A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,531
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 271104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Critter10

Losing my sanity one day at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1140 on: August 10, 2012 08:45:55 AM »

First off, the quanity and quality of all the projects in this craftalong is simply amazing. I don't have time to comment on any individual pieces now, but I do want to share a few small projects I've completed. I'm hoping to get a few more done (including some Quidditch challenges) before the end of the semester, but well life's been a bit busy. I got back from camp (the HP inspired camp I work at) a few days ago, and that was awesome. Anyways, the projects:

Class: Astronomy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: A Little Pouch of Sunshine
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: So I made this small sewing project actually near the beggining of the semester and never thought to post it until now. I was looking for a small pouch to capture a few rays of sunshine and to hold a few special items when necessary. It's very basic sewing, but I'm still a begginer so I'm fairly happy with it.
Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Knight Bus Challenge
Project Name: A Simple Purple Card
Brief Description: I made this little card with the intention of sending a letter to a friend. Though I haven't yet sent it, I've realized that it is perfect for applying a small listening charm to when riding the Knight Bus so that I can capture any happenings which occur during my travels.
Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Divination
Project Name: A Sanity for My Mom
Brief Description: So at the Harry Potter inspired camp I work at, ducks, specifically ducks known as Sanity are kind of a huge thing. Sanity is kinda the camp's unofficial mascot, so I figured what better good omen than that. Furthermore, I realized my mom deserved her own little Sanity since she's been really supportive of all the camp stuff I'm involved in. So I present, a small Sanity drawing - drawn on cardstock, colored some, and with a purple background.
Project Picture:

...Sorry for the pic heaviness of the post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Critter10/
Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. Mischief Managed.
~Anyone can accomplish any task with no limits and constant encouragement.
~There is no such thing as trash, only future craft supplies that no one has claimed.
tiamatfire
« Reply #1141 on: August 10, 2012 12:57:57 PM »

I'm done!   Grin

Challenge: Keeper
Team: Gryffindor
Project: Afghan square

The first of 4 I'm going to send to South Africa.  I cast a warmth charm, and my daughter imbued it with some love.

Challenge: House Unity
Team: Gryffindor
Project: Hogwarts Baby Beanie

A house unity hat that inadvertently ended up looking like a Hudson's Bay blanket...I love it though!  I'm going to make a straight-up Gryffindor one for her too.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012 02:11:07 PM by tiamatfire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
skatergirl1007
« Reply #1142 on: August 10, 2012 02:07:25 PM »

I'm done!   Grin

The first of 4 I'm going to send to South Africa.  I cast a warmth charm, and my daughter imbued it with some love.

What house have you picked to be in tiamatfire?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiamatfire
« Reply #1143 on: August 10, 2012 02:12:05 PM »

I'm done!   Grin

The first of 4 I'm going to send to South Africa.  I cast a warmth charm, and my daughter imbued it with some love.

What house have you picked to be in tiamatfire?

D'oh!  Thanks for pointing that out!  I'm Gryffindor Wink  I fixed it in my post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1144 on: August 10, 2012 03:10:19 PM »

Awww, love the Hogwarts Beanie!  And your little one looks so sweet in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1145 on: August 10, 2012 07:23:23 PM »

Class (or House Pride Item): Divination
Project Name: Lightning Hockey Stick
Brief Description: Did this a little bit ago, and forgot to post!
Ceraunomancy is divination by observing lightning. Ancient Roman augurs believed that lightning bolts from the east were favorable omens, while lightning bolts from the west were bad omens. Lightning bolts from the north were the worst omens. Lightning bolts from the northwest were a sign that very bad news would arrive soon.
Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Keeper Challenge
House: (if desired) Ravenclaw
Project Name: Cookies!!
Brief Description: I didn't end up decorating the plate, since I couldn't find a method I liked. So, I simply made the cookies, and gave them to the fire department. (I couldn't get ahold of the police station to see if they would accept baked goods.) I think they were appreciated. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Chaser Challenge
Project Name: Be someone who makes you happy hoop
Brief Description: This is the only thing I'm posting that I'm not happy with. I stitched while watching TV, and I guess I should have been paying more attention. The third line is waaay too crooked for my tastes. I elongated 2 of the letters so it was a little less noticeable, but blegh. I may even end up redoing it some day. The colors at least I'm happy with. (The other hoops in the photo have all been received in swaps Cheesy )
Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Detention
Project Name: Date nights!
Brief Description: I pinned some lists months ago of potential date nights for when all you do is sit around with your hubby and watch TV. I used detention to spur me into finishing this off and putting it together. I chose my top 100 dates, and put an easy one on one side and a more expensive/time consuming one on the other. That way every stick should have an option that is appealing no matter what. Plus domo cup. Wink
Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Beater challenge
Project Name: Poly clay cane
Brief Description: my first ever polymer clay cane!! Chilling it absolutely helped to make it easier to slice.
Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Seeker challenge
Project Name: Snitch ornament
Brief Description: I made a snitch ornament using my cane! I need to add a wire hook and bake it, but otherwise it's done. It doesn't look half bad either!
Project Picture:

Thanks for going through my uber long post! And sorry for blurry pictures, I do my best with limited tools.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1146 on: August 10, 2012 07:32:34 PM »

Mkay, I NEED a couple of those Snitch beads!!!! Shocked  You're right, they came out FABULOUS! And I really adore your Detention challenge. I've been wanting to do a "date night" cup with my DH for a long while but never could come up with enough different things to make it interesting Tongue WELL DONE!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1147 on: August 11, 2012 09:11:19 AM »

@tiamatfire, I listed your Hogwarts Hat, which I adore to pieces, a Quidditch Cheering/Spirit item.  (In the same spirit of pottermouth's fabulous Hogwarts Handwarmers, which I'm coveting)  If you don't want that counted as such, please PM me and I'll move it ASAP.

Fabulous work everyone!  I'm about to post some Quidditch projects of my own!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012 09:12:18 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #1148 on: August 11, 2012 10:06:41 AM »

it's coming down to the wire, but i have 2 more quidditch projects to post

house: gryffendor
class: beater
project: book basket

i've had this wire frame from a disposable chaffing dish around for over a year thinking i could turn it into a basket, but i haven't done weaving since those potholders when i was a kid.
the challenge on the purses, bags board gave me encouragement, and  i jumped in and had a good start wrapping it in yarn, but weaving in the opposite direction took forever! but i wouldn't let it beat me! there must be a faster way, but i finished the bottom, and it's pretty cute! next time i would use wide ribbon or something so it wouldn't take so long.

house: griffendor
class:quidditch-chaser
project: strawberry jam

i actually made this earlier this summer, and should have made more! once the fresh strawberries were gone, the kids started in on these, and they are almost gone as well. i stored them in the freezer so i didn't have to mess with a canner, and it was really easy, the directions were on the surejell box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
tiamatfire
« Reply #1149 on: August 11, 2012 10:16:14 AM »

@tiamatfire, I listed your Hogwarts Hat, which I adore to pieces, a Quidditch Cheering/Spirit item.  (In the same spirit of pottermouth's fabulous Hogwarts Handwarmers, which I'm coveting)  If you don't want that counted as such, please PM me and I'll move it ASAP.

Fabulous work everyone!  I'm about to post some Quidditch projects of my own!

OH yes!  That's what they were meant for Cheesy  I swear to bob, mommy brain is real!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Burlesque Hair
How to Do J-Rock Hair
How to Do Big Hair Right
How to Degrease Oily Hair Naturally
How to Deep Condition Curly Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...