A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
776 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 260404 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LanaC
« Reply #570 on: June 17, 2012 02:53:25 PM »

Class: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin
Project link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354411.0
Project: Dollar store doll to weeping angel.

I saw this Weeping Angel a while back and thought, I am so doing that!  But I hadn't watched any of the Doctor Who's so I rented it.  Awesome.  I had a bit of an issue with the dollar store barbie as when I cut her hair close to the pony tail holder it came undone and showed that she only had a hairline, not a full head of hair.   Shocked

I do apolgize that she is nekkid.  I hadnt made her dress yet. 

I also had trouble with my papier mache.  I bought some at the craft store and it just stayed lumpy so I just let it be.  LOL.  I continued to follow the instructions in the link above and then when she was dry I spray painted her with a metallic stone paint. 

Front:

Side:

Back:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #571 on: June 17, 2012 03:28:52 PM »

Finished with OTHPT project and decided it was time to check in over here and WOW! Pages of crafty goodness going on! I gotta finish my studies and post some completed projects before I am stuck in Detention again. (Not that that would be too terrible or anything.) On a side note, glad your kiddo is better, Professor. I am sure you conjured up a quick cure and added mommy love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #572 on: June 17, 2012 05:08:17 PM »

Class : Reducio challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Hogwarts in a bubbling cauldron pin cushion
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410203.0
natural light photos http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410017.0
Brief Description:
For the othpt3 swap I decided to make my partner jennieingram something useful and decorative.  I sculpted her a miniature Hogwarts castle and cauldron.  The castle was done in different stages.  The buildings individually and the courtyards.  After that I placed them all on the cliffs and re-baked. The hardest part was getting the cauldron right.  The limits for the swap are 4x4.  The cauldron is 3 1/2 wide and the whole thing is 4in high.  I had a hard time putting in enough definition so you look at it and know what it is with out driving myself crazy in the tiny details.  After completing and baking all the pieces I painted them and aged the cauldron. Sealed them and placed floral foam and batting covered by lime green fabric inside the cauldron.  Then took long straight pins and glued green beads and stars to the ends to look like bubbles. I love how it turned out and had a hard time letting it go, but knowing it was going to another HP fan helped ease the pain.  Plus now I can make another one knowing what I know now for myself.
project picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #573 on: June 17, 2012 05:13:01 PM »

Class: Detention With Snape
Project Name: Burp Cloths (not too exciting, sorry)
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description: Bought some random fabric a good month or so with the thought, "I'm gonna make some burp clothes and they're gonna be cute, and I'm really excited about making them!" In reality, the fabric sat in the bottom of my "Work in Progress" box, untouched. After a week, I was pretty much over the idea of making any sort of anything out of them, but since I'm running out of "baby free" time and I owed Snape some detention, I sat down to work on them yesterday.
As for materials: the owl material is the stuff that is plastic backed kind of, used for making cloth diaper covers and whatnot...to keep the ick from soaking through to your clothes. The cutsy camping fabric is flannel, soft for baby's face...until covered in ick.
Project Picture:
As I sat down to make this "adorable" project, I had decided that I hated it from the moment I started. I didn't want to do it and it seemed absurd to spend time making something in which it's whole purpose is to be puked on.

I made a mock-up one to see how it would turn out. Not so bad. But then, when I started to work "assembly style" it all went downhill. Each stupid step I had to do many, many times. I honestly felt like I was in detention the whole time, hating my life...but I freaking finished them! (Originally there were 9, but there was a mishap in the burp cloth making factory. Hehe.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #574 on: June 17, 2012 05:50:26 PM »

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Phoenix Tears Book Thong
Project Page Link: None
Brief Description:

While in potions class, I kept losing my place whenever the classroom door would open. So, to remedy the situation, I made myself a Phoenix Tears book thong  so that I would never forget my place again! Fawkes was kind enough to share some of his tears and feathers with me, which I transfigured into these gorgeous beads. Thank you Fawkes!

Here it is in use! ( pretend the book is NOT upside down LOL )

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #575 on: June 17, 2012 06:08:29 PM »

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Class Partner: JuliG47 (my mom helped a LOT! and since this is summer semester I told her I would ask for her to get credit too.)
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Ogier
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410204
Brief Description: I followed Loial across many lands in order to acquire the details I needed to make this poppet. He was very difficult to track down! I feel as though he knew someone was following him. (Clearly I should have worked on the Knightbus challenge to practice being inconspicuous!) By following him I have discovered that Ogier are very friendly to humans, but prefer to avoid one another. They enjoy reading books, but all those he had were clearly written for humans. They were far too small for him to read comfortably! He was nearly 10 feet tall, and built like a beater for the Falmouth Falcons. He did not appear to have any magical abilities granted to him aside from his size and strength.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012 06:13:00 PM by SiakelA » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #576 on: June 17, 2012 06:29:42 PM »

Class: Astronomy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Flame of Tar Valon
Project Page Link: click here
Brief Description: I stitched up a symbol of the Flame of Tar Valon and in the process brought in a sun high in the sky and a setting sun. The beams coming from the sun high in the sky are number 6 to match the Tower when it was broken. Since the Blue's had left, the color of the sun is off to remind us that we need all the colors to be whole. The setting sun has 7 beams, and is in the proper tone. The border is also made up of many tiny sun bursts.
Project Picture:

(No, you won't really get the references for this or Loial unless you've read Wheel of Time...but I'm just pleased with how they turned out!!)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012 06:29:57 PM by SiakelA » THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #577 on: June 17, 2012 06:32:04 PM »

What a sweet Ogier and I love the phoenix tear book thong.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #578 on: June 17, 2012 06:35:40 PM »

I want to just say how much I love the other projects I'm sharing this page with!!!

I love that pin cushion so much! I am going to have to make something like that for myself, and my mom, and everyone else I know who sews. It is too amazing not to! Art + pin cushion is so much win right there.

Burp cloths may be boring to make, but they turned out really cute. Smiley I know I wouldn't have had the patience to sit through that, so you have my admiration!

The book thong is beautiful! I love that you have a big bead at the other end to balance out the wonderful waterfall of beads. The beaded thong is also a really cool way of doing that! I had some a long time ago, but they ended up fraying because the thread wasn't protected.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #579 on: June 17, 2012 06:36:06 PM »

What a sweet Ogier

Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Twisted Knit Stitch Using Two Strings as One
How to Make a Shiny Christmas Ball Wreath
How to Make a Twisted Knit Stitch with a Double Wrapped String
How to Make a Slip Knot Part 2/2
How to Make a Triple Crochet Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...