A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,218
Currently Running With Scissors:
872 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 245022 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2012 07:12:56 PM »

Crafty ninja you are!  That is the perfect scarf for the Knight Bus, no one ever suspects the scarf. Grin

Also, LOVE your hair color!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012 07:39:12 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2012 07:20:03 PM »

Hey peoples! I'm officially making this my FIRST EVER craftalong.  I know it's pretty emotional, right?  I was sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore so that will be the table I sit at in the great hall.  I am getting RIGHT on this.  I do not have a camera but my mum has one of those silly over-priced phones and it has a camera.  Which isn't great but I can build a temp' light box and it should be just fine. SUPER stoked!  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Into Harry Potter?  Into makin' stuff?  Well, You gotsta check this out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408525.0  HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *twist trial*
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2012 07:24:59 PM »

Hey peoples! I'm officially making this my FIRST EVER craftalong.  I know it's pretty emotional, right?  I was sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore so that will be the table I sit at in the great hall.  I am getting RIGHT on this.  I do not have a camera but my mum has one of those silly over-priced phones and it has a camera.  Which isn't great but I can build a temp' light box and it should be just fine. SUPER stoked!  Grin Grin Grin
Welcome Youfoundmeagain!  And YAY for your first craftalong! Grin  You are sitting a fine table, with lots of fabulous students.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  And have crafty fun, because that is what a craftalong is all about....crafting & fun!  I can't wait to see what you craft!

I changed my robes yet again (back to my pinkleo witchy alter ego), and I added my earned HPC badges to my profile page, which I think makes it more wondrous. Grin  (I also started a pinterest board for my badges. Cool)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012 07:37:52 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2012 07:51:05 PM »

Thank you so much, Pinkleo!  I actually DO have a question, right out of the gate.  (I'm going to be one of THOSE students) Smiley  This question doesn't actually pertain to me but I thought it may be an idea for someone else. The assignment for Arithmancy, on the Fibonacci Sequence, I was thinking about things that could be submitted and would matryoshka dolls ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matryoshka_doll ) work for the mathematical sequence? I mean, It's the same idea, don't you think?  Just an idea.  Oh and I know we need to earn the assignment badges and the challenge badges but I was a little confused about using the house badges and/or school robes.... Do we earn those or..... ?  OH!  I just had the most amazing idea!  So, The knight bus dealio.... the ONLY specifications are it has to be purple and you must be able to cast a charm on it?  The knight bus was violently purple but I was wondering violet is purple, right?  Because I have something violently violet that I could do for that assignment and it would be pretty effing epic.  Well, I think it would be anyhow.  But I don't want to say what it is cause I don't want to ruin the surprise but it will be, give or take, two weeks for that to be posted here. IF of course, Violet is considered purple by you guys as well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Into Harry Potter?  Into makin' stuff?  Well, You gotsta check this out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408525.0  HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *twist trial*
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2012 09:05:00 PM »

Yep in Australia violet is purple!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2012 09:33:21 PM »

Yep in Australia violet is purple!!

lmao.  It may have become an international crisis if we hadn't addressed this sooner.  Who knows how many people have questioned "Is Violet blue or purple?".  We can settle this by voting....or very simply by Pinkleo agreeing with us.  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2012 09:47:29 PM »

Cappa-chow!  Check out my signature.   Cheesy  (By the by, "Cappa-chow" doesn't actually mean anything.  It's just something I say when I'm excited.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Noxika
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2012 09:52:24 PM »

@FiberAlchemist ~ Love that necklace!
@butterflyangel ~ awesome job on the scarf - lovin' the colours!!
@whistlefish ~ Awwww, such a cute little pygmy puff!
@yofi ~ Very clever idea - I bet they smell wonderful!
@teag ~ Amazing little dragons - how very fortunate you were to capture some in muggle pictures. Wink And that bottle is beautiful! Looks like it belongs in Snape's personal collection.
@thebrokenbutterfly ~ That is a gorgeous colour! It will look perfectly at home on the bus. Also love your shirt!

I have always thought of violet as being in the purple family, so it'll be interesting to see the verdict~! Cheesy

I am just putting the final touches to my Muggle Studies project -- my potions homework didn't really turn out very good.  Undecided I never was very good at that particular subject (too busy drooling over Prof. Snape to pay attention to the potions, I think!) but I shall have to try again soon! Hoping to get pics up for my MS homework tonight~!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rossie
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2012 12:07:33 AM »

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Nargle

Brief Description: If Nargles really do exist anywhere but Luna's imagination, this is how I like to think of them; something between a fairy (vain and dim-witted), and a pixie (mischievous little naughty words).  Nargles like to take things and watch people run about trying to find them.  They are especially fond of sneaking off with one sock from a pair, keys, coins, and bewitched jewels.  Wizards are the best to steal from, because their things are so wonderfully interesting.  Nargles cannot easily be seen because they blend in with their surroundings, which is helpful with the thieving.

This nargle has spent most of her life in a dark, dusty house full of wonderful curiosities.  Unfortunately this treasure trove has been lately spoiled by a swarm of loud, red-haired wizards who are gradually taking over.  The doxies were the first to go.  The nargle has been storing up her pretties in preparation for moving.  Though she's not too sure about that locket she swiped from the decrepit house-elf; it tends to make her cranky...

Made from paper, glue, glitter, bits of jewelery and what-nots, and a lovely Slytherin pendant made for me by the delightful bubblegum_phoenix.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of fairy tale pretties:  http://summerfaire.com/
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2012 04:37:47 AM »

I love your nargle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So creative, I love the story behind it as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bamboo Tools to Tend to Your Terrarium
Birthday Craft Ideas for Children
How to Create a Summer Camp Survival Kit
How to Make a Travel Scrapbook
How to Frame a Baby Hand Tracing
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...