A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 253897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1080 on: August 07, 2012 07:21:11 AM »

You can totally join the HPC anytime!  Welcome SootBerry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
jenleahlynn
« Reply #1081 on: August 07, 2012 08:02:45 AM »

Class: Quidditch, Keeper
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Toiletry Bags
Description:  For my Keeper project, I am crafting for a charity that collects handmade things and bundles them up for recipients in need.  They also distribute personal care items like toothpaste, brushes, etc., and need toiletry bags for all these bits and pieces.  I made two this afternoon, and will try and get some more done over the week Smiley 

great idea. i think the black pouch with he gold zipper is very sharp.
what a creative group of people!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
skatergirl1007
« Reply #1082 on: August 07, 2012 08:12:09 AM »

Class: Beater
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: First Headband
Brief Description: I have never made a headband or any piece/type of clothing for anything other than american girls before. I have made a couple refashined tops from t-shirts though. But I thought i would try a headband. It was soo easy. And I had my child sized blue bunny (whose name is Lucky but my dad always calls Ice Cream cus he is a blue bunny) modle the headband for me.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1083 on: August 07, 2012 04:29:39 PM »

Go Slytherin!

Challenge: Beater
House: Slytherin
Project: Needle Felted owl
Notes:  I received a needle felting starter kit from a friend for my b'day (in January) and have been too intimidated to try it out until now (Thanks, Pinkleo!).  Here's a pic of the kit and my "getting ready to craft coffee" (sorry about cig butt, not mine, I didn't even notice it. ugh.):

Here's the first wee bits:

And here's the little fella all finished.  

My first needle felt turned out ok, actually.  I'm glad I finally tried it. Who knows, I may even use it to make Christmas ornament gifts.
Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012 04:31:19 PM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #1084 on: August 07, 2012 06:26:44 PM »

Sooo cute!! I LOVE the little owl!!

OK, so I decided to tell you all what my ideas are for the challenges/classes in an attempt to get my butt into gear! (Hope that's ok)

Keeper challenge: decorate a plate with the Chicago flag and give it to my local police station - covered in homemade cookies!

Chaser challenge: I have a half-made hoop, but my lettering got crooked, and I'm feeling disheartened. I need to just buckle down and finish it I know.

Snitch challenge: I sooo want to make a little snitch hat for my niece and nephew! (4 months and 1 month! they are so cute...) But I'm not sure how to make one quickly. I thought of crochet, but I'm terribly slow at that. Maybe a felt hat? Any ideas would be welcome for this one in particular!

DADA: A sign that says "run! the zombies are coming!" Just thought of this today, and I'm looking forward to getting the supplies for that one.

Muggle Studies: A hoop commemorating the end of House, a show I've really loved watching.

Potions: A hoop commemorating my husband flying me around in a plane, which we did for our 2nd anniversary. Likely just an outline of the plane and the date.

I've got a few thoughts brewing for the other things I'd like to complete, but maybe I should tackle this list first!! Cheesy

When is summer semester over?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #1085 on: August 07, 2012 07:41:00 PM »

Thanks, SiakelA!  I think the wee owl cute, too. (But I'm a bit biased, being his mother and all! haha)
I was thinking about your snitch hat: do you have knitting looms?  You could loom a baby hat in about an hour doing the simplest of methods, which ends up looking very much like garter stitch in knitting.  I think Knifty Knitter makes them. Just a thought.

I love the cookie plate idea, that's great.  I would maybe double check that one can still bring home made baked goods to a station.  In this day and age they might have put a stop to "Edibles of Unknown Origins" sadly.  But I hope not!

All your ideas all sound great!  I need to get cracking on the classwork- just like back in muggle school I've been skimping on the homework assignments! haha.  I have a few ideas, but I'm stumped on DADA. 

Also- does anyone know any Grimm themed boards?  I've been trying to search, but have been unsuccessful.  I'm looking for ideas for Christmas gifts to make for a Grimm obsessed friend (OK, and for me, too.)  Any inspiration would be swell!

Good luck with all the assignments, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
tiamatfire
« Reply #1086 on: August 07, 2012 08:23:46 PM »

Wow, everyone is just crafting like crazy!  I don't think I'm going to get to do the Keeper challenge sadly, as there's no local charities that need crafts (the humane society actually has a note begging people NOT to donate any more stuffed toys, pillows, etc.)  However I did drop of 3 bags of clothes and other items to a donation bin today so there's that at least!

Challenge: Broom
Team: Gryffindor
Project name: Swiffer cover

Right now as a busy new mom, my favourite broom is my swiffer!  I hate using the disposable wet cloths though, as they feel like such a waste.  I decided to crochet a scrubby cover for it. It's just Bernat Handicrafter cotton.  I'm going to make some simpler non-scrubby ones using old towels as well.  (Yes, I had Star Trek: Voyager on while I took pictures)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #1087 on: August 07, 2012 09:12:39 PM »

I don't have a knitting loom. I was looking up felt baby hat tutorials, and I found some easy ones. To the craft store tomorrow!

I had no idea that they might not be able to accept my cookies!! What a sad thought. I will definitely check into it first then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #1088 on: August 07, 2012 09:57:15 PM »

Also- does anyone know any Grimm themed boards?  I've been trying to search, but have been unsuccessful.  I'm looking for ideas for Christmas gifts to make for a Grimm obsessed friend (OK, and for me, too.)  Any inspiration would be swell!

Good luck with all the assignments, everyone!

There was a swap I believe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1089 on: August 08, 2012 04:59:18 AM »

tiamatfire, did you check the links listed earlier in the thread for charities that accept mail-in donations?  It only cost me $4 to ship my crocheted squares to South Africa!

And I think we need to post that set of links people came up with somewhere...  Hey, pretty pinkleo, could we add that to the first page, maybe in the Daily Prophet?  Hang on, I'll send you the info via email... 

I don't think I'm going to get to do the Keeper challenge sadly, as there's no local charities that need crafts (the humane society actually has a note begging people NOT to donate any more stuffed toys, pillows, etc.) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Avoid Helmet Hair
How to Style Bangs
How to Strip Hair Color
How to Straighten Your Hair with a Straightening Iron
Hair Scrunching Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...