A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 239628 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chughes225
« Reply #920 on: July 28, 2012 06:26:23 PM »

Class: Seeker
House: GRYFFINDOR
Project name:  Can you catch me?
Project link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412069.0
I decided to do a felt applique hoop for my wall. I love the simplicity of the shapes.

Class: Chaser
Project name:Can you hear Molly's voice
Project link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412058.0
For something red I always loved the howler. Its one of my favorite parts in the book and the movie makes it even better. I can picture my mom sending me a lot of them.  I was a bad kid.  So I thought it would be great to make earrings out of them.  They are polymer clay and super fun to wear.

Class: Broomstick
Project name: HP christmas
Project link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412058.0
If you know me then you know I kind of go over board with Christmas trees.  I think Im at 17trees.  Well one of my favorites is my Harry Potter tree.  So I thought this challenge would be perfect for me to start making ornaments.  I made these broom with polymer clay and then painted them up. Whipped up some quick hooks and they will look great this year on my tree.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012 12:48:31 PM by chughes225 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #921 on: July 28, 2012 07:44:37 PM »

chughes, I love the hoopla and the ornaments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
special_occasion
« Reply #922 on: July 28, 2012 08:24:50 PM »

Class: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Raindrop Pendant
Brief Description: It was raining outside so I whipped out my wand to turn those raindrops into something less dreary than just bits of wet. 
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
Project Name: Wreath
Brief Description: As interesting as learning about wands is, I wanted to use those wand trees to make something else so a wreath it was. The green behind the embellishments are metallic balloons stitched and glued.
Project Picture:

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Sherlock Coin Purse
Brief Description: For a muggle I know who loves the BBC Sherlock Holmes, a quote from the show: "look at you lot, you're all so vacant, is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing"
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
special_occasion
« Reply #923 on: July 28, 2012 09:26:40 PM »

Class: Seeker Challenge
Project Name: Golden Snitch
Brief Description: *sneak attack* I caught the snitch  Wink  
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012 09:29:28 PM by special_occasion » THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #924 on: July 28, 2012 10:22:19 PM »

GO GRYFFINDOR!! *rooooaaarrrr!*

Dearest Headmistress Pinkleo,

Due to the fact that I am only a half-blood witch I have spend the summer with my muggle family and have only been keeping tabs on summer activities through OWL delivered letters from friends and challenge updates through the Daily Prophet (HP thread). I hope that I may be still be a cheerleader for my house *GO GRYFFINDOR!* and ease my way back into "assignments" with some "light reading."
         *Plunks down ancient sewing machine with a THUD and starts pulling out masses of fabrics* -puts on Hermione-esque determined face-
  I am excited for the Autumn Semester and have queued up some fantastic spells to help us win the House Cup!
                     With sincerest gratitude for keeping the Hogwarts Summer semester wonderful and creative,
                                               Isi (Jessica)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012 10:23:09 PM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
special_occasion
« Reply #925 on: July 28, 2012 10:40:37 PM »

Class: Chaser Challenge
Project Name: Almost Spherical
Brief Description: I've never tried to bead something dimensional before so I thought it was time I did. A keyring as part of a Christmas present.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliis
« Reply #926 on: July 29, 2012 12:11:43 AM »

Dear professor Pinkleo,

First I need to send late congratulations for your birthday (125 was it?). I had spend some time countryside at my family's farm and our stooopid owl can't find its way anywhere from here...

I have few questions about current challence: does projects made earlier count in because my OTHPT3 would be perfect for this? Also I have been knitting my Ravenclaw scarf all summer and there's still some stripes to go...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Road goes ever ever on...
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #927 on: July 29, 2012 03:03:46 AM »

Follow the Spiders

House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Color-Changing Signature Stamp
Brief Description: This stamp was carved from a piece of the magical rubber tree for a wonderful witchy friend of mine! The stamp is bewitched to leave its mark in whichever color she chooses so she can sign all of her important scrolls, creations, etc with style. (Can you guess her Craftster username?)
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012 03:04:48 AM by hgddm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #928 on: July 29, 2012 07:48:02 AM »

GO GRYFFINDOR!! *rooooaaarrrr!*

Dearest Headmistress Pinkleo,

Due to the fact that I am only a half-blood witch I have spend the summer with my muggle family and have only been keeping tabs on summer activities through OWL delivered letters from friends and challenge updates through the Daily Prophet (HP thread). I hope that I may be still be a cheerleader for my house *GO GRYFFINDOR!* and ease my way back into "assignments" with some "light reading."
         *Plunks down ancient sewing machine with a THUD and starts pulling out masses of fabrics* -puts on Hermione-esque determined face-
  I am excited for the Autumn Semester and have queued up some fantastic spells to help us win the House Cup!
                     With sincerest gratitude for keeping the Hogwarts Summer semester wonderful and creative,
                                               Isi (Jessica)
ROAR!  Gryfinndors cheer the arrival of Isi!  And Professor pinkleo can't wait to see your crafty magic skills.  Send an owl either by PM to pinkleo or a post in this thread if you have any questions.  HAVE FUN!

Dear professor Pinkleo,

First I need to send late congratulations for your birthday (125 was it?). I had spend some time countryside at my family's farm and our stooopid owl can't find its way anywhere from here...

I have few questions about current challence: does projects made earlier count in because my OTHPT3 would be perfect for this? Also I have been knitting my Ravenclaw scarf all summer and there's still some stripes to go...
Why thank you aliis Kiss (139 actually Wink). 

To answer your inquiry, quidditch projects need to be made during the timeline of July 27-August 12.  Note: Only Portkey & Quidditch have small timeline, all other challenges and assignments are open.  HPC Summer projects only have to be made during this semester.  In the Fall, there will be the option and reward to earn OWLs/NEWTs (and lots of house points) for more time-consuming projects (and once OWL/NEWT plans are submitted you may carry them over to the next semester if need be).  Your OTHPT does qualify for the Reducio Challenge.  Oh and please post your Ravenclaw scarf, it can go under House Pride/Spirit or if you like to have a bit of motivation in getting it done then I suggest you take it to Detention
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #929 on: July 29, 2012 08:13:15 AM »

~*Quidditch Update*~

A bludger dives toward Eiseldora, but she skillfully maneuvers her broomstick out of the way.  The blasted bludger then aims for pottermouth, but faster than seemingly possible, she whips out her bat and knocks the bludger away. Ravenclaw has now raked in 170 points.

patty_o_furniture, full of Puff Pride, finds herself chased by the bludger, but with a swing of her bat she sends that iron ball clear across the field.  Hufflepuff score 170 points.  

chughes spots the snitch, but with quaffle in hand she heads towards the hoops, amazingly flying no-handed so she can keep an eye out for that troublesome bludger, and scores!  Gryffindor now has 160 points.

special_occasion arrives on the field for Slytherin and immediately heads for the snitch.  She then finds herself behind the hoop where chughes makes her score.  A quaffle is headed right towards her head, but with quick reflexes, special_occasion catches the quaffle and scores for Slytherin.  Slytherin is now on the board with 40 points.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012 02:42:14 PM by pinkleo - Reason: updated scores since pre-coffee addition a little off :P » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Navigate the Workspace in Adobe After Effects Lesson 2
How to Navigate the Workspace in Adobe After Effects Lesson 1
How to Create a Title Screen with After Effects
How to Create a Title Screen in After Effects
How to Create a Title Screen With After Effects Lesson 1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...