A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 237905 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teaandcraft
« Reply #1280 on: August 19, 2012 05:26:20 AM »

Class: Follow the Spiders challenge
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Glittery Spider Fascinator
Brief Description: I made this fascinator so I have something pretty to wear on Halloween ^_^ I now have black glitter all over me and my home, but it looks good so that's the main thing, right? ^_^

Class: Arithmacy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Twisty Fibonacci Cowl
Brief Description: This cowl is not that great, and the photo is even worse. I used 100% wool in a mustard colour and I learnt how to purl and use circular needles so I could create a ribbed pattern using the Fibonacci sequence. I'm going to make another one of these, and try not to make so many mistakes.

Almost done! Only four challenges to go ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspo t.com.au
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1281 on: August 19, 2012 10:36:55 AM »

Class: Detention With Snape
House:Ravenclaw
Project Name: millifae Arvifae House

I live in a small modest rented  muggle house with a single car garage that is separated by a screened Lanai (for those of you who don't live in Florida, A screened Porch). Years before I moved in, the single car garage was turned into a mother in law's apartment, which was the fashion at the time, over time when the modest little house was no longer family owned, some handy muggle turned the apartment into two efficiency's thus tripling the rent a muggle Landlord could ask for the modest house.

Because of the diminutive size of the newly created efficiency's, tenants come and go, never staying more than a year. The last tenants, which started out as a single Mexican man ended up with about 10 men living in the tiny room, because of this and many other reasons the men were evicted, but not before they destroyed and trashed the place- The Landlord, heartbroken, locked the door and walked away.

As time passed the tiny room had become over ridden with Garden Gnomes who were unable to resist the aroma of the food had been left in the cupboards and fridge, well, Garden Gnomes,  as everyone knows, are nearly impossible to get rid of once they have gotten used to living inside.

Two years passed when the landlord decided it was time to repair the broken little room. As soon as the work began on the plumbing and electricity, the gardens gnomes, who were angered and feeling trapped found an escape route by shimmying up the shared water pipes only to emerge underneath the water heater in my tiny modest house.

During this time I was putting on the final touches of my Trunk house in preparations for a family of millifae (fairy like creatures native to New England that possess magical powers and shape shifting capabilities). Seeing this home angered the newly displaced garden gnomes so much that they set about destroying the little trunk house. I woke one morning to find this:

Angered, Saddened and heartbroken, I reluctantly packed the unfinished and now destroyed home away, knowing that until I could, once and for all rid my home of these pesky gnomes,  I would not be able to repair and finish my beautiful trunk home- After enlisting in a pest control man (who was useless) and a couple of cats I am now happy to report my home and yard are now free of those pesky garden gnomes. Several months past before I was positive that they weren't any gnomes left, I unpacked my precious home, repaired and finally finished it- and I am happy to say I rented it out to a group of Arvifae!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

raynebeauxx
« Reply #1282 on: August 19, 2012 11:41:49 AM »

Ravenclaw
Project name:Scarf

My first time using a loom I made this dinky little scarf.
Not the prettiest but it was my first try.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/raynebeauxxx/

I have a facebook group that is about showing off crafts I would love anyone to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217478781664975/
skatergirl1007
« Reply #1283 on: August 19, 2012 01:18:39 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Sorting Hat Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: A Hufflepuff mug
Brief Description: I had gotten this make a quilted mug thing a few years ago. I was going to use some woodland animal fabric but then I thought I would use some black and yellow fabric for Hufflepuff.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1284 on: August 19, 2012 03:01:34 PM »

Project Name: Badger Nails
Brief Description: Showing my Hufflepuff pride, nail style.  Did yellow tips with black plaid from nail stamps, then hand painted on the badgers.  They were tiny hard things!  But I like how they turned out well enough.
Project Picture:

bit more of a close up on a badger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1285 on: August 19, 2012 03:40:02 PM »

Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Climacophobia Digital Collage

Brief Description: I have been trying for weeks to figure out what to craft for Defense Against the Dark Arts.  I do in fact have a deeply ingrained fear, but try as I might, I couldn't figure out how to craft something to do with it.  I have Climacophobia, the fear of stairs or falling down stairs.  When I was about 4 years old, I was climbing the steps to a second floor deck when the railing gave way. I  still distinctly remember the sound of the cracking wood as I looked at the step below me, and then opening my eyes to see the sky above me. Amazingly, I didn't break anything, but that fear stayed with me, to the point that I cannot walk beside someone on a set of stairs.  I am convinced the person beside me is going to push me down the flight.  (This extends to people I know and love, including my parents and my husband, who have learned not to walk beside me.) 

Currently I work at a university that was built onto a hill, and most of the buildings have multiple sets of steps, both inside and outside, as well as bridges connecting the buildings.  My building even faces a set of bleachers/steps from the old football field, which were left in place to form a sort of amphitheatre outside the fine arts center.  Talk about having to face your fears everyday!  Anyway, today it occurred to me to create a digital collage, that I can put up beside my desk at work.  Here is the result.  The quote is You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.... You must do the thing you think you cannot do. by Eleanor Roosevelt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
skatergirl1007
« Reply #1286 on: August 19, 2012 03:42:25 PM »

Project Name: Badger Nails
Brief Description: Showing my Hufflepuff pride, nail style.  Did yellow tips with black plaid from nail stamps, then hand painted on the badgers.  They were tiny hard things!  But I like how they turned out well enough.
Project Picture:

I love the nails!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiamatfire
« Reply #1287 on: August 19, 2012 05:54:36 PM »

More great projects!  Those nails are great Cheesy

Challenge: Sorting Hat
Name: Gryffy booties

I bought a great little bootie pattern to make my Herbology challenge with (they are upcoming, they still need embellishment) and thought I'd make my daughter a pair of booties that will fit right now!  The inverted colours were an accident, as my brain is a little fuzzy from being sick.  I like it though!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1288 on: August 19, 2012 06:39:58 PM »

I WANT THAT BABY. Oh, and the booties are super cute, too!

teag- I love, love your trunk house. You did a fantastic job and the new residents look like they are enjoying it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1289 on: August 19, 2012 06:53:23 PM »

Oh tia, I want a pair of those for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spicy Guacamole
How to Cook Caribbean Halibut
Chocolate Sticky Buns by Chef Jehangir Mehta at Graffiti
Snow Crab Legs
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...