A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 244130 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1090 on: August 08, 2012 07:32:57 AM »

Naanjte, How frustrating! Good for you for giving it a try, tho.

The challenge says to "Try something new" so I think this definitely counts toward the challenge so go ahead and post a pic if you like. A big part of crafting is the stuff we try and discover we don't like, or it doesn't work the way we want it to- that doesn't mean those crafts weren't worth-while. Professor Pinkleo will ell you whether it counts or not in the end.  It's good you tried it.
I couldn't have said it better! 

If a you are hit by a bludger and your Beater project doesn't turn out quite right, you can post a pic and still get points. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1091 on: August 08, 2012 07:40:14 AM »

..Is it okay to join while the Quidditch challenge is on? I don't want to upset any numbers or averages or anything. (Team Ravenclaw ftw!  Wink Cheesy )

I've been lurking on craftster & checking in on this thread for what seems like forever and I don't think I can hold myself back from joining in much longer.  Smiley Smiley

YES!  You can join in anytime!  And don't worry about numbers and averages, we are mainly here to craft and share. Grin  Plus you know you are going to want to earn some fabulous Quidditch badges. Wink Cool
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012 07:41:05 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

clumsy_momma
« Reply #1092 on: August 08, 2012 07:45:56 AM »

Class: Detention with Snape and/or reparo challenge, you decide.
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: the big ass blanket
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: When this challenge was first posted, I had one color done on this blanket...the cream color if you can see it. This originally started off as a (MUCH) smaller blanket that was "gently" loved by my daughter and needed some fixing up. Fixing up meaning completely taking the original blanket apart followed by re-knitting the whole thing and making it larger..although it did not need to be as large as it came out, that was strictly an accident that I just went with when I figured out how large it really was...That's what happens when your circular needle cable is only X long. The original blanket was more of a lap blanket that just covered her legs (for size reference, she is an about to be 9 Y/O) and it is now able to almost fully cover a queen-sized bed. I finally did the last CO last night and it just needs to have some ends weaved in.
Project Picture:

This is the before blankie

And the After

Class: Beater challenge
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: eggs
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I know someone has done something similar to this already, but my daughter and I had craft time a while back and since she loves faberege eggs, we decided to make our own. Once you see the pictures, it will be obvious that neither of us have done something like this before! Smiley We paper mache'd some old plastic Easter eggs and then painted once they dried.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1093 on: August 08, 2012 07:47:08 AM »

OK, so I decided to tell you all what my ideas are for the challenges/classes in an attempt to get my butt into gear! (Hope that's ok)

Keeper challenge: decorate a plate with the Chicago flag and give it to my local police station - covered in homemade cookies!

Chaser challenge: I have a half-made hoop, but my lettering got crooked, and I'm feeling disheartened. I need to just buckle down and finish it I know.

Snitch challenge: I sooo want to make a little snitch hat for my niece and nephew! (4 months and 1 month! they are so cute...) But I'm not sure how to make one quickly. I thought of crochet, but I'm terribly slow at that. Maybe a felt hat? Any ideas would be welcome for this one in particular!

DADA: A sign that says "run! the zombies are coming!" Just thought of this today, and I'm looking forward to getting the supplies for that one.

Muggle Studies: A hoop commemorating the end of House, a show I've really loved watching.

Potions: A hoop commemorating my husband flying me around in a plane, which we did for our 2nd anniversary. Likely just an outline of the plane and the date.

I've got a few thoughts brewing for the other things I'd like to complete, but maybe I should tackle this list first!! Cheesy

When is summer semester over?
Those sound like AMAZING plans!

Summer Quidditch ends August 12!
The Summer Semester will end August 31.

HPC Semester Start Dates are as follows:
FALL: September 1st
WINTER: December 1st
SPRING: March 1st
SUMMER: June 1st

Grin
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012 07:47:38 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

skatergirl1007
« Reply #1094 on: August 08, 2012 09:16:44 AM »

I can't wait untill the next summer semester!! I would love to do the fall, winter, and spring crafting times but I don't think I will have time with starting PSEO this year.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1095 on: August 08, 2012 09:59:36 AM »

I am happy to announce that the Society for the Protection of Everyone's Welfare, also know as S.P.E.W., is now open.

S.P.E.W. will be a great way to fulfill assignments because starting in the Fall, S.P.E.W. crafts will earn bonus points. Cool   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1096 on: August 08, 2012 10:03:44 AM »

I can't wait untill the next summer semester!! I would love to do the fall, winter, and spring crafting times but I don't think I will have time with starting PSEO this year.  Tongue
I completely understand.  We'll miss you during that time.  If you just happen to have time to complete one assignment during a semester, you will be counted as finishing that semester and progress in school year. 

Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #1097 on: August 08, 2012 10:35:35 AM »

Class :Keeper
House: Gryffindor
Brief Description:I decided to do the Snuggles Project - Make "Snuggies" for abandoned pets for my charity project.  I have a local animal shelter Hearts and Paws Rescue and Pet Adoption that accepts them.  I used one of their patterns from the website and made it a gryffindor theme.  I have no cats in my house to try it out with and my dog head might fit in it but that's it.  So my daughters stuffed kitty would work. I can't wait to drop it off tomorrow.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #1098 on: August 08, 2012 11:36:48 AM »

tiamatfire, did you check the links listed earlier in the thread for charities that accept mail-in donations?  It only cost me $4 to ship my crocheted squares to South Africa!

And I think we need to post that set of links people came up with somewhere...  Hey, pretty pinkleo, could we add that to the first page, maybe in the Daily Prophet?  Hang on, I'll send you the info via email... 

I might be able to do that!  It depends on how much it costs - our budget is pretty severely limited right now.  Every craft I've done so far has been 100% from stash!  I could easily make the squares, it's just mailing them that's out of reach until for sure after the challenge is over Sad  Pinkleo, can I still get credit if I make the squares before the deadline, and send them after?  I could totally provide proof that I mailed them when I can afford to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1099 on: August 08, 2012 11:40:20 AM »

Pinkleo, can I still get credit if I make the squares before the deadline, and send them after?  I could totally provide proof that I mailed them when I can afford to!

As long as you craft them before the deadline, then I'm all sorts of good.  And no need to prove you sent, I have full faith in all the HPCers. Grin

Kiss to all the Keepers!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012 11:41:17 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Decoupage Plates
How to Make a Plate
Sewing: Dealing with Lower Thread Breaking
Sewing: Ensuring Tight Stitches
How to Choose a Sewing Machine
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...