A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
795 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 219571 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

♥ birds ♥

Ravenclaw!

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 22, 2012 07:12:43 PM »

Class:  Portkey Challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name:  Leaf Key
Brief Description: I was thinking about what I should make for a portkey and I wanted to make something that muggles would overlook or not see.  So I crocheted a leaf in the hopes that if I hung it among some foliage that they would think it belonged there and so would not disturb it.    Smiley

At a nearby muggle industrial/commercial property.

A better view so you can see the actual leaf shape.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012 07:13:57 PM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara

Where o' where can my scissors be??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #861 on: July 23, 2012 01:02:14 AM »

Class: Portkey Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Ojo de Dios (God's eye)

Brief Description: For my Portkey I decided to weave a "A God's eye" from special yarn that is invisible to muggles Wink I thought it would be a perfect portkey as it's regarded as a magical object and the four points represent the elemental processes earth, fire, air, and water - perfect for opening a travel port!  Cheesy

Project Picture:

Close-up:

More pics:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012 06:34:01 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #862 on: July 23, 2012 10:44:48 PM »

Class (or House Pride Item): *Follow the Spiders*
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Flags
Brief Description: This week I decided to provide markers, sticks and papers for teens to create flags. Ideally they would create country flags for the Olympics, but they decided to take it in a different direction. We had a battle between red mushroom and green mushroom joined by Pokmon on one side and an army of minecraft creepers on the other. Each creature was represented by a flag and the verbal battles were hilarious. I decided to go off target as well and make a spider flag for the HP challenge. Below is a picture of all the flags I made with the teens.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #863 on: July 24, 2012 06:37:43 AM »

Challenge: Portkey
House:Gryffindor
Project Name: London Calling Charm Bracelet
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=411886.0
Brief Description: Between the talk of the summer Olympics, and all the BBC shows (ie. tons of Doctor Who) I watch, I've been longing for a trip to London.  Wait, this is the perfect reason to enchant a portkey!

Project Picture...  What, can't find the portkey? 

Oh, here it is!  Draped around a wing of the Paper Crane sculpture on the WKU campus!  The Muggles will never notice, but the other witches and wizards traveling to the Quidditch World Cup should all be able to find the location easily!  (Plus, isn't this just a lovely work of art?)

The portkey is my latest charm bracelet, which I've affectionately named my "London Calling" bracelet.  The charms are a mix of Tibetan silver, pewter, and enamel and include a crown, postcard, 3 enamel Union Jacks, an enamel double decker bus, a teacup & kettle, royal mail stamp, Underground sign, suitcase, pewter bus, red phone booth and a rose.

The beads are a mix of Czech glass, crystal, acrylic, and jade beads in shades of blue, white and red.  (The acrylic ones are flocked velvet from Ms. pinkleo!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
special_occasion
« Reply #864 on: July 25, 2012 12:42:26 AM »

I really like all the port keys people are coming up with! Beautiful! I have no idea what I'm going to do for mine but I'll keep thinking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #865 on: July 25, 2012 08:55:40 AM »

Class: Knight Bus
Project Name: Bridesmaid Pillow
Brief Description: Got this dress at my brother's wedding last year.  It looked very *shifty eyes* beautiful on me LOL.  But didn't want to throw it away so it's been in my closet waiting for the day I could dismember it.  I've always thought pillow, but never knew where to put it.  We found an art piece that will go in our master bedroom that has a deep purple as one of the colors, so pillow was finally made up. 
~But before it's put to its finally resting place on the bed, it'll make a few trips on the Knight Bus as my cushion.  Once the hidden recorder is full, it will be taken out (you don't want playback of husbands snoring) and given to the Ministry.
Project Picture:

Class: Reparo
Project Name: Spy Bag Fix
Brief Description:  Made this I Spy Bag with light styrofoam beads instead of the classic polypellets thinking I'd give it to a toddler and they could carry it easier.  But in the end, all the little toys just fell to the back of the bag and you could never move the bag enough to find the items.  It's stayed in the pile for months and finally decided to break open the seam and refill it. ~ I never knew it was so hard to break open that particular seam I sewed up!  I knew I sewed it hard to keep the toys in, but I never imagined it would be that stuck closed!  But in the end it got reparo-d.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

special_occasion
« Reply #866 on: July 25, 2012 05:18:18 PM »

@patty_o_furniture: that dress was just meant to be a cushion, good save! And I have to remember the spy bag idea when Christmas comes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chughes225

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #867 on: July 25, 2012 07:06:49 PM »

I haven't been able to post things in a while I've been super busy with vbs, but that is now over I can post my portkey.

Challenge: Portkey
House:Gryffindor
Project Name:
  Since I'll be returning to Hogwarts in the fall and my mother, who is a wonderful witch doesn't like to apparate and Hogwarts is to far for a broom ride the Ministry gave me permission to make a portkey for my mom to be able to visit.  She has a beautiful pond outside so we thought we would keep it there, but we don't want any muggles to pick it up so I wanted it to blend in. So I made a rock...
Project Picture:

I used polymer clay around aluminum foil and the carved a crest into the clay.  Painted it so it would blend in when its flipped over. 

Now she can come visit anytime.  She so excited to have this little bit of Hogwarts around her pond. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #868 on: July 25, 2012 08:18:41 PM »

Your rock rocks! Sorry, had to say it...but it really does!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

special_occasion
« Reply #869 on: July 25, 2012 10:33:05 PM »

Your rock rocks! Sorry, had to say it...but it really does!

*giggles*

@chughes225: fantastic, no muggle would suspect it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Plate a Romantic Dinner for Two
Learn how to Make Tzatziki Sauce for a Romantic Dinner
Learn how to Make Lamb Chops for a Romantic Dinner
Learn How to Make Sweet Potato Puree for a Romantic Dinner
Learn how to Make Lamb Chop Marinade for a Romantic Dinner
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...