A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 248187 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #950 on: July 30, 2012 04:19:06 PM »

Class:~*Seeker
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Snitch Patch
Description: I've been making Teesha Moore style journals for quite a while now, usually with pagan, nature, and wedding themes. I've only done one bag, but I promised my lovely spouse an HP bag. Might be done for Yule. LOL. Anyhow, here is my snitch patch, done on old fantasy fabric I had from the 90s. I think that just may be Dumbledore there in the corner. He better watch out, because I'm zooming in to grab that snitch!
The snitch is made with a gold bell and 2 silver wing charms. There are pearly short bugle beads around the sun in the left corner, and random dots of the beads coming out from there. The scan was a bit blurry in that corner because the bell held the patch out from the scanner bed.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012 04:21:48 PM by Icekibby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #951 on: July 30, 2012 04:39:32 PM »

Icekibby- that patch is fab! It's like a hogwarts portrait with Dumbledore moving out of the frame- so cool!
I also wouldn't have thought of using a bell for the snitch, but I love it... and I have about a million of them around here somewhere.  You;'ve just inspired some snitch-rific crafting in this neck of the woods.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
rossie
« Reply #952 on: July 30, 2012 04:58:01 PM »

Having had a looooong absence with a steamroller of an illness, I am clawing my way back to normality - beginning with Quidditch!

Class: Quidditch House Cup - Chaser
Project Name: Sports Day Hair Pretty
Description:  In RL, my 8 year old is in a certain school house for sports events.  Their colour is red.  For some house pride of her own, I made a quick, simple hair accessory that has enough bling to catch the eye without being obnoxious.  It's a fabric covered button embellished with red sequins and gold thread, wreathed in pleated ribbons.  A couple of quick stitches secure it to an elastic hair tie.  Clips get lost too easily!

The girls like them so much I will probably have to make a few more.  There were arguments about who got to wear it this morning. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of fairy tale pretties:  http://summerfaire.com/
rossie
« Reply #953 on: July 30, 2012 05:12:34 PM »

Class: Reducio Challenge
Project Name: Tiny bakery Yummies

Brief Description: These little delights are made of marzipan.  The largest piece is the loaf of bread up the back, which is about 3cm long.  The jam drops up front are less than a cm across. 

They are for a a cake for my mum, who works at a bakery and is having a big promotion display.  There are miniature croissants, bread rolls, baguettes, custard tarts, iced donuts, cinnamon donuts, lamingtons, iced finger buns, lamington roll and jam sponge roll, bread, cob loaves, jam drop biscuits (cookies) and cupcakes. My favourite are the lamingtons cause they smell amazing. 

The breads are dusted with cinnamon to give a nice brown colour.  All the lamingtons are rolled in cocoa then dessicated coconut.  The other colours are just ordinary food colouring kneaded into the marzipan.   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #954 on: July 30, 2012 05:17:32 PM »

Yay another Gryffindor!   jenleahlynn you made a beautiful snitch.
ditto cheer!  YAY!  And welcome to Gryffindor! Cool

Y'all have been busy.....love it! Grin
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012 05:17:50 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rossie
« Reply #955 on: July 30, 2012 05:50:29 PM »

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Oreo Dubloons
Brief Description: I turned mini oreo cookies into gold dubloons to decorate pirate party cupcakes!  Nomnomnom...  I just sprayed them with PME Edible Lustre Spray (Gold).  I was in a hurry so there isn't perfect coverage, but if you took a little time you could get some serious shiny money cookies.  (And yes, the chocolate cupcakes are frosted with Nutella.  Straight outta the jar, baby!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #956 on: July 30, 2012 05:55:45 PM »

~*Quidditch Update*~

As Natasjadreams' fans blow on whistles cheering her magnificent beater skills, raynebeauxx and Eiseldora spy the snitch and score!  Eiseldora celebrates by throwing her hat into the stands toward the Ravenclaw fans.  Eagles excited with their score of 250!

Just as jennieingram sends a quaffle through a hoop, she finds herself in the path of our troublesome bludger, but she shows off her fine beater skills and sends that bludger spinning across the field.  jenleahlynn enters the fray and immediately sees a gleam of gold.  Lions loudly roar for their score of 220!

As jennieingram bats away a bludger, patty_o_furniture seizes the quaffle and scores for Hufflepuff!  Badgers beam for the fab score of 190!

Icekibby sails onto the quidditch field and heads right for the snitch.  Meanwhile, rossie grabs the quaffle a scores.  Snakes celebrate their score of 80!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012 06:00:43 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #957 on: July 30, 2012 05:56:52 PM »

Challenge: Quidditch- Chaser Challenge (Something Red)
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Eyeglass case recover
Brief Description: Had a broken yucky eye-glass case that bothered me because it was yucky and because it said "Walmart" on the inside which, isn't bad necessarily, but it also isn't cute christmas dogs wearing antlers!
(I would have gone for plain red fabric, but alas I had none.)

Project Picture:

Before:

After:

(Professor, the pics worked!) Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012 06:07:03 PM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #958 on: July 30, 2012 08:03:41 PM »

Class (or House Pride Item): Reducio Challenge
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Shrunken Owl
Brief Description:
While helping Professor McGonagall with the acceptance letters for this fall, I heard a crash from the other room followed by a loud squeaking hoot! I ran to investigate and my silly owl Archemedes had knocked over a Shrinking Solution and managed to drench himself! Well, I couldn't rightly delay Quinn's letter just because of that, so I figured this would be a good time to practice my Reducio Charm on the parchment. Being a good sport, Archemedes headed right out with the letter, and no worries, but the time he came back he was rightly sized again.
Project Picture:

My little troublemaker! Smiley I used white suede for his body, and wool thread called Snow Melt from Dragonflylotus Designs for his outline. It's a really pretty mottled grey color.

My shrunken letter. I use vanilla extract to get the color right. There's a sewing needle for size reference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #959 on: July 30, 2012 08:06:33 PM »

Rossie, those cupcakes look amazing!!! I never thought about doing food for transfiguration, you have definitely given a new spark of creativity. I was very stuck on that subject!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cruffins Are the Hottest New Food Trend
Baked Alaska With Gordon Ramsay
Kids Cook: Chocolate Chip Cookies
How to Make Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
How to Make Lemon Meringue Pie Shots
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...