A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 238880 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1380 on: August 31, 2012 06:43:09 AM »

Well, during my summer I had hoped to complete one project in each category, since I *certainly* won't be able to do so over the semester.  I came pretty darn close to my goal, only missing Arithmancy.  I can't beleive how much I did though.  That's 23 projects in 3 months!  And you know what else?

NONE OF IT, would have happened without the inspiration provided here, by the amazingly wonderful muse & cheerleader that is my friend pinkleo.  Darling, thank you for inspiring me more and more, every single day.  They say that ideas can change the world, and you are proof of that statement.   Kiss

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012 06:49:56 AM by jennieingram - Reason: fixed typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
teaandcraft
« Reply #1381 on: August 31, 2012 07:03:57 AM »

Hurray for Pinkleo! You rock!! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspo t.com.au
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1382 on: August 31, 2012 11:49:42 AM »

Well, during my summer I had hoped to complete one project in each category, since I *certainly* won't be able to do so over the semester.  I came pretty darn close to my goal, only missing Arithmancy.  I can't beleive how much I did though.  That's 23 projects in 3 months!  And you know what else?

NONE OF IT, would have happened without the inspiration provided here, by the amazingly wonderful muse & cheerleader that is my friend pinkleo.  Darling, thank you for inspiring me more and more, every single day.  They say that ideas can change the world, and you are proof of that statement.   Kiss

awwwwww........you have me all teary!  Kiss You are so sweet!   :::sniff & smile:::
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012 11:50:10 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1383 on: August 31, 2012 12:27:05 PM »

~*End of the Term Feast*~

Again, what a fun, crazy, crafty summer we have had! 
Thank you for joining the Summer HPC! 
You have inspired me every day!

September 1, 2012, the HP Craftalong Summer Semester 2012 will be closed, but I shall leave up the homework prompts for anyone who wanders by for inspiration.  You can continue to post pics in this thread of projects inspired by the Summer HPC, but I will not be adding them to the complete projects lists. 

The HPC Fall Semester 2012 will be opening September 1, 2012, and I hope to see you there!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012 12:28:05 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #1384 on: August 31, 2012 03:38:12 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: sorting Hat
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: House patch
Brief Description: I decided to show my Gryffindor pride with a Gryffindor Lion Patch
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #1385 on: August 31, 2012 04:01:37 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Starry yarn-bomb
Brief Description:
I've been in London for the week, for business, but that hasn't stopped me to have some pleasure too! I've been crocheting on the underground, and this star is one of the little things I made on those trips. I felt the need to leave something of mine behind in London, so that part of me would always be here (it's my first time here, but I've so fallen in love with this city!) so I decided to "yarn-bomb" something.

I attached it to the street lantern on the corner of Wild Street and Kemble Street, very close to Grand Connaught Rooms, where LeakyCon London 2013 will be held. I don't know if it will survive long, but you never know!
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012 04:15:43 PM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Eiseldora
« Reply #1386 on: August 31, 2012 04:03:06 PM »

So cute Naantje. I want to go to London, and I want to leave a little piece of me behind there too!

I love the idea. I hope it lasts a long time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1387 on: August 31, 2012 04:09:54 PM »

I love the last-minute Summer Projects!  Keep them coming; I'll update the last few tomorrow.

I'm about to head out to the first HS football game of the season, as a Band Mom I must represent!  Because I know that I will be out late and then sleep in tomorrow, I have open the Fall HPC and posted Class Assignments!!!!  Some of the Staff Posts are under construction, so watch your step.  If you have questions, please post or PM them; I will get to them first thing tomorrow.  Now, go forth and have fun!;D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1388 on: August 31, 2012 09:36:27 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Fibonacci-striped Square
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: I used the Fibonacci sequence to select how many stripes of each color to use on my small afghan. I found this Gryffindor colors Jiffy Lion Brand (how apropos!) yarn in a thrift store ages ago, finally decided it wanted to be a back-of-the-couch afghan this winter, and finally made it this summer. I ran out of gold yarn on the last set of stripes and, multiple trips to stores later, discovered the gold color had been added to the clearance section of LB's website; anyone who wants any should buy it now.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name: A Timely Reminder
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: Medievals liked to make pictures with a "memento mori" (remember you will die) lesson to them. I figure moderns could use the reminder too, but I'm not much of an artist. I made memento mori sachets stuffed with dried rosemary from my (now dead!) rosemary bush; rosemary is for remembrance, according to Shakespeare, old herbals, and some modern research.
Project Picture:

The back of the sachets have another reminder.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Bad Omen/Good Omen
Brief Description: I wasn't going to do anything for Divination, but then I got interested in the wording of the assignment--a good or bad omen. I assume it meant one or the other, but I got interested in the idea of something that could be both. And I thought of crosses and crucifixes. They were originally a device of tortuous execution and the object of horror and shame, because of the pain, death, and criminality they would be associated with. But under Christian thinking they became associated with good, because Christians believe that a particular death on a cross became the pathway to life--that the worst thing that could possibly happen (God took on human flesh and humans brutally murdered him) became the best thing that could happen. Since then crosses and crucifixes have taken on cultural associations with goodness, such as the power to turn back vampires in classic horror fiction.

I made a purple bookmarks (purple has an association with Jesus' Passion in Catholic culture), one with a cross and one with a crucifix. (The cross one was a gift to departing co-worker and earned me a hug!) I also made a purple cord dangling crucifix for my rearview window, sort of an alternative to the more common looped over rosary.

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1389 on: August 31, 2012 09:51:43 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention with Snape
Project Name: First Attempt at Hairsticks
Brief Description: Several years ago, when I made a few sets of wooden knitting needles from dowels, I also cut and sanded down dowels for two pair of hair sticks that I never made. (And an additional set of knitting needles.) There was too much time spent sanding these things down to discard--really, they're nearly as smooth as a baby's bottom. Last week or the week before one of my beloved old, wooden, commercially purchased hair sticks cracked. None of the stores I visited had any, so I figured I had to make some. I filched some chopsticks from a Chinese restaurant before I remembered these ready to paint and tip ones. They're colored with metallic bronze Sharpie and tipped (poorly) with copper polymer clay. I like the bronze color, but I need to do better with the top part on my next pair.
Project Picture:

I'll be seeing people in Detention next semester.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Side Braid Your Own Hair
Castor and Coconut Oil Mask to Make Your Hair Grow
Futuristic Ponytail Hairstyles Backstage at Herve Leger FW 2014
How to Use Hot Rollers
How to Get Big, Bouncy Curls
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...