A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 265138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

special_occasion
« Reply #850 on: July 21, 2012 10:10:58 PM »

House: Slytherin
Project Name: House Pride Necklace/Earring Set
Brief Description: Realising a little too late that I could not find a silver bead anywhere in the house (but we all know they're irretrievably dug into the carpet somewhere) I figured that the Slytherin pride would still slither from this fake green pearl and black bead jewellery set.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
special_occasion
« Reply #851 on: July 21, 2012 10:23:49 PM »

Class: Care Of Magical Creatures
Project Name: A Really Massive Tiny Responsibility
Brief Description: Please excuse the onslaught of pictures (only assignment I've done which requires it) but I thought my classmates and instructors would appreciate them and I might not be believed otherwise. An owl I didn't recognise arrived at my window carrying a tiny package. I opened it (the package, not the owl) and, well, it seems I've been chosen to raise a little dragon  Shocked Wish us luck  Wink (Matchstick for size reference: I don't know how I made it, I just sat there and tried till it was done so sorry I can't share a tutorial, also think I'll repaint the egg a little more intricately)
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012 10:35:55 PM by special_occasion » THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaandcraft
« Reply #852 on: July 21, 2012 11:22:22 PM »

Hi all! I've finally finished some more projects - yay ^_^

Class: Charms
Project Name: Raincloud Brooch
Brief Description: It's winter here and it's quite rainy; although I don't like being caught in the weather, I do enjoy reading inside while the raindrops fall. A lot of people draw rainclouds as sad, but I've always drawn mine as happy (I imagine that they quite enjoy raining on people ^_^) so I thought I would make a badge version of one of my drawings. It's made with Sculpey and tiger tail.

Class: Divination
Project Name: Release the Krakken!
Brief Description: I was reading through some books on symbolism, looking for inspiration for this class, when I learnt that octopuses (octopi?) were considered to provide protection from evil and good luck. Sounds good to me! I made these tentacles earrings from Sculpey. The spray paint I used made them really shiny! ^_^

Class: Astronomy
Project Name: That's no moon
Brief Description: I came up with this idea while sleeping and thought I was so clever and original. Turns out, I'm not; there is a poster with the same concept. But I decided to make this necklace anyway. One side is the moon and features an adaptation of the phrase Ren Magritte's famous pipe painting.

The other side is the Death Star ~_^ (You can thank my Muggle studies class for that reference ~_^)

I've really been enjoying all the crafts posted on this thread! I especially enjoyed FiberAlchemist's "relax" cushions, Katara's sock monkeys, and jennieingram's charm bracelet. You're all very talented! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
special_occasion
« Reply #853 on: July 22, 2012 12:14:44 AM »

@lightninglisa: I love that not only is your cloud happy to be raining but the rain drops are happy to be falling too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #854 on: July 22, 2012 12:31:56 AM »

House Pride Item: Ravenclaw Pride
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: First Year Scarf
Brief Description: I was placed in Ravenclaw by Pottermore, so I decided to celebrate by making a scarf for Ravenclaw. I made due with yarn in my stash, but after completing, I ran to the yarn store and bought better mats. I hope to make a better scarf soon.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #855 on: July 22, 2012 12:32:32 AM »

Class: Potions
Project Name: Yoga Poses
Brief Description: I enjoy doing yoga. I was told to include one restorative yoga pose in my practice each day. A sequence was suggested to me, but I often forget which pose to do on which day. So I stenciled a posterboard with the poses, in the order of the week. To make it easer to remember which day goes with each pose I also added a M W and F to help me see the pose at a quick glance.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #856 on: July 22, 2012 08:00:21 AM »

@special_occasion: fabulous beadwork...your little dragon is beyond adorable! Grin

@lightnlisa: Been busy? Wink  That rain cloud is so cute!

@Eiseldora: The Claws should be thrilled to have you in the Tower.  Fab Scarf! Cool

I'm in awe at all the projects that have been turned in!  (I'm curious to see how much I can fit into the completed projects post....fear it is going to explode!  Note for next term: Save lots of spots!)  Now remember I will be on vacation (and away from the internet....waterparks & computers just don't mix....and when not at the waterpark with kiddos, I'll eat & fall down in exhaustion!).  I'll Miss Y'all!  And see ya' July 26!  Until then, have tons of crafty fun! Kiss
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012 08:06:02 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: July 22, 2012 08:03:28 AM »

Class: Charms
Project Name: Water, Water, Everywhere

While I was waiting for more materials for my arithmancy project to arrive by post, I started toying around with my Charms homework. My favorite way to take water is to first make it hot and let tea leaves steep in it, so I thought I would make a cosy for my tea press out of this yarn whose color reminds me of water. (Moda Dea Cartwheel in Sea Blues.) I made the pattern up as I went. I hoped when I started it would look a bit like a stylized waterdrop. That didn't work out, but I'm happy with it.

However, while I was working on it things went a little Fantasia-ish, in that it occurred to me that I needed other watery kitchen stuff. For starters, other people had gotten all but a couple of the scrubbies/tawashi I made a year or two back. So I made a pile just for me.

I only meant to make two or three, but they're mildly addictive so I had to stop myself at eight. I also did two mint tawashi I haven't seamed up yet; other people got ALL the mint tawashi I made before.

Then it occurred to me I still didn't have one of those handy-dandy button loop towels for drying my hands. So I made a solid blue one with a crocheted top, then two fishy-print ones with knit tops. All three toppers were made up as I went. Conclusion: I'm still bad at crocheting back and forth, and I think if I ever make these again I'll make sewn toppers.

Also, tea cosies are fun and I want to make more.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012 08:06:36 AM by wifeofbath » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #858 on: July 22, 2012 11:13:55 AM »

Have a wonderful vacation pinkleo!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
AugustBell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #859 on: July 22, 2012 11:20:47 AM »

That beaded dragon is so cute! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Indian Paneer Recipe
How to Make Sushi Soy Sauce
How to Make Sushi Rice
How to Pick Fish for Sushi
How to Make Spicy Mayo
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...