A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 246807 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eiseldora
« Reply #830 on: July 18, 2012 11:47:47 PM »

Class:*Detention with Snape*
Project Name: Summer Skirt
Project Page Link: Tutorial
Previous Skirt I made for swap
Brief Description: I wanted to make some summery skirts to wear. Something that would be knee length. I found a pattern for a skirt, and used it to make an item for the Sew Summery Swap. When I made the skirt I also bought fabric to make myself 4 skirts. Today I made a skirt for myself.  I have made two other for myself, but I don't seem to have pictures. I still have fabric for 2 more skirts.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #831 on: July 18, 2012 11:52:45 PM »

Class:Muggle Studies
Project Name: Serenity
Project Page Link: Tardis Stencil I made in program
Brief Description:I've recently learned about stenciling. I used freezer stencils before, but on Monday I taught a group of teens how to make stencils using office supplies. They used Manilla File Folders, but I used plastic folders to make a Tardis and started to cut out the Serenity ship. I finished cutting it out today, and stenciled two shirts. One for my husband and one for myself.
Project Picture:
Shirt for DH Dried Shirt for me  
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012 11:54:30 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
katara
« Reply #832 on: July 19, 2012 02:46:14 AM »

Class (or House Pride Item): Herbology
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: The Green Man
Brief Description: I made an Oak Green Man Ornament out of air dry clay. I painted it with acrylics.
"A Green Man is a sculpture, drawing, or other representation of a face surrounded by or made from leaves. Branches or vines may sprout from the nose, mouth, nostrils or other parts of the face and these shoots may bear flowers or fruit. Commonly used as a decorative architectural ornament, Green Men are frequently found on carvings in churches and other buildings".

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #833 on: July 19, 2012 03:07:05 AM »

Class (or House Pride Item): Astronomy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Sunshine!
Brief Description: Lately I've been studying a common middle-sized yellow star which scientists have named Sol. I've discovered that it has enormous transfiguration power too! It can transform a dead seed into a living growing plant! Sol, has become my Magical Muse  Cheesy.

Project Picture:

I made some ornaments

and decorated a wooden spoon

THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #834 on: July 19, 2012 03:49:20 AM »

@patty_o_furniture: The Penny Bracelet Port Key is great!!

@pottermouth: That 70's smock is so pretty! Fab embroidery work Smiley

@skier3439: You did an awesome job on that House Elf! My name suggestion for him is Oswald

@Eiseldora: That skirt looks so light and airy. Perfect for summer Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #835 on: July 19, 2012 05:27:28 AM »

Great job on the Serenity shirt.  I love the firefly series. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #836 on: July 19, 2012 02:48:26 PM »

So I've been crafting up a storm and slacking majorly on taking pictures.  So today I made a point to get everything in order, get pictures taken and post them.  So this post might be a tad bit on the long side.  Embarrassed

Class (or House Pride Item): Transfiguration
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Starburst Mirror
Brief Description: I found a bunch of leftover shims in my garage and took inspiration from the internet and needing something on my living room wall and created a starburst mirror.  I sanded the shims just to take the rough edges off, stained them and glued them to a wooden disk then glued a mirror to the front.

Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Potions
Project Name: Scrabble Pillows
Brief Description: Being a Type-A, high strung person I have a hard time relaxing.  So I decided to make a set of pillows for my bed that will help me remember to slow down and take time to relax.  I made the cases out of tan muslin and stenciled the letters with their Scrabble point value on the front.

Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Muggle Studies
Project Name: I Wear the Cheese
Brief Description: One of my favorite muggle television programs is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  This is a quotation from the last episode of season 4 called Restless.  All of the main characters have dreams and the "cheese man" is a reoccurring character in each of their dreams and this is one of the things he says in the episode.

Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): DADA
Project Name: No one ever suspects the butterfly....
Brief Description: I have an irrational fear of butterflies and moths.  I've had it for as long as I can remember (and according to my mom from even before I can remember) and when I saw that Bart Simpson wanted to come back in his next life as a butterfly; because "No one ever suspects the butterfly" I completely agreed.  I stitched this up and tried out the new Sharpie fabric pens to fill in the color.

Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Detention with Snape
Project Name: Quilts
Brief Description:  I had a stack of quilt tops folded up in a chair that needed to be finished.  These are the three that I sandwiched, quilted and bound for my detention.  Snape seemed pleased.

Project Picture:

Class (or House Pride Item): Reducio
Project Name: Draco's Tiny Trunk
Brief Description: I created this miniature Hogwarts trunk for MadHattah for the One Tiny Harry Potter Thing Swap.  It has a set of polymer clay textbooks, a cauldron, an owl, a wand, chocolate frog and Bertie Botts Beans, a snitch and a set of robes and knitted scarf in Slytherin colors.

Project Picture:

So if you're still reading this thanks.  Cheesy  I do have my portkey finished and plan to take it out for pictures tomorrow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #837 on: July 19, 2012 02:56:14 PM »

haha, love the Bart Butterfly.  Knew exactly which episode it came from right away. 
...Dang.  Bart Butterfly is what I should have done my DADA on! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #838 on: July 19, 2012 04:10:08 PM »

FiberAlchemist- your Starburst Mirror is fab. I think I am going to steal your idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #839 on: July 19, 2012 04:17:45 PM »

Class: Potions
Project Name: Inspiration Board
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I found a cork board at a thrift shop and knew I could use it to help me remember stuff I have to do...or for crafts I want to make. It is painted with acrylic paint and glittery sealant and I used a paint pen to freehand a quote from JK Rowling. I haven't decided on what to paint on the perimeter of the board. Maybe the house colours?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...