A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 220400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katara

Where o' where can my scissors be??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #680 on: July 02, 2012 06:56:17 AM »

jennieingram - The charm bracelet is stunning!

PROJECT SUBMISSION:
Class: Arithmancy
House:HufflePuff
Project Name: 'Keeping Cool' Place Keeper

Brief Description:
 I made a beaded Place Keeper strung in the Fibonacci sequence: 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89 (I alternated white and blue beads).

*This project was inspired by Solitaire's Phoenix Tears Book Thong which I really like a lot!

Project Picture:

I had to look-up the Fibonacci sequence in my 'Arithmancy Textbook' because I didn't know what it was!  Shocked I guess I should pay more attention in Arithmancy class instead of daydreaming  Roll Eyes Just to ensure that in any future states of absentmindedness I don't forget the sequence, I entwined the Fibonacci sequence into my 'Place Keeper'. I also got this book from the library and it kept "Catching Fire" so I used a beginner spell to turn water droplets into 'never-melting-ice crystals' to balance things out. They do say prevention is better than cure! Don't want Hogwarts burning down, now do we??
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012 06:59:40 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #681 on: July 02, 2012 07:43:47 AM »

my reason number...it's counting how many projects we have posted in the Summer HPC...133!! Shocked

Seventeen days later, we're up another 41 projects! That's just under 2,5 new projects posted every day. It means we're at a total of 174 unique projects. Allow me to add on project #175, since my swap partner has now received.

Class: CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Shopping bag of requirement

Brief Description:
For aliis's THPT, she hoped to get something embroidered that was also useful. I got her an enchanted shopping bag the size of a package of tissues, which safely attached to a key chain, so you'll never forget to bring it along. As required, the bag will enlarge itself to fit all summoned books, bits and craft supplies that need to be transported. In it's enlarged state, you can admire a magnificient hippogriff soaring through the bright blue sky. When the contents of the bag have been tidied away, the bag will resume it's original dimensions.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #682 on: July 02, 2012 09:59:29 AM »

katara: lovely book thong!  I love the colors and the wondrous use of the Fibonacci sequence.

Naantje: fabulous Reducio & Engorio spellwork!  And that hippogriff is absolutely stunning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #683 on: July 02, 2012 11:46:23 AM »

~*Challenge Closed*~
~*Portkey*~

Quidditch has been scheduled to coincide with the muggle Summer Olympics.  Many of us will be traveling to this event in July.  Since numerous brooms taking the skies will most certainly be noticed by muggles and apparition is not allowed due to the guards in place around the venue, we must use portkeys to travel. 

Your job is to craft yourself a portkey; it can be anything you desire.  Also, you must submit a picture of your portkey in a location near your home so that it can be registered for the event. (This location must be no more than 50 miles away and must not be inside your home.)

Portkeys must be submitted for registration by Thursday, July 26, 2012.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012 07:01:32 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

flower
« Reply #684 on: July 02, 2012 11:55:34 AM »

A portkey!  I'm so excited.  Off to brainstorm....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flower
« Reply #685 on: July 02, 2012 12:15:24 PM »

I made these for my neice and two nephews
Class (or House Pride Item): Care of Magical Creatures
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Candy-cute Monster Book of Monsters
Brief Description: Craft felt base, needle felted fiber from my stash, replaceable notepad inside
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

varifiresis
« Reply #686 on: July 02, 2012 12:39:17 PM »

Class/Challenge: Detention with Snape
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Rita Skeeter Pendant

As I am more than a bit tardy joining in this semester it seems only fair to start off in Detention. I have quite a few unfinished projects laying around so I knew this Challenge was perfect for me! Last year I made a Harry Potter themed charm bracelet for my mom's birthday and I came up with the idea when I found a package with a  pre made tiny polymer clay bug on clearance at the craft store. I wasn't thrilled with the obviously fake bright colors (orange, yellow, and green), so I painted it with a coat of black nail polish on the body then added an iridescent polish to the wings, which looked surprisingly realistic and made it look more like a part of a bug collection than the whimsical charm I was aiming for. To help identify her as Rita I added a small piece from a feather boa trimmed into a tiny quill shape that I colored with a green sharpie to make her Quick Quotes Quill. Although the quill helped I still was unhappy with the overall effect, it seemed unbalanced somehow so I left it off the bracelet and ended up putting it away intending to empty it and reuse the vial someday, and I forgot all about it. A few days ago when I was going through my jewelry scraps I found it again and I knew right away what it had been missing- a copy of the Daily Prophet!   Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

flower
« Reply #687 on: July 02, 2012 12:42:00 PM »

Those potion pendants are so cool!  Nice job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #688 on: July 02, 2012 12:53:34 PM »

That portkey challenge shouts out "YARN BOMB" to me! But yarn bombing a seat on the swings out back wouldn't be very safe for those muggle children, now would it? I'll need to think of something safer.

In the mean time, let me share this google-map with you. On this map, you will see 2 circles of a 50 mile radius from my current home and from my previous home. Once you've seen the map, you will understand why I think 50 miles is NOT, in fact, near my home. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #689 on: July 02, 2012 01:04:42 PM »

That portkey challenge shouts out "YARN BOMB" to me! But yarn bombing a seat on the swings out back wouldn't be very safe for those muggle children, now would it? I'll need to think of something safer.
I'm dying to yarnbomb!  Expect yarnbombed tree in near future! Cool

A portkey!  I'm so excited.  Off to brainstorm....
I can't wait to see what you come up with. Grin

@flower: I adore those monster books!

@varifiresis: I'm in love with that Rita Skeeter Pendant!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012 01:09:56 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn a Collection of Ideas Into a Book
How an Editor Improves the Book Writing Process
How to Self Publish a Book
Hot On HuffPost Books
Amy McNamara Shares Lovely, Dark and Deep
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...