A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,528
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 247809 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1000 on: July 31, 2012 08:36:16 PM »

I've been thinking of trying to sew, maybe I will embrace the fear in honor of Quidditch and HP's (and JKR's) birthday today

Go Ant Bee! DOOOO IIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!! Make your house proud (even though we're rival houses, lol.) I'm going to try my embroidery project as soon as I find an image I like in honor of J.K.R's and Harry's B-day. Dunno yet if it's going to be House Pride or a snitch--- or a Broom ^^
   As a weird side note...I made my 20 year old sister do the Pottermore thing and she got a rowan 10 3/4 inch phoenix core wand. She was also sorted into Hufflepuff. She's immensely pleased that she's black and yellow (batman colors Roll Eyes ) We also watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone together Wink Part of a week long marathon I think. Such a nice day.

Thanks! I think I will.
Sounds like you had a great day, Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Eiseldora
« Reply #1001 on: July 31, 2012 08:51:12 PM »

I've been thinking of trying to sew, maybe I will embrace the fear in honor of Quidditch and HP's (and JKR's) birthday today

Go Ant Bee! DOOOO IIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!! Make your house proud (even though we're rival houses, lol.) I'm going to try my embroidery project as soon as I find an image I like in honor of J.K.R's and Harry's B-day. Dunno yet if it's going to be House Pride or a snitch--- or a Broom ^^
   As a weird side note...I made my 20 year old sister do the Pottermore thing and she got a rowan 10 3/4 inch phoenix core wand. She was also sorted into Hufflepuff. She's immensely pleased that she's black and yellow (batman colors Roll Eyes ) We also watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone together Wink Part of a week long marathon I think. Such a nice day.

Thanks! I think I will.
Sounds like you had a great day, Yay!

May I suggest that you start with a "20" minute bag. This was one of the first things I made and I now love making it. It took me 3 hours the first time, and now I can make one in one hour. Cheesy

I also have enjoyed making this "20" minute skirt which takes me about 3 hours but is so much fun to wear Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1002 on: July 31, 2012 10:33:41 PM »

My HP fanatic daughter wouldn't wear the snitch as socks , but earrings?Huh? And I have those pompoms, so what can I use as wings? Hmmmm! Gotta check my craft stash. Thanks for the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
120/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Quilt Block Swap 6 - sewing
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- starting to craft
Mug Rug Swap
special_occasion
« Reply #1003 on: August 01, 2012 04:58:12 AM »

Class: Keeper Challenge
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Fudge inspires Earrings
Brief Description: Unsure of what charity craft for I remembered I once brought some great fudge from the Country Women's Associaton so I made these earrings for them to sell.
Project Photo:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1004 on: August 01, 2012 09:10:54 AM »

So much action on the field....time for an update...

~*Quidditch Update*~

Eiseldora, who has now turned blue from her extreme Eagle Spirit, grabs the quaffle and scores for Ravenclaw.  While watching the blue blur of Eiseldora, Natasjadreams hears a buzz and turns her head to find the snitch right by her head.  After a moment of amazement, she shakes her head and goes for the grab, but then Eiseldora's quaffle smacks her in the chest.  Not wasting a moment, Natasjadreams throws that quaffle through a hoop; Ravenclaw explodes in cheers.  But look out, raynebeauxx finds herself weaving in and out of stands because an insistent bludger is chasing her; luckily she loses it in the stands and heads back to the field for more action.  The bludger then targets FiberAlchemist; she whips out her bat and sends it into the candy cart, where it lands amongst the Special Edition Bertie Botts Giant Pickle Beans.  FiberAlchemist doesn't even notice as she seizes the quaffle and scores.  pottermouth, who is on the bench trying to send a persistent phoenix back to Hagrid, decides a pickle bean might just do the trick; she grabs a bean only to uncover that darn bludger.  Luckily it sails off to find another victim.  Ravenclaw has raked in 420 points.

IsikkahJai find herself in the path of our pickle-scented bludger.  Showing off her skills in charms, she turns that bludger around.  jennieingram spies the snitch and dives to snatch it.  chughes is blushing on her broom by the "chughes is our queen" cheers and barely notices that the bewitched bludger has targeted her.  tiamatfire sees that jennieingram has abandoned the snitch and is rushing to help chughes; tiamatfire takes up the snitch pursuit.  Gryffindor's score now stand at 330 points.

skatergirl1007 soars by the Hufflepuff stands, and the crowd madly waves their yellow & black banners and screams her name.  jillybeans causes that crowd to erupt in more cheers by sending a quaffle through a hoop, scoring for the Puffs.  Hufflepuff now has 240 points.

Ant Bee arrives on the field and immediately sends a quaffle through a hoop.  rossie cheers on Ant Bee but suddenly stops as she spies the snitch darting around Ant Bee's socks.  special_occasion fills with team pride and wildly applauds her teammates from her position in front of a hoop.  Slytherin has gathered 170 points.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012 09:11:43 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #1005 on: August 01, 2012 10:05:37 AM »

I feel a bit guilty, some of my projects are super quick and simple - but with a 4-month old you're lucky some days to get a shower never mind find some time to craft or create!

Challenge: Chaser
Team: Gryffindor
Project name: Honeydukes QuidditchPower! Smoothie: Quaffle flavour

Honeydukes has been doing some research into muggle sports, and discovered that many athletes use things called "smoothies", sports drinks, and other health foods to boost their performance.  Now they're trying it out at the Quidditch Cup!  This is their "Quaffle" flavour, so called because of it's reddish colour from strawberries.  Right now they're petitioning the Quidditch Association for permission to add spells or magical ingredients, and the fan version (not allowed yet by athletes) has Billywig stings as well for extra floating power!  

It's strawberries, 1% milk, natural lime yoghurt, and a banana.  I turned the extra into popsicles!

I may expand this line...find fun things to make "bludger" and "snitch" smoothies as well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012 04:46:28 PM by tiamatfire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #1006 on: August 01, 2012 10:24:33 AM »

MMkay that Quidditch captain badge is just adorable! I might steal I mean BORROW the idea for myself  Wink That Quaffle shake looks SO YUMMY! I'd be interested in seeing how the "snitch" and "Bludger" shakes come about.

Btw, If anyone wants any Harry Potter inspired crafts to check out, I stumbled upon this website that's AWESOME! They have free patterns and tutes for almost every kind of craft! It's pretty awesome!
  http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/crafts
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012 10:48:16 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenleahlynn
« Reply #1007 on: August 01, 2012 11:06:26 AM »

your fawkes is so cute! i 'm going to be on the lookout for spontaneous fires!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #1008 on: August 01, 2012 11:44:25 AM »

Class: House Unity
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hogwarts Crest Stamp
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412229.0
Brief Description: Fun stamp that shows all the house animals.  I don't expect to know where this stamp is for long as my Potter-loving 8 year old is sure to take off with it.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #1009 on: August 01, 2012 12:44:09 PM »

Your eight year old doesn't have to take off with that stamp if you send it to ME Patty_O!  Grin It's a piece of really fantastic stamp carving craftmanship!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Changing the Basic Paragraph Style
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Organizing Elements in the Layers Palette
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Frames for Text and Graphics
Adobe InDesign CS2 - The Rectangle Tool vs. the Rectangle Frame Tool
Adobe InDesign CS2 - When Not to Turn on Allow Pages to Shuffle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...