A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 260927 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2012 06:26:39 AM »

Thank you so much, Pinkleo!  I actually DO have a question, right out of the gate.  (I'm going to be one of THOSE students) Smiley  This question doesn't actually pertain to me but I thought it may be an idea for someone else. The assignment for Arithmancy, on the Fibonacci Sequence, I was thinking about things that could be submitted and would matryoshka dolls ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matryoshka_doll ) work for the mathematical sequence? I mean, It's the same idea, don't you think?  Just an idea.  Oh and I know we need to earn the assignment badges and the challenge badges but I was a little confused about using the house badges and/or school robes.... Do we earn those or..... ?  OH!  I just had the most amazing idea!  So, The knight bus dealio.... the ONLY specifications are it has to be purple and you must be able to cast a charm on it?  The knight bus was violently purple but I was wondering violet is purple, right?  Because I have something violently violet that I could do for that assignment and it would be pretty effing epic.  Well, I think it would be anyhow.  But I don't want to say what it is cause I don't want to ruin the surprise but it will be, give or take, two weeks for that to be posted here. IF of course, Violet is considered purple by you guys as well. 
I see your Ravenclaw roots. Wink

Arithmancy, on the Fibonacci Sequence, I was thinking about things that could be submitted and would matryoshka dolls You can; remember your explanation of how you interpretted the assignment is key. Cool

little confused about using the house badges and/or school robes.... Do we earn those or..... ?  House badges aka robes are a way to show off your House Pride....kind of a free badge for joining in the fun...so claim away and change your robes (aka avatar) as much as you wish.

The knight bus was violently purple but I was wondering violet is purple, right? any shade of purple and violet counts for the Riding the Knight Bus.....As long as most of your project is purple/violet, then all is well.

Overall, I'm going to be lenient assignments (it is all up to your interpretation & description); mostly, I just want you to have fun, be inspired, get crafty, lend support to your fellow classmates, and enjoy a HP friendly environment (one where you can shout out your House Pride, ponder that existence of Blibbering Humdingers, fully replace the word "seriously" with "Siriusly"....well you get the idea Grin).

How that helps! Grin

psst, love your robes and Kiss on sig
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012 06:29:56 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2012 06:36:33 AM »

rossie, I'm in love with your nargle!  I'm now gathering mistletoe in hopes of attracting one. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2012 06:56:17 AM »

Geeze this thread moves fast. How did I miss like 20 pages?!?! You guys really are wizards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skatergirl1007
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2012 07:14:13 AM »

Class :Astronomy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Partial Eclipse

I had wanted to see the eclipse on Sunday but missed out so I looked at some pictures online and made this felt badge thing that will be a magnet. I know it could look better but I like how it turned out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
raynebeauxx
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2012 09:18:20 AM »

I did not realize how low on supply I was, Time to make a trip to the shop.

Meanwhile Everyone is doing great on their ASSIGNMENTS.
All of it looks amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/raynebeauxxx/

I have a facebook group that is about showing off crafts I would love anyone to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217478781664975/
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2012 09:22:43 AM »

wonderful job Rossie how fortunate you are to have sighted a nargle  I have only heard them in my garden at dusk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2012 09:41:08 AM »

It looks like my current assignment will count as the challenge! I started it when I saw this craft along, but too bad knitting takes me forever. I'm hoping to finish up in the next 2 days and get some pictures of it up. I can't wait to show it off to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2012 10:09:27 AM »

Class (or House Pride Item): Knight bus challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Page Link:-
Brief Description: Not being a Metamorphmagus I can't just change my hair with a thought.  But once I saw this challenge I thought purple would be the perfect color for my ends.  I started coloring the ends after seeing this tutorial http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/07/tipped-out/. I had to mix two different colors to get this shade a hot pink and a purple. It takes quite a bit of time to section and strip and the color but so worth it. Ive had them many different colors and every time I do it that color is my favorite, but this is the first time its had a HP connection I think I love it even more. It reminds me of Tonks and the knight bus.
Project Picture:
What do you think?  Does it fit the requirements?  Its kind of a craft right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2012 10:25:17 AM »

Ooooooo I love it, chughes225!  You have such pretty hair!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2012 10:28:17 AM »

Challenge:Riding the Knight Bus
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Mnemonic Inscriptor

Being a proud wizard I knew I could not sit idly by while misdoings were afoot on the knight bus so I promptly sent in my owl and was honored when I was given the assignment-

I boarded the knight bus wearing a Mnemonic Inscriptor, a powerful memory recorder passed down for centuries from Mother to eldest daughter, although Mnemonic inscriptors take many forms, mine was created to be worn as a necklace

The opening of the neck piece captures the memories thus allowing the memories to be recalled at a later time-

When I boarded the knight bus it appeared empty, I took a seat,not wanting to call attention to myself I pulled out my copy of the quibbler and pretended to read.I couldn't help notice that the  bus made many stops and the doors would open- but it appeared as if no one had boarded. How curious.

As my journey proceeded I could hear voices that seemed to come from above, the number of voices grew with each stop. after about an hour or so with no more stops, I decided it was time for me to take action to investigate this curiosity-  quietly I rose from my seat,being careful not to alert the driver. Slowly, I mounted the stairs to the second floor and peered around the corner-I could see wizards, many wizards, and tables with piles of knuts, sickles and galleons and in the center of the table, a pile of bones.

Oh No, It couldn't be! not here, I had heard tales of this, but never in my life, I  was so shaken to see.... a game of muggle bones being played, a game that was outlawed centuries before by the Wizard's council- a game played only by the darkest of wizards-who hunt down innocent muggles for their bones, I must get back to The Department of Magical Law Enforcement and report these horrible findings- This must be stopped at once!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012 10:41:31 AM by teag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Is Ecodesign a Ripoff? How to Afford a Healthy Home
Frank Lloyd Wright or An Igloo? Sexy Homes on Airbnb
Granite Vs. Laminate: Sustainability Below the Surface
Gardens of the Atomic Age: Landscaping Eichler Homes
Visitability: Smart Design Tips For Accessible Kitchens
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...