A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 264413 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eiseldora
« Reply #730 on: July 07, 2012 12:08:29 AM »

Class : Portkey
Project Name: Cant Stop the Signal
Brief Description: I attended a Fourth of July Celebration, and while at the gathering I knitted a hat and placed it in the park for usage as a Portkey for the Quidditch Summer Olympics. I'm hopping with all the muggle explosions they were distracted from my placement.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #731 on: July 07, 2012 02:17:17 AM »

I've been trying to figure out how to include the fibinacci number in a craft for a while. My husband being a geek decided to help me.
As I was making a face mask he pointed out that the ingredients and times seemed like the sequence. When I looked it up he was right. so I thought I'd post.

Class (or House Pride Item):
Project Name: Lavender/Basil Face steam and sugar Scrub
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, techniques used, and any fun tips)

1 Handful Basil leaves
2 Cups Water,
3 drops lavendar essential oil,
Boil for 5 mins,
Steam Face for 8 mins
Apply Baking Soda and Sugar paste (another start of a sequence) and let dry for 13mins
Wipe face with Cold Water and washcloth

Paste:
1 tablespoon Baking Soda
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Water

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
chughes225
« Reply #732 on: July 07, 2012 03:59:59 AM »

I love the jayne hat! A man walks down the street in a hat like that people know hes not afraid of aything  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trifle
« Reply #733 on: July 07, 2012 09:22:35 AM »

@lightninglisa, thanks. I wanted to be able to bend them in different ways, and attach him to various objects around the house. The pipe-cleaners aren't super convenient, but they are the best I could come up with (so far).

@jennieingram, these bottles are inspiring! I have been underestimating beads Sad

I am very psyched about a project I have, hopefully I'll finish it this weekend, it's something I've wanted for a very long time Smiley Keep your fingers crossed!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #734 on: July 07, 2012 10:52:17 AM »

Challenge:  Reducio
Project Name:Hogwart Students against Voldermore Game
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=411107.0

While packing for holiday I realized we needed some form of entertainment and what better entertainment than my limited edition HSAV (Hogwart Students Against Voldemore) Game. which I promptly reduced to fit in my luggage.

Recently the Wizards council passed a mandate limiting the amount of luggage wizards are allowed to travel with, due to overzealous wizards packing far too much- especially while traveling by broom.

Many Wizards have been neglectful in properly securing their luggage. as a result these wizards have been "losing" their luggage during flight over  muggle villages- Muggles seeing these falling suitcases starting calling muggle authorities which caused quite an uproar. When Authorities inspected these abandoned suitcases and bags they found  magical items mixed in with the clothing.

After many of these occurrences muggle authorities formed a committee to investigate these magical items, You can imagine the panic this caused in the wizarding world, in order to prevent magic from being revealed the council worked over time cast memory erasing spells over the villages and newly formed muggle committee. Resulting in more stringent travel laws.

Because of this classes for reducing spells have become quite popular.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #735 on: July 07, 2012 11:03:00 AM »

Teag, I saw this on the ott hp gallery. My husband being a game designer I'm quite curious how you made the game. Are there original rules to the game or is it just new pieces for a classic game.

Looks great Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raynebeauxx
« Reply #736 on: July 07, 2012 11:13:43 AM »

Everyone has been doing so amazing I wish I had more  time to make some hp stuff Ive been moving :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/raynebeauxxx/

I have a facebook group that is about showing off crafts I would love anyone to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217478781664975/
skatergirl1007
« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2012 11:58:09 AM »

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: A non-sparkly Vampire
Brief Description: My dad got that Abraham Lincon Vimpire Hunter book and I read it. It was really good. I found the vimpires in the book interesting, with them being able to go into the sun after building up some resistonce to it. I used a bit of this towle I had used to make an embroidery for my brother. I then painted all on the features onto him. Right now I am calling him Count Paintula. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AugustBell
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #738 on: July 07, 2012 12:16:49 PM »

Class: Transfiguration
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Weekly Menu Board
Brief Description: Saw this on Pinterest and had to have one. I used an old cookie sheet and cocoa boxes.

Class: House Unity
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Hogwarts/HP Mug
Brief Description: My friends and I went to a paint your own pottery place and I painted this mug. I was inspired by a mug I saw on Etsy for the design.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #739 on: July 07, 2012 12:41:40 PM »

Teag, I saw this on the ott hp gallery. My husband being a game designer I'm quite curious how you made the game. Are there original rules to the game or is it just new pieces for a classic game.

Looks great Cheesy
  The rules are all mine- But playing games most of my life I am probably highly inspired

The board was hand drawn, colored and painted by me The pieces were created with a variety of materials- Polymers for some shrink plastic, wood, glue, fabric etc- The cards were designed by me- the potions and spells are from the book and movies -

Loving Harry Potter it was inspiring to create this original game
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Structure Annotation Crop Region
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Yes No Parameter to Control Visibility
CADclip REVIT House Kit 2008
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Convert to Surface
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Animation Recording
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...