A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,476
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 247248 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raynebeauxx
« Reply #1180 on: August 12, 2012 07:31:31 PM »

HOUSE PRIDE
GO GO RAVENCLAW!
(if you look on the ring finger you can see a R)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/raynebeauxxx/

I have a facebook group that is about showing off crafts I would love anyone to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217478781664975/
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1181 on: August 12, 2012 08:01:17 PM »

I just.... I can't do a broom challenge! I'm not inspired....I don't like broomsticks!

I can only take comfort knowing that it's something Hermione and I have in common.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1182 on: August 12, 2012 08:44:33 PM »

I'm so proud of how hard everyone is working to craft for their teams, and for good causes.   And I'm *extra* proud of my Gryffindor teammates for creating 6 items for charity!!!  Way to go ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1183 on: August 12, 2012 09:01:58 PM »

I'm so proud of how hard everyone is working to craft for their teams, and for good causes.   And I'm *extra* proud of my Gryffindor teammates for creating 6 items for charity!!!  Way to go ladies!
I couldn't have said it better!  Makes me even more excited for the Fall Semester! Grin  Now off to bed so I can awake to see who wins the Quidditch Cup.  Zzzzzz(_ _)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShardaeDobby
HP extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 12, 2012 11:17:34 PM »

Challenge: Quidditch - Cheering/Spirit
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Mini Ravenclaw Quidditch Pennants and Seeker sign
Brief Description: These are going to hang behind my mini broomstick coat rack. I guess eventually I'll have a mini Ravenclaw locker room or mini Wizard/Witch bedroom before long.

Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Chaser
Project Name: Beaded Fan Pull
Brief Description: It took me awhile to come up with a project for this challenge. Looking around my room I couldn't help but notice the tiny little pull on my fan. It worked great for the light over my desk in college, but now it's a bit small. I had some beads I didnt know what to do with because they were too big for jewelry but they were perfect for this. I added some smaller beads from my broken jewelry collection in because it would have looked too plain and here's the result.

Pictures:
Before:

After:

Closeup:

Challenge: Quidditch - Seeker
Project Name: Snitch Catch-All
Brief Description: I couldn't let the other pieces of the soda bottle I made the cuff out of go unused so I turned the bottom into a Snitch by adding some wings and using the witchery of permanent markers to turn the plastic yellow. I'm planning on using it as a catch-all for small items like coins and odds and ends that come out of my pockets and purse.

Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ride across the Black Lake to the Fall Harry Potter Craftalong
SootBerry
« Reply #1185 on: August 12, 2012 11:24:08 PM »

Hope I'm not too late!~

Challenge: Beater
Project Name: Alice poseable art doll

I've worked with polymer clay on and off (mostly off  Cheesy) for about two years but have only really made charms and things of that ilk. I decided to try my hand at a pose-able art doll. So many new techniques to try! She is just a touch over 6 inches (not including her crazy hair) and was inspired by Alice in Wonderland - hopefully that's kind of obvious! - in a sort of Marie Antoinette meets Tim Burton style.  Cheesy  I made so, so many mistakes while making her -- err, I mean I learned so much of what not to do on the next one.  Cheesy  She even has her own little drink me vial.

Post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412771.0
Picture:

Challenge: Broomstick
Project Name: Nimbus clay charm

More polymer clay!~ This tiny little Nimbus broomstick is roughly the same length as a sewing pin.

Picture:

And finally,
Challenge: DADA; Defeat a Boggart.  Craft something inspired by one of your greatest fears
Project Name: Clay Dark Mark

I must admit my greatest fear is losing a loved one and I cannot imagine the horror of seeing a dark mark hovering over my home. I probably took this challenge too literally,  Wink but I'm happy with how it turned out. Polymer clay & gold paint.

Picture:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012 11:27:37 PM by SootBerry » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1186 on: August 13, 2012 12:04:21 AM »

Thank you, Eiseldora, for the Slytherin buttons! You rock! If there were individual points to give on Craftster, you'd have thousands of brownie points for your generosity!

Great Quidditch matches, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
varifiresis
« Reply #1187 on: August 13, 2012 12:33:18 AM »

Last Minute Quidditch Challenge Entries!
I almost forgot today was the last day to post these! Thank goodness we were given those few extra hours (can quidditch go into overtime?) to get things posted!

Challenge:Chaser
House: Slytherin
Project Name:Red Fairy Door
Brief Description: My 5 year old niece loves my HP collection and wanted to make something to add to the display, so we painted a wooden dollhouse door and now we have a fairy door so magical creatures can visit.

Challenge: Broomsticks
Project Name: 3 Broomsticks Pin
Brief Description: I made a 3 Broomsticks logo in Photoshop (I used a few designs from Deviant Art as inspiration). Then I used some gel pens to add a bit of glitter to the lettering and to highlight the brooms.

Challenge: House Spirit
Project Name: Slytherin Pride Beads
Brief Description: This necklace is made from several strands of green glass beads that I had picked up for another project but decided were too small to use as individual accent beads but that they looked great when there were multiple strands together and with a few silvery strands of seed beads I had my house colors.

For some reason these beads show up in the photos as being a bit yellow/golden but are actually a white-ish silvery color in person.

Challenge: Beater
Project Name: My sister's new technicolor hair
Brief Description: I almost forgot to include this one but it definitely fit the new technique criteria for the 'Beater Challenge'. My sister has waist length hair that has been dyed just about every color imaginable and changes it fairly often, but has recently had surgery and would need a helper (me). This time she decided that she wanted green and blue streaks in front  and a dark brown/black color for the rest - which seemed like a pretty simple plan even though she had never actually used more than one color at a time before. As it turns out it was a bit more complicated than we thought but we were too far along to stop by the time we figured out exactly what we had gotten ourselves into. It took us almost six hours (when we had figured 2 at the most) but we did finally get it right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #1188 on: August 13, 2012 06:28:13 AM »

Wow wow wow!! So many AWESOME last minute quidditch challenges! I *LOVE* the Alice doll and the Harry Potter collection<---*drools* The Tri-wizard cup is Epic!  Cheesy And the Fan pulls are genius and such an unexpected splash of color!
    NICE JOB ALL!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1189 on: August 13, 2012 07:15:42 AM »

~*The Summer Quidditch Games have come to an end!*~

Good game everyone!  The awards ceremonies will occur later today. Cool  Now it's time to catch up on your assignments because there is only 18 more days left in the Summer Semester! Grin
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012 07:17:42 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Braid Like Rachel McAdams
What Are Some Good Braid Styles For a Wedding?
How to Do a Braid Like Sienna Miller
How to Do Cornrows
How to Do a Braid Like Blake Lively
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...