A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,073
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 219320 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #300 on: May 25, 2012 02:26:32 PM »

Class: Riding the Knight Bus
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Sleuthing Slugs
Project Page Link:Slug Pattern Book
Brief Description: George Weasley developed the Sleuthing Slugs exclusively for the Ministry, for the purpose of recording suspicious conversations between dark wizards. The Sleuthing Slugs can change colour accordingly, to better blend in with their surroundings. Ministry members collect the slugs after a week, press them to their ears and give them a little squeeze. That seems to trigger the "device" to replay the recording. Managed to catch a few while riding the Knight Bus but after squeezing them all we heard were The Weird Sisters.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #301 on: May 25, 2012 02:54:24 PM »

so many great assignments! 

@tiamatfire, I'll let y'all do "double duty either for two classes or a class and a challenge" for this Summer Semester only.  When Fall gets here, each project will only counts for one item (either class or challenge); this is because of the House Points we will be earning. 

Love the nursing cuff, so clever & gorgeously purple and the sun hat & baby are ADORABLE!  (need to find babies to make sun hats for)

It's amazing to see how this kind of a craftalong inspires everyone to keep crafting!  I also love that there's both HP and non-HP stuff in the thread
I completely agree!

@rossie, the Aguamenti Cuff is absolutely stunning!

@ZombieLili, WOW to the spider bookthong!  I'm an avid hooker, and I know those little stitches are killer.  I love the spider (again so odd since real spiders creep me)

@bambam91, Petrie arrive with your Transfiguration assignment....such a lovely example of transforming a table to a frame, a tricky spell indeed!

@Sinead.B, your Byzantine Knot Bracelet is beautiful!  What a great remembrance.

@pottermouth, your Sleuthing Slugs are the perfect spyies!  And I LOVE your storycrafting!  (fab pics too!)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012 04:07:00 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #302 on: May 25, 2012 03:52:48 PM »

I love it, the imperfections make it all the more special
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #303 on: May 25, 2012 05:34:53 PM »

Class: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:Arithmancy and the Avarifae

While it is well known that Leonardo of Pisa,  later known as Leonardo Fibonacci,  discovered the Fibonacci Sequence little was known about what led to the discovery of the Fibonacci sequence. That is until recently, when a wizard appearing on the Artifacts Cobblestone (the wizard version of the Antiques road show) presented his recent garage sale finds, One of which was a journal belonging to Leonardo himself. This priceless artifact revealed many unknown facts about his childhood and subsequent mathematical discoveries.

Leonardo was born a muggle around 1175 AD  to wizards Guglielmo Bonacci, A customs officer in Bugia and Alessandra, a frail but loving woman who doted on Leonardo.As a child Leonardo was a shy, intelligent, lonely boy- that lived on the edge of two worlds- One was a world of all things wondrous and magical with many unexplained phenomenons and the other a simple, ordinary world filled with honest hardworking people.

Not being magical, Leonardo didn't quite fit in the wizard world- and having wizards for parents that use their magic freely at home, made it difficult for him to fit in with muggles, as a result Leonardo spent many hours, alone in his room contemplating the mysteries and wonders of both worlds. This worried Leonardo's parents, Alessandra and Guglielmo so much that they devised a way to expand their son's world.  As a customs officer, Guglielmo frequently traveled the world. Leonardo would accompany him on his next journey to the Middle East. It was there that Leonardo would discover many unusual and wonderful things, including the basic mathematics that led to the discovery of Fibonacci sequence.
    The shops of the Middle East held a strong fascination for Leonardo, they were so colorful and different from the shops back home,that he  spent many hours wandering through them- mesmerized by the wonderful and unique treasures they carried. One shop, The Hieracosphinx emporium held a particular fascination for him.
     The Hieracosphinx emporium sold the most unusual and unique creatures from both the muggle and wizard worlds- As a muggle born to wizards Leonardo was permitted to enter the room of magical creatures that was hidden from muggles by a concealment charm. It was in this room that Leonardo discovered the Avarifae (ah-var-ree-fay),A highly intelligent, one inch tall, half bird, half elf like creature that spouted endless facts, stories and tales about everything.

Leonardo would spend many hours in the concealed room at the back of the Hieracosphinx emporium listening the Avarifae's tales, who Leonardo learned was named Angrod. One day Leonardo was late visiting the shop, when Angrod inquired as to why he was late Leonardo broke the terrible news to him, that soon he would have to leave the middle east and would no longer be able to visit him. All of a sudden Angrod let out a loud shout to the shop owner, who appeared at once and demanded to be released to Leonardo. At first the shop owner resisted and began to argue with Angrod, against releasing him. Angrod shot back that he had served the shop owner well for many years educating him on many subjects, including achieving wealth, because of this, Angrod argued,the shop owner owed him his release.
    The argument continued, for what seemed to Leonardo, hours. Finally the shop owner relented, realizing there is no way he would ever win an argument with an avarifae, Angrod's freedom was granted. Angrod was now free to accompanied Leonardo back home to Pisa

As Luck would have it they arrived in Pisa on the evening of the blue moon, just in time to for Leonardo to witness a miraculous and unusual occurrence. For the duration of a the blue moon Avarifae have the ability to divide and multiply themselves, doing so enables the avarifae to offer wizards additional  help if needed, once the blue moon ends the avarifae  returns to it's original one-ness.
    Witnessing this phenomenon helped Leonardo discover the Fibonacci Sequence, you see, the avarifae have an unusal way of multiplying, at first there is one, then two, then three, then five then, well just take a look

I think you get the idea- I really had to stop taking pictures and leave the room the constant chattering from the ever multiplying avarifae was making me crazy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #304 on: May 25, 2012 05:46:59 PM »

At first glance I thought I was witnessing the effects of the Gemino Curse.  After reading the tale of Leonardo and Angrod, I realize the wondrous magic that was in place.  Avarifae are truly amazing creatures!

@teag, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your work & storycrafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2012 06:14:12 PM »

Thank you, so The avarifae were particularly helpful in their creation and story telling
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2012 06:46:12 PM »

Wow, so cool! Who'da thunk Leonardo Fibonacci was a Squib?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #307 on: May 25, 2012 08:01:24 PM »

Class: Follow the Spiders Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Beady Eyes
Project Page Link: not thrilled enough with it to give it it's own page
Brief Description: Wanted to go to Hogwarts but was lagging behind in other classes, the only thing I could think of was to make a wire spider. Guess I better find a creativity spell and quick!
Project Picture:

and just for fun, a balloon spider I made too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA

Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2012 08:16:45 PM »

I love the wire spider! Give yourself more credit Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2012 10:41:22 PM »

Took my creativity potion and been thinking about what else to make.  Here's another!

Class: Astronomy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Astronomy Bow
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409114.0
Brief Description: A pretty bow for my girls with fun ribbons.  Planets, a bright sunshine yellow, and stars on a night sky.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Squeeze and Solitude - AHEC and RCA Collaboration
Pumpkin Carving Ideas and Techniques
How to Use Everyday Items to Protect Book Covers
How to Make an Art Smock
How to Make a Cigar Box Pocketbook
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...