A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,860
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stroppel bangles, cuffs and other stuff  (Read 1497 times)
Tags for this thread: bangle , polymer_clay , bracelet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« on: May 14, 2012 06:27:03 AM »

this was the first time i had tried the 'stropple' cane. i was really impressed by this pretty cane at just how efficient it was at recycling scrap clay (cane ends, scraps of skinner blends, broken cane slices..we all end up with a box of it now matter how carefull you try to be) both these bangles are made almost entirely from scraps. the core is an armature made of scrap clay then covered with slices from the stroppel can. the only 'fresh clay' i used was the pink.

if you fancy trying the stroppel cane theres a great video on youtube that explains the technique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y07zXuLZe20

trying out a new cuff design too...ive never been happy with my flat cuff designs i like my bracelets to move Smiley i used my basic bangle technique (if you havnt come across my work before this was one i did a while back which while its not exactly the same should give you an idea of the basic steps that i use to construct my bangles: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386183.0  ) and once i had covered (and sanded) both inside and out i cut a section from the bangle using a straight tissue blade (this one measures 1cm in wideth by avout the same in depth but if you are creating a much wider or thjicker cuff you might need to cut the section from the armature and work from there) i then cut a strip from a sheet of blue clay and wrapped it around the outside of the bangle, baked and then stuck a small piece of blue clay over the cut ends and baked again.

these are both black and white variations on my 'zipper' bangles though obviously the necklace was formed as a flat shape on the baking tray rather than around a cardboard tube Smiley
to attach the cord i drilled a hole (as deep as you dare, i try to aim for at least 1.5cm deep) about the same diameter as the cotton cord and glued the cord in place (i used uhu glue) once dried the glue holds up particularly well and is quite secure (though i have to try this technique with a particularly long or heavy weight necklace)

action shot Grin

bangle:

as always coments or advice are more than welcome Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

"this kid is driving me craaaazy!"-Robert Munchs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012 07:50:23 AM »

I'm loving these!! I always love your work, it's like art.  Wearable art.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chocolate Yule Log Recipe
How to Decorate Holiday Sugar Cookies with Love
How To Make Delicious Christmas Sables
How To Make A Plum And Ginger Trifle
How to Make Wintery Snowflake Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...