A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 266113 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1110 on: August 08, 2012 04:34:25 PM »

Watch it this weekend, Pinkleo, the season 2 premiere is on Monday! (So excited!  It's not quite up to Buffy/angel standards yet, but it is SO much fun in its own right.  Plus, I love me my Monroe...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
tiamatfire
« Reply #1111 on: August 08, 2012 04:43:06 PM »

I'm a librarian, so i'm trained in finding the elusive information.

I've been under the weather for the past few days. The projects are awesome and you must tell me the name of the book with snowflakes. I love snowflakes, but can't crochet. Maybe I have a chance at paper flakes.

It's The Book of Paper Quilling, by Malinda Johnston!  http://www.amazon.ca/Book-Paper-Quilling-Techniques-Projects/dp/0806905999/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1344469296&sr=8-8
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1112 on: August 08, 2012 04:48:04 PM »

Paper snowflake patterns! http://www.joybx.com/entry/18084.html

I just found that one on pinterest a couple days ago. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

special_occasion
« Reply #1113 on: August 08, 2012 05:29:20 PM »

Class: Broomstick Challenge
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Eventually Much Larger Wall Quilt Block 3
Brief Description: It's an abstract Quidditch match! Ok, VERY abstract. With three brooms deftly hidden. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaandcraft
« Reply #1114 on: August 08, 2012 11:20:28 PM »

Hi everyone! I've been in the Hospital Wing for a while; I came down with a bad case of the Hippogriff Flu. I'm a lot better now though, so Madam Pomfrey let me out so I could play some Quidditch! Well, I *say* "let" ... let's not go into that.

Class: Beater Challenge
Project Name: Macrame Owl
Brief Description: I've wanted to try macrame for a long time, so this challenge was the perfect opportunity! I used 2 ply cotton thread and an old bracelet to make this purple owl. I'm not totally happy with how it turned out, but I will definitely do macrame again sometime.

Class: Chaser Challenge
Project Name: String Art
Brief Description: String Art is another technique I hadn't tried before! I used an old chopping board, metallic charcol spray paint, upholstery tacks, and red wool. I chose an ampersand because it's one of my favourite puncuation marks ^_^

Class: Broomstick Challenge
Project Name: Firebolt
Brief Description: I used Adobe Illustrator to vectorise some of my hand-lettering and apply ink effects to make this poster for the new Firebolt (well, not so new now, but you know what I mean).

Class: Seeker Challenge
Project Name: A Flutter of Snitches
Brief Description: I made these snitches from ping-pong balls, spray paint, feathers, a lot of hot glue, and a secret spell to make them fly ~_^ They're hard to get a photo of when they're all fluttering about ... I'm going to tether them to my tree this holiday season ^_^

I've really been enjoying everyone's projects! There have been so many added since I became ill that I don't think I can name all my favourites though! So I'll just say this ...

Go Slytherin! ~_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
special_occasion
« Reply #1115 on: August 08, 2012 11:58:10 PM »

lightninglisa: your crafts are great and your team spirit is even greater! Go Slytherin indeed! But quietly. Because I'm kind of hoping none of the other houses notice us sneaking up  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #1116 on: August 09, 2012 12:11:48 AM »

I've found my charity for the keeper challenge! At work, they're gathering school supplies for disadvantaged children. They're asking employees to buy 15 worth of school supplies, put them in a bag and write down if it's for a boy/girl and what age-range. The bags will be transferred to a local food bank, that will give each child a bag of school supplies. It's really near to my heart, because my foster sister used to be one of these kids (and come to think of it, when my father left my mother for a 20 years younger woman, we suddenly also were intitled to go to the food bank, which we did and it did really help us get by!) and I do remember that when she had to go back to school, she wouldn't have quite a lot of stuff during the first three, sometimes four weeks because there would only be money to buy about half the school supplies... I want to get the kid as many things as I can for that 15 budget, but that will mean that I would need to buy a bit plainer stuff. I want the kids to get some beautiful, nice things too, instead of just utilitarian, so I think I will alter some of the supplies I buy. That way, I can give them both a lot, and nice things. (If you know a South Park or Anne Geddes agenda for example costs 12 or even more, you'll get why I don't want to go that route.)

If any of you want to do something similar in your own neighbourhood, I remember that most kids did have pens and paper and a school bag, but they would be missing a compass for drawing circles, a geometry triangle, a ruler, highlighers and plenty of ring binders. I remember that we used to put several subjects in one ring binder, mainly to lessen the weight of our backpacks, but not all high school teachers agreed on this practice. I know some kids had to bundle subjects in one binder because they just didn't have any more binders, and they would often be berated by the teachers, why it wasn't their own fault, their parents just didn't have the money!

(Also, when I tried to translate geodriehoek, it told me it was a protractor, but that's incomplete. I don't know if you know these to, but this is what I mean by geometry triangle:

They're mandatory in schools over here!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Eiseldora
« Reply #1117 on: August 09, 2012 12:41:51 AM »

Update to my Chaser project

I made a skirt for my chaser project, and I just fought off a second beater to make a Chemise

I don't expect to get points for it, but I still wanted to share the finished project.

The Chemise

With the skirt I made

With a Belt I got in  a swap

I've never created a shirt successfully. I ended up using Bias tape around the neck hole, and threaded ribbons around the wrists and neck which I read was authentic.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
katara
« Reply #1118 on: August 09, 2012 02:43:04 AM »

Class: Quidditch, Chaser
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Phoenix Tears Earrings
Brief description: These earrings glint and glisten in the sun causing momentary lapses in opponents' vision giving Hufflepuff a slight advantage during Quidditch matches  Cheesy

Go Hufflepuff!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012 02:46:27 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliis
« Reply #1119 on: August 09, 2012 03:08:29 AM »

Thanks to Pinkleo's genious challenges and Eiseldora's cheering I've managed to pull up some new projects!

Challenge: Quidditch - Beater
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Beater's Bludger Raviolis
Project Page Link: Here
Brief Description: I rarely cook so I decided to give it a go and make something special for my hun. These ugly little lumps tasted marvelous!

Challenge: Quidditch - Broomstick
Project Name: Broomstick pasta for whole Quidditch team (extra broom in case one flies into Whomping Willow)
Project Page Link: No link, leftover pasta from making ravioli.
Brief Description: After gently crafting all my ravioli I had some pasta dough still left, so I decided to have some fun and play with food. I made pasta broomsticks and dried them to use later. Think they should be served with meatball Bludgers and Quaffle sauce...

Here's a little how-to:

Challenge: Quidditch - Snitch
Project Name: Time is flying - Watch that Snitch!
Project Page Link: No link..
Brief Description: I had a wristwatch where watch was attached like a charm. I really liked that watch so naturally I managed to broke that after some time... Watch still works though, so I gave it wings! It will become necklace when I find appropriate chain for it. Material is brass, I expect it'll look great against all my turquoise shirts Wink

Fly high Ravenclaw!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012 03:12:02 AM by aliis - Reason: Not a typo free post... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Road goes ever ever on...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding
Tips for Making Lemon Meringue Pie
How to Make Coca-Cola Frosting
Coca-Cola Cake Recipe
How to Make Coconut Cream Pie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...