A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,334
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 287922 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eiseldora
« Reply #980 on: July 31, 2012 02:55:31 PM »

Great job with the Transfiguration spell. The same thing happened to my uncle when he learned to crochet. He started out making one thing (A pot holder I think) and it curled into a sock and then a Doll Dress.

Quite lovely.

Way to use the Ravenclaw Wit and Defeat the Beater.

To all working on this challenge its ok for something to change while you try a new technique. You are learning, and the best inventions were discovered by mistakes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbrison
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: July 31, 2012 03:21:42 PM »

I've crocheted for years, but NEVER would have thought of turning your "oopsie" into a rat hat. Love it! There are some very good tutorials online. Don't give up on crocheting; it really is easy once you figure out a few basic stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
50/50 in 2015, 185/14, 47/13
Scrappy Happy Swap - crafting
rossie
« Reply #982 on: July 31, 2012 04:25:08 PM »

Class: Quidditch House Cup - Seeker
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Snitch Socks
Description: The perfect socks for the quidditch season.  Classic girls' white turnover socks, embellished with a snitch made from a sparkly gold pompom and metallic gold lace wings. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of fairy tale pretties:  http://summerfaire.com/
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #983 on: July 31, 2012 04:41:18 PM »

Class: Quidditch House Cup - Beater
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Home Preservation
Description:  I've been wanting to give canning a go for a while now but have never tried because I was always to afraid that it would be too difficult, too time consuming or I would mess something up and give someone (including myself) food poisoning.  Well this past weekend I pushed aside my fears and discovered it's really not that difficult or time consuming and so far no one has gotten sick (though only the jelly has been eaten).  Here are the fruits of my labor spicy dills and grape jelly!

Class: Quidditch House Cup - Chaser
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: The redwork is a lie...
Description:  I had seen some traditional redwork embroidery inline lately and fell in love with it.  So I hunted around for the perfect image to embroider.  This image, inspired by the game Portal, has been sitting in my screenshot folder for a while so I sadly I don't remember where it originally came from; but I thought it was perfect.  I absolutely love how it turned out!  Now I just have to decide if I want to leave it as a hoop or perhaps make a series of redwork blocks and make them into a quilt.

Also Happy Birthday to J.K. and Harry!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #984 on: July 31, 2012 04:47:37 PM »

I've been interested in home canning as well. Please share the resources you used to learn how to can Cheesy

I love everyone's projects Cheesy

Go Hogwarts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #985 on: July 31, 2012 05:06:54 PM »

Thanks, Eiseldora, that was really nice to say Smiley

I've been thinking of trying to sew, maybe I will embrace the fear in honor of Quidditch and HP's (and JKR's) birthday today.

This community rocks, thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: July 31, 2012 05:27:49 PM »

I've been interested in home canning as well. Please share the resources you used to learn how to can Cheesy

I've mostly used the website foodinjars.com and the book of the same name.  It focuses on small batch canning, which is perfect for me, since I just need to make enough for my husband and myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
« Reply #987 on: July 31, 2012 05:32:37 PM »

I've been thinking of trying to sew, maybe I will embrace the fear in honor of Quidditch and HP's (and JKR's) birthday today

Go Ant Bee! DOOOO IIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!! Make your house proud (even though we're rival houses, lol.) I'm going to try my embroidery project as soon as I find an image I like in honor of J.K.R's and Harry's B-day. Dunno yet if it's going to be House Pride or a snitch--- or a Broom ^^
   As a weird side note...I made my 20 year old sister do the Pottermore thing and she got a rowan 10 3/4 inch phoenix core wand. She was also sorted into Hufflepuff. She's immensely pleased that she's black and yellow (batman colors Roll Eyes ) We also watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone together Wink Part of a week long marathon I think. Such a nice day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chughes225
« Reply #988 on: July 31, 2012 05:55:34 PM »

Class (or House Pride Item): Charms
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Shell Cottage memory jar
Project Page Link:
Brief Description:
I am a huge beach fan even though I live states away from one.  So when I think of water I think the beach.  Ive been seeing these memory jars online a lot lately.  So I thought it would be fun to do a shell cottage jar.  I did a sepia colored image of shell cottage and then filled the jar with blue glass for the ocean and tan salt for the beach and a few little shells and one big one.  I really like how it turned out and I might do some more of different place in the book.
Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Beater
Project Name: Quidditch captain
Project Page Link:
Brief Description:   This is a surprise for Eiseldora who is Ravenclaws Qudditch captain.  She is making a button for me and I thought as a thank you I would make her a captain quidditch badge.  Im sending it out tomorrow, but I couldn't wait to share with you.  Ive done felt applique before but Ive never made a felt badge before. I used the movie colors because I couldnt find bronze felt.  Ive been stalking the felt badge gallery http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410196.0 for a while and I can't wait for the next round so I can join in.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #989 on: July 31, 2012 06:00:54 PM »

Class (or House Pride Item): Beater
Project Name: Quidditch captain
Project Page Link:
Brief Description:   This is a surprise for Eiseldora who is Ravenclaws Qudditch captain.  She is making a button for me and I thought as a thank you I would make her a captain quidditch badge.  Im sending it out tomorrow, but I couldn't wait to share with you.  Ive done felt applique before but Ive never made a felt badge before. I used the movie colors because I couldnt find bronze felt.  Ive been stalking the felt badge gallery http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410196.0 for a while and I can't wait for the next round so I can join in.
Project Picture:

Ah how sweet of you Cheesy

I put everyone's pins in the mail today. The postal lady was a bit cross at me for not wrapping them in bubble wrap so I got myself a Starbucks and used the coffee sleeve and napkins to wrap the buttons. A little surprise I guess Cheesy I hope all enjoy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 5/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 1/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 8/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 7/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 6/11
Latest Blog Articles
I Scream, You Scream...
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...