A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 255148 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AugustBell
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #350 on: May 28, 2012 04:00:04 PM »

Class/House Pride: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Knight Bus Challenge
Brief Description: I took a ride along the Knight bus last night to help contribute to the ongoing investigation of the strange occurrences. I took with me this small lavender kitty named Niko. I recruited Niko from the top secret Ministry of Kitty Affairs. He was recommended to me by none other than Crookshanks himself. He came highly recommended as Niko was one of Crookshanks' top agents after Sirius Black's escape from Azkaban many years ago. Niko's old post was to ride along the Knight Bus and hide in the rafters to spy on passengers. As Crookshanks promised, Niko did a splendid job and we gathered a valuable tidbit of information. I managed to snap a photo of Niko taking a quick catnap before we headed out to catch the bus.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #351 on: May 28, 2012 04:03:10 PM »

@pinkleo~omg that charm bracelet ! I want that bracelet its so prettyy !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #352 on: May 28, 2012 04:05:24 PM »

@AugustBell, how lucky you were to get somekitty from the Ministry of Kitty Affairs; they are such an elite group.  Niko is an adorable agent! Cool

@pinkleo~omg that charm bracelet ! I want that bracelet its so prettyy !
:::blush:: ...Thanks! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raynebeauxx
« Reply #353 on: May 28, 2012 04:08:00 PM »

oh my goodness I was offline for not even 2 days & yall stormed this with STUNNINGLY AMAZING ITEMS!
Wow guys everyone just wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/raynebeauxxx/

I have a facebook group that is about showing off crafts I would love anyone to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217478781664975/
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: May 28, 2012 04:34:58 PM »

I'm still enjoying seeing everyone's projects--especially all the spiders, for some reason. I don't have any class projects to post, but this craftalong did encourage me to finally get out and seam up the Gryffindor slippers I knit last November or December, back when the now long-gone cool weather started; next time I'll make them in the round. Since it's HP-related, I guess it's okay to share a picture:

(Yes, there is a glaring mistake in the cuff of the second one, but these were knit right around the time I adopted my new crafting motto, "Embrace Imperfection".)

I've also been doing a little pre-practice memory spell work by recreating the tastes of a Muggle-born childhood, '70s era--specifically making Kool-Aid pie. Results of my experiment: I've learned lemonade Kool-Aid pie tastes just like it did when I was a kid, even without the vanilla wafer crust people tended to make when I was a kid. Also it turns out orange Kool-Aid pie tastes almost exactly like orange sherbert "push-ups", so it was like two (or 1.5?) summer memories for the price of one.

I'm considering the pies a warm-up for whatever I do for the Potions class project. But then again I'm now calling most of the stuff I do around the house transfiguration.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
clumsy_momma
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2012 05:16:52 PM »

Class (or House Pride Item): Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Wrap-around cowl
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I know that it is basically summer, but I've been fighting with this yarn for months. We argued and fought. She didn't want to be socks and then she didn't want to be a skirt...Nothing was making her happy. I even tried mixing her with several other yarn friends to see if that made her happy. Finally, we both agreed that simplicity may be the best for the both of us. This is a simple cowl that I was able to make in just a few days. It's long enough to wrap loosely around twice and several times if you needed to bundle up!  The pattern that is almost wave-like and the yarn color reminds me of the water. For a better picture of the yarn: http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Imagination_Hand_Painted_Sock_Yarn__D5420173.html
Color-way is Looking Glass

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2012 05:44:21 PM »

@wifeofbath...another wondrous pair of slippers...what pattern are you using?  Anything HP is always welcome; I put it under the category of House Unity.  And I always seem to be embracing imperfection. Grin  And I'm excited about your Potions assignment!

@clumsy_momma..your cowl is lovely (I'm going to heart it on Ravelry if & when it pops up Cool)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012 05:54:55 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #357 on: May 28, 2012 08:43:15 PM »

My momma is finally joining craftster as an active member, because I've recommended her to this thread. We'll have a new Gryff joining us soon. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rossie
« Reply #358 on: May 28, 2012 09:27:17 PM »

My completed assignment for the Riding the Knight Bus Challenge!

Blend into the purple with a delicious summer treat.  Dip a waffle cone in melted chocolate, then in sprinkles.  Let set.  Roll balls of vanilla ice cream in purple jelly crystals before squashing into the cone.  Serve at once!  The magic dessert turns your tongue purple first, and if you've charmed it right, the rest of you should follow - a perfectly purple disguise to sneak around the Knight Bus and gather intelligence for the Ministry...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of fairy tale pretties:  http://summerfaire.com/
skatergirl1007
« Reply #359 on: May 29, 2012 08:21:07 AM »

rossie I love the ice cream!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bugs Bunny
How to Draw a Turkey
How to Draw Swampfire from Ben 10 Alien Force
How to Draw Bloom from Winx Club
How to Draw Phanpy from Pokemon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...