A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 301,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 270950 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skatergirl1007
« Reply #1050 on: August 04, 2012 10:24:57 AM »

Eiseldora I got my pins today and I love them!!! Cheesy I will be putting them on my backpack for when school starts. Cheesy Go Hufflepuffs!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1051 on: August 04, 2012 10:29:20 AM »

House: Ravenclaw
~*Chaser (20pts): Craft something red, like a quaffle.

I never could get the hang of any Muggle sports as a child, but here's my try at being a Quidditch Chaser:

A bit of serendipity here. I recently found a broken earring someone had lost with a bunch of little lightning bolt charms on it. Unless I come across some tiny bottles ("capture lightning in a bottle"), I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
raynebeauxx
« Reply #1052 on: August 04, 2012 10:45:40 AM »

omg all of these are so amazing! Yall post so much amazing stuff so fast you cant ONLY comment on one item LOL

Thanks for helping me change my photo jennieingram!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/raynebeauxxx/

I have a facebook group that is about showing off crafts I would love anyone to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217478781664975/
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1053 on: August 04, 2012 11:03:26 AM »

Love the Scarf bookmarks wifeofbath!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1054 on: August 04, 2012 12:03:13 PM »

speaking of new avi's, decided to make a few more robes!  Feel free to swipe one if you want.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1055 on: August 04, 2012 02:34:45 PM »

:::tee, hee::: new avis!  LOVE! Kiss patty

I got my buttons today from Eiseldora! THANK YOU EISELDORA! Kiss  (squeees then clear restrictions given to my son not to swipe them, as he was eyeing them and is known for stealing borrowing my HP goodies)

dear crafty true love, adore the broom necklaces to pieces!  And huge HUGS! for the charity link and generosity!  (The Keeper challenge is my fave!  Which makes me ever so happy that our HPC goodness will spread into the SPEW Club for next semester....have I mentioned I'm excited for next semester? Wink Grin)

I am so behind on comments and pinning as I'm feel like a crafty storm for Quidditch!  Know that I am in love with all the projects!

Okay off to update scores and get back to crafting! Grin

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012 03:00:10 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rossie
« Reply #1056 on: August 04, 2012 05:31:17 PM »

Class: Quidditch, Beater
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Evil Taekwondo Trousers
Description: 

A friend asked me to help her out with a taekwondo uniform that didn't fit.  The jacket was an easy fix.  The trousers... oh the trousers.  There was no way I could re-con them so I made a new pair.  Which I tried to make as close to the original as possible - you know, hems with six lines of stitching and other nonsense.  I had to do flat felled seams.  I HATE FLAT FELLED SEAMS.  Much like pregnancy, I'd rather stick a fork in my eyeball.  And then there was the weird construction.  This is the 'new technique' that very nearly beat me.  With an ugly stick.

Instead of using a typical one piece leg, or even a standard two piece leg, these pants had an inexplicable inside leg/crotch panel.  It was weird.  And difficult to sew.  I don't know what it's called.  I don't know of any other way to explain it but using a confusing diagram:

On the right you see normal trousers.  The crotch seam meets up with the inner leg seams and they all fit together nice and flat and neat.  On the left you see the mutant taekwondo pants, in which there really isn't a crotch seam, but a sort of panel thing that substitutes for the crotch and runs all the way down both inner legs.  What.  The.    I get the purpose of it - last thing you want to do when you're kicking butt and whatever is bust a seam, but dude, you could just double stitch!     

So that's me, not exactly beaten by this new technique but certainly confused. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of fairy tale pretties:  http://summerfaire.com/
rossie
« Reply #1057 on: August 04, 2012 06:27:11 PM »

Class: Quidditch, Broomstick
Project Name: Flying Diagram Bookmark
Description:

I love bookmarks.  Especially pretty ones.  This is a flying instruction graphic I put together, printed on recycled paper and then glued to some sparkly card.  Did a bit of random stitching with the machine and silver thread, popping a few sequins here and there.  Finally, a ribbon tassel attached with a silver eye pin.  It's maaaaaaagic!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of fairy tale pretties:  http://summerfaire.com/
special_occasion
« Reply #1058 on: August 04, 2012 06:44:56 PM »

Class: Detention With Snape Challenge
Project Name: Eventually Much Larger Wall Quilt Block 2
Description: Knowing I had detention with Professor Snape I packed this:

Heaps of very, very tiny bits of fabric I'd saved for ages and planned to sew into something but had no idea what. Under Professor Snapes watchful glare I felt compelled to whip up something quick smart before he threw me out the window in frustration so I came up with a block for an eventually much larger wall quilt:

It's not perfect but that's conveniently the look I'm going for. Measuring? Straight lines? Where's the fun in that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
special_occasion
« Reply #1059 on: August 04, 2012 06:49:01 PM »

@ rossie: I guess every craftster has to face their Evil Taekwondo Trousers project at some point, it's just that yours weren't figurative. And were very funny  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Flowers with Watercolors
How to Paint with Watercolors
Watercolor Painting: How to Paint Round Objects
Watercolor Painting: How to Paint Greens
Supervillain Origins: Catwoman
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...