A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 265654 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teaandcraft
« Reply #1330 on: August 23, 2012 09:59:28 PM »

Class: Defence Against the Dark Arts
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Time Flies
Brief Description: My greatest fear is wasting my life, or putting things off too long, and then realising one day that I'm an old lady and I haven't accomplished all that I set out to do. Ha ha, I guess it makes sense that I'm in Slytherin now, doesn't it? ~_^ If you'd like to hear more about how I made it, you can go to my blog (http://teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au/) but you can probably work it out mostly just by looking at it ^_^

Class: Potions
Project Name: Alma's Birthday Scarf
Brief Description: My Nana Alma turns 85 this year and I wanted to make her something special that would help her remember the times that she grew up in. Nana was born in 1927, which was quite a different world from 2012, and so I used the digitized version of the newspaper from the day she was born to create this desin which I then had printed onto cotton silk using Spoonflower. I really like how it turned out, and I hope Nana likes it too ^_^

I'm still loving everyone's creations ... I can't believe the semester is almost over! ; _ ; But I'll definitely be back in Fall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1331 on: August 24, 2012 05:37:29 AM »

What a wonderful gift lightinglisa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1332 on: August 24, 2012 05:41:11 AM »

It's awesome to see everyone pulling out all the stops before the end of semester!
Yes! ...though I think we hit a little lull because lots of HPCers are crafting for the Back to Hogwarts swap (I know I am Cool) and/or preparing for real school to start (I know I am doing that too Smiley)

I agree. Seeing everyone's crafts, especially right after a challenge post, is a load of fun.

We homeschool and started two weeks ago! Trying to squeeze crafting into the schedule has been tricky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #1333 on: August 24, 2012 10:21:16 AM »

Lightninglisa, that is a wonderful idea!  I'll have to see if I can find digitzed files for my grandmothers too.  Two years ago I gave my mom a Chateleine magazine from the month and year she was born, which was a pretty big hit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1334 on: August 24, 2012 11:45:52 AM »

Class: Follow the spiders
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: spider hunter heirloom necklace

I ran out of some crucial ingredients I needed for potions class, so it was off to Diagon Alley for a visit to Slug and Jiggers Apothecary. While there I couldn't help notice a woman wearing a very ornate and unique necklace with a spider on it, it was truly lovely. The woman noticed me admiring her necklace and introduced herself as Zoraida Arlana, spider hunter.

A spider hunter?? Really? I Had never heard of such a thing, After complimenting Zoraida on her necklace I inquired as to what a spider hunter does, Apparently Zoraida comes from a long and distinguished line of spider hunters, you see, many spiders are difficult to breed in captivity and some breeds are so rare that it has become necessary for apothecaries to hire spider hunters to track down rare and unusual spiders needed for potion making. Spider hunter's, Zoraida told me are capable of mesmerizing spiders into doing their will making it easier to capture them. Hmm, how interesting, just as I was approaching the counter to get the ingredients I needed Zoraida pointed out the petrified spiders she had just brought in and while I don't particularly care for spiders and try to avoid them if at all possible I just couldn't resist these and just had to have them.

I posted a tutorial of how I the cabochon was created here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413310.0
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012 11:47:18 AM by teag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1335 on: August 24, 2012 05:49:04 PM »

@teag: I do adore spider crafts (not spiders...but their inspired crafts are some of my faves), and this web necklace is something I do adore!  And Kiss for the fab tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skatergirl1007
« Reply #1336 on: August 25, 2012 09:58:53 AM »

Class: Math
House: Hufflepuff
Description: I get this email with all kinds of crafts and give aways and one was an embroidered brown paper bag book cover. I have a math book from my high school so I thought I would try it out on that. I used the Fibonacci sequence as the embroidery on the cover.
Pictures:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012 04:29:53 PM by skatergirl1007 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #1337 on: August 25, 2012 12:40:54 PM »

@lightninglisa: I can SOOOOOOOO relate to your biggest fear. I am a procrastination-queen for some indeterminable reason (I am so aware of my own procrastination, but I seem to be unable to beat the cycle  Undecided ) and it causes me loads of stress. You've turned it into something beautiful!

Great projects from everybody else too!

I've just finished reading the full Hunger Games trilogy (in under 36 hours!) and I feel inspiration bubbling for a Muggle Studies project. Aslo, craftster, I don't know if I should adore the lot of you for getting me interested in the Hunger Games and Doctor Who, or should curse you all for stealing my time away. Over the last 2,5 weeks, my boyfriend and I have been watching Doctor Who nearly every evening, we started at the season with Christopher Eccleston, and are now halfway the first seazon with Matt Smith. It is amazing, but you should see the state of our house!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1338 on: August 25, 2012 06:44:19 PM »

Naantje, you have to watch out for Dr. Who. It's a Trap!!  Oh, wait, wrong reference. But it's still a trap!

teag, you do such great work. Those spiders are wonderful!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft
« Reply #1339 on: August 26, 2012 04:06:00 AM »

Challenge: Sorting Hat
Project Name: Slytherin uniform cup cosy
Brief Description: I like to have a cup of tea in the afternoon at work, but my cup is always too hot to handle. So, I crocheted this cosy which is meant to look like the Hogwarts uniform as worn by Slytherin House. I'm not totally happy with it, but I'm not sure how to improve it. Suggestions are welcome! ^_^

P.S. I love your web necklace teag! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Orange Iced Buns
Dominique Ansel Shares His Peanut Butter Lobster Tails Recipe
Delicious Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn for Your Movie Date Night
Learn to Make Funfetti Cupcakes Stuffed With Birthday Cake Oreos
Chef Shares Easy Recipe For Delicious Financiers, A French Dessert
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...