A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 264473 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raynebeauxx
« Reply #1230 on: August 14, 2012 08:27:13 PM »

OH MY HOLY EPIC SIGN! WOAH!  Shocked
That is awesome!

I miss having a yard oh the woes of a apartment!

(I know its not the right place)
I wanted to share I made a group on facebook that you can shere your  stuff on if any one likes

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217478781664975/
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012 09:47:55 PM by raynebeauxx » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/raynebeauxxx/

I have a facebook group that is about showing off crafts I would love anyone to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217478781664975/
chughes225
« Reply #1231 on: August 15, 2012 05:33:18 AM »

You guys comments are so sweet.  Thanks.  I have one more project and then ill have all of them complete.  Grin yay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Critter10

Losing my sanity one day at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1232 on: August 15, 2012 10:09:43 AM »

That sign really is epic chughes. I totally want one!...and a place to put it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Critter10/
Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. Mischief Managed.
~Anyone can accomplish any task with no limits and constant encouragement.
~There is no such thing as trash, only future craft supplies that no one has claimed.
tiamatfire
« Reply #1233 on: August 15, 2012 10:32:06 AM »

HOLY CROW chughes!  I also am going to steal the sign, if the others don't get there first!

I also thought I'd chime in and say I had a budget wedding too, we spent under $3000CA including my dress and alterations.  I find huge expensive weddings a bit pompous and ostentatious myself. 

I have one project left, and am struggling with whether to buy the pattern online or not, I feel like I could adjust a pattern I already have to make it.  They're sooooooo cute though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Eiseldora
« Reply #1234 on: August 15, 2012 11:05:17 AM »

I have one project left, and am struggling with whether to buy the pattern online or not, I feel like I could adjust a pattern I already have to make it.  They're sooooooo cute though...

Not to be a bad influence tiamatfire, but if this is a pattern you'll just use once, altering is the way to go. If however they are sooooooo cute that you'll likely use it again and again they it might be worth the purchase price so you don't have to adjust every time you make the project. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1235 on: August 15, 2012 03:13:54 PM »

Class: Muggle studies
House:Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pearls

For the Class Muggle studies, I decided to make a day of it and plan a trip to a muggle village to observe  muggles in their natural habitat-I went to a village I had never been before, where I noticed a large grouping of muggle cars in front of a large building with the words Mart on the front. (It seems muggles like these marts as I noticed quite a few but each with different first names wal, K, Bi, Save, Furniture-) very curious... groups of muggles kept going in and then coming out. I just had to see what caused such a large gathering ,was it a club or meeting? Perhaps a match of some kind- I was careful not to get too close to the muggles for fear of being discovered a wizard, but I just couldn't constrain myself, I  had to have a closer look.

I cautiously approached the doors of the mart and to my surprise the doors opened on their own, magic! these muggles do have magic after all.  I looked around and noticed muggles of all sorts young, old,large, small, black, white, brown, children and even babies-Many of the muggles were pushing large trolleys. Some of the trolleys were empty, some had children in the conveniently placed seat, children were hanging off some of them, there were muggle artifacts in others.

As I ventured further in the mart I saw row after row filled with an abundance of colorful muggle artifacts. within a few minutes I realized I was in a muggle shop and happily strolled about unnoticed, observing muggles, examining and reading the artifacts.
    I rounded one corner and noticed an entire wall of moving pictures- Muggles have moving pictures too! Of course being the curious sort I just had to have a closer look. I could tell these muggle pictures were different from wizard pictures- but wasn't quite sure how. Stories! the moving pictures were telling stories -I must have stood there for hours in pure fascination wondering how the did it, especially when I saw a young boy changing the stories with a peculiar shaped wand with buttons- Who knew muggles possessed such wonderful magic!

There were all sorts of stories to observe-some short, some long, some scary some funny and even some informative.
 One story in particular caught my attention, a documentary about muggle life titled: leave it to beaver- very strange indeed, I never did see any beavers- just a couple of boys, a mother and a father.They lived in a ordinary muggle home with all sorts of wonderful muggle artifacts and the mother was particularly fascinating -she was always dressed impeccable and her house was so neat and orderly, meals ready and on time, It had to be magic, no one could possible be that perfect without magical help! Just how did she accomplish this? I had to know, especially since housekeeping can be problematic for me. After many hours of observations I believe I discovered the source of her magic- The pearls! it has to be the string of pearls she wears around her neck- her outfits change frequently but she is never without that string of pearls.

My own home was  such a disorderly mess  I knew if I had my own string of magical pearls to wear, my house would  be, once and for all  orderly and perfectly kept. So, the following day I was off to the Indian Ocean in search of the perfect pearls- with a bit of magic, silk cord, swavorski crystals and of course pearls,  I now have my very own String of magical pearls.

(* these are not your Michael's craft variety of pearls they are actual A/B grade potato pearls, Just look at their luster, aren't they gorgeous?)

Class: House Pride and Unity
House:Ravenclaw
Project Name: Ravenclaw Journal

I needed a journal to document my studies, I happened upon this in a dusty shop on Diagon Alley.

and a peek inside

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1236 on: August 15, 2012 03:31:29 PM »

I'm going to chughes' house. At night. To steal her sign.
Cheesy  You'll have to beat me to it! Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1237 on: August 15, 2012 03:43:10 PM »

Okay, I broke Craftster!!! Sad  The first page disappeared & added some of post 2 to it. Tongue  NOTE TO FUTURE SELF: Save first page info next time.  I'm going to get it back up.  I will be deleting comments in completed projects page as I think it is in overflow and causing glitchy things....that or nargles have been up to their usual mischief!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

special_occasion
« Reply #1238 on: August 15, 2012 03:43:58 PM »

teag: not only does the journal look great but if I had just the cover I'd frame it  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiamatfire
« Reply #1239 on: August 15, 2012 03:49:12 PM »

Oh no pinkleo!!!  You might be able to see an archived version on waybackmachine...

Teag, that is a GREAT story, I love it!  I'm guessing you're replicating (gorgeously) June Cleaver's necklace? Cheesy

Eiseldora, I think I will make them more than once.  They are the cutest little holly decorated booties, and the pattern comes in sizes 0-3, 3-6, and 6-12 month sizes.  Since I'm not a very experienced crocheter I would have a hard time adjusting it.  The pattern is $6, and I do have a gift card someone gave me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Horse Saves Troubled Teen
Interview with ‘Words and Pictures’ Star Bruce Davison
Chelsea Cain Introduces Her Blockbuster New Series
Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus, and Evan Turk on Grandfather Gandhi
This Woman Is Trying To Bring Attention To Female Genital Mutilation In US
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...