A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,903
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 265677 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2012 11:41:33 PM »

I'm Solitaire, and I've been lurking since the first few posts and decided that I would like to join the summer semester! Everything that I've seen so far, is absolutely brilliantly done! I visited Pottermore, and have been sorted into Gryffindor!! I've finished one project so far. For the Knight Bus Challenge.

Class/House Pride: Gryffindor
Project Name: Knight Bus Challenge
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I crafted a journal that blends in with the violently purple coloring of the Knight Bus and doubles as a drawing journal. Thus, rendering the journal inconspicuous during use.

I'd heard about the odd occurrences on the Knight Bus, and being the nosey little Half-Blood that I am, I decided to try my hand at magical bookbinding. So, I gathered my supplies and came up with the perfect solution. A travel sized sketch book with a twist. I've bewitched the pages so that only my drawings will show up, until the password is written on the page you wish to reveal. I'm heading off on the Knight Bus this weekend. I'll keep you updated on the success or failure of my mission.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
ZombieLili
« Reply #341 on: May 28, 2012 03:34:40 AM »

Class : Care of Magical Creatures
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Fuzzy creatures from the lake
Brief Description: They look way more toxic in real life. Magic just won't turn up right with a muggle camera.

I think nearly everyone is familiar with those fuzzy jellyfish living in the lake. As I was studying them I saw them surrounding a strange little creature. I looked closer and saw it that it must have been a normal bunny once! It must have mutated when it came in touch with the jellyfish.

Always remember not so touch the jellyfish with your bare hands! You don't want to end up all green and fuzzy, do you?! (do you? Cheesy )
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #342 on: May 28, 2012 07:52:25 AM »

Welcome to Hogwarts Solitaire!  I am thrilled you will be joining us for the Summer Semester.  Your betwitched journal is the perfect way to take note of the odd occurrences on the Knight Bus.  I cast protection spells upon you while on your mission.  Be safe!

@ZombieLili, great catch!  The Black Lake hold so many strange creatures, and the fuzzy jellies are definitely one.  I think you may be right; the jellies could be descendants of the bunnies that used to be in the Forbidden Forest.  They must have first gone there to hide, but later developed aquatic bunny mutations.  Finally, after many a moon, you have furry jellies (of course they keep their fur, the lake is freezing!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2012 07:59:04 AM »

ZombieLili - I love the fuzzy jellyfish AND that little bunny. They look so soft. (As for the jellyfish, I'm imagining them as Christmas ornaments on a sea-themed tree and it would look awesome. Almost makes me want to have an under-the-water Christmas tree.)

Solitaire - Awesome journal! (I have a terrible habit of buying journals and blank books and then doing absolutely nothing with them. Drives my boyfriend crazy...maybe if I actual made my own journal I would do something with it. Haha.) And that quill! I LOVE the quill! When the picture was small I thought it was a real feather. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #344 on: May 28, 2012 08:19:27 AM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged

skatergirl1007
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2012 10:06:28 AM »

Class (or House Pride Item): Follow the Spider and Riding the Kinght Bus
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Bag with spiders.
I found this fabric the other day that has spiders and bats on it. Also I promise the fabric is purple it just looks blue.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2012 11:41:53 AM »

@skatergirl1007, fab bag...cute fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2012 11:42:10 AM »

~* New Challenge*~
~* Reducio *~

There I was, just sitting and sipping my tea.  I had just finished the most adorable pair of socks for my Knight Bus mission, when all of the sudden....POOF.....blackness surrounds me!  Could someone be trying to stop me from recording what is happening on the Knight Bus?  I try Lumos, but it does not work.  Ah, I know what this is, Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder.  I find my way to the window and throw it open.  All I can do is wait.....

Finally, I can see once more.  But wait, where are my socks?!?!  I search high and low; then, a knock comes to my door.  I open the door, and what is there to greet me, my socks...

....but much, much smaller.  Sigh, it was all a prank!  And try as I might, I can not break this Reducio spell.  Oh well, at least this gives me a fab idea for a challenge....

Make one tiny item that is no more than 4"x4"x4".  It should be physically small and should be something that you can craft with a high level of skill.  Even if it is a fairly simple/easy item for you to make, please embellish so that it best represents your skill.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012 11:57:14 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell

« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2012 01:50:48 PM »

Wow, so many awesome crafts! I love the snitch bookmark, shell cottage bracelet, and Toothless plushie! I spent some time crocheting this afternoon. Hopefully will get some more time to hook after dinner Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2012 03:30:56 PM »

Wow  Shocked I'm away for a few days and everything blows up.  There are so many creative projects on here I'm so impressed.  Great job everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Installing a Web Widget in Dreamweaver CS4
Creating a Flash Gallery Using Bridge CS4
Linking Pages, Graphics, and Web Sites Using Dreamweaver CS4
Using Behaviors in Dreamweaver CS4
Adjusting a Web Layout in CSS
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...