A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 243311 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raynebeauxx
« Reply #560 on: June 16, 2012 06:28:19 AM »

between lack of money & lack of insperation I have been at a bit of a block.
Well yesterday I got these so I should be doing good now. I am super excited about these!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/raynebeauxxx/

I have a facebook group that is about showing off crafts I would love anyone to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217478781664975/
butterflyangel
« Reply #561 on: June 16, 2012 10:02:09 AM »

Oh wow !  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #562 on: June 16, 2012 10:35:12 AM »

I think you may have just inspired me to go order those books! (I feel like this maternity leave has been one big online shopping spree...:/ This baby better get here soon before I'm out of money.)

On another note, I am seriously slacking in my summer classes here. I have a project in mind for tomorrow. We shall see! Hope everyone's well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #563 on: June 16, 2012 04:16:26 PM »

Class : DADA
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Triangular pyramid tablet stand tutorial
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410141.0
Brief Description: Ok I dont have a fear of tablets or their stands but I do fear posting a tutorial.  I always fear Ive forgotten something or someone using it will do it and it will turn out wrong and blame my tutorial.  So I have never posted one before until today.  So its not the item I crafted I fear but posting the tutorial is.  I also used the last of my HP fabric so I hoped that would help it fit a little more. 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #564 on: June 16, 2012 05:49:46 PM »

My phone FINALLY released he pics of my finished Transfiguration project from, like, 3 weeks ago! (note to self, get a camera.) It has not, however, released the "before" pics of the yarn in ball form.  *sigh*

Class (or House Pride Item): Transfiguration
House: (if desired): Slytherin (via Pottermore)
Project Name: Wooden handled purse
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description: I wanted to create a pretty something for a friend for her birthday, and I saw some great plants in Prof. Sprout's greenhouse that I knew she'd love.  I transfigured the plant into a cotton fabric to line the bag that I created from a variegated yarn ball. Not the most exciting story, but I like how the purse turned out.  (It's my first one ever.)  
Project Picture:

... Hmm.. Or, I won't be able to post pics.... It appears that I need to make a few more comments before Craftster will accept pics from me (in case I'm a bot.)  I guess I'll have to wait for my badge.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Naantje
« Reply #565 on: June 17, 2012 03:23:53 AM »

Class : Transfiguration / Detention With Snape (Yes, I AM totally taking advantage of the fact that we can do double duty this semester!)
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Granny Square Purse
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410162.0
Brief Description:
Being a Slytherin has it's perks: you can make your overdue transfiguration homework in detention with Snape! I made the purse below for my mother, with yarn that used to be our favorite shared sweater vest. For several years, we both wore the thing. When I moved out, it stayed in my mother's closet for a while, but she was transfigured by menopause and though she didn't gain any weight, the vest made her look as if she was pregnant. Not very flattering! It moved to my closet, but I had also since been transfigured, dropping 11kg(24lbs) and the vest was too big and baggy on me. I unraveled one of the sleeves (that was scary!) and transfigured the vest into this monther's day granny square purse for my mother.

The two squares were finished really quickly, but then the project sat without a strap on my desk for a couple of weeks, while I was making more interesting stuff. Making straps is so boring! So in detention with Snape, I finally finished off and attached the strap, so I'll have a nice mother's day present to give to my mum in July when we finally see each other again (we live ~200km apart).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: June 17, 2012 07:08:56 AM »

It's great seeing all the crafty activity. I nominate the cute little baby with the Aubergine Hooter badge as the unofficial summer school mascot. Cheesy  I also think Florean Fortescue's ice cream shop should see about buying the rights to sell Rossie's magical purple ice cream.

I'm slowly working on my Arithmancy project, myself, while trying not to think about how much time I would need to spend in detention with Snape to use up my stash. Also hoping my yarn for this project holds up and I don't have to add to the stash.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #567 on: June 17, 2012 09:17:42 AM »

@flower: I absolutely adore that owl bag!!! Grin

@patty_o_furniture: Shocked Snape's Potion Cabinet is amazing!

@chughes: Way to go on conquering your fear!   LOVE THE STAND & TUTORIAL!!  Thank you for sharing! Kiss

@Ant Bee: just a few more posts to go...I'm adding your project post to the completed list so just modify to add pics when you can Grin

@Naantje: Hogwarts Hookers Unite!  Love the bag!!! Cool

my reason number...it's counting how many projects we have posted in the Summer HPC...133!! Shocked

l
V
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012 09:30:49 AM by pinkleo - Reason: 133 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: June 17, 2012 01:06:01 PM »

Class: Transfiguration AND Challenge: Riding the Knight Bus
House: Gryffindor
Project Names: Rustic Roasted Beet Tart AND Transfigured Cashew Ricotta

Since I planned to spend time staking out nefarious activities on the Knight Bus, I decided to create a snack to take with me.  There's nothing worse than rumbly tumblies when you're trying to be inconspicuous!  What kinds of foods are naturally purple though?  The answer is of course, fresh summer beets!

Short back story: In the last year I've finally figured out that I'm lactose-intolerant.  (After years of thinking I had problems with tomatoes, or spices, or was getting food poisoning too often!)  This was honestly heartbreaking for me, as I really, REALLY, love cheese in all it's many and varied forms.  Since I've cut out dairy though, I've felt a million times better, and haven't been sick once!  But... I've also been having a lot of trouble with finding dairy-free recipes that work well for parties and crowds.  All too often party foods and appetizers are full of milk, cream or cheese.  Or if you do find a dairy-free recipe, many people get scared away if they know the item is vegan.  But I was thrilled when I ran into this  recipe on Vegenista for a Rustic Beet Tart with Cashew Ricotta Cheese.  

Now I must admit that I was dubious about transfiguing cashews into cheese, but the recipe was wonderful.  The addition of the garlic and fresh herbs really transforms the dish, into something magical.  The texture is a dead ringer for ricotta, and I can't wait to try it again in a lasagna or stuffed shells.  I honestly urge anyone to give it a try, whatever your dietary needs.  The ricotta browned in the oven, and held together beautifully.  I tested it out on some carnivore/dairy-loving friends, and they all enjoyed it as much as I did.  It also includes simple, wholesome ingredients that you might even already have on hand!  But, for those of you who are not lactose intolerant, or might be afraid to try a vegan cheese substitute, you can also try this recipe on Desserts for Breakfast for a version that includes blue cheese & goat cheese.  
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012 05:32:28 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
MedusaLisa
« Reply #569 on: June 17, 2012 02:40:12 PM »

Class: Reducto
House:  Slytherin
Project name:  Tiny Padfoot

Last year I received a booklet for a knitted sock monkey pattern. I knitted a lot of them for work but decided to take the pattern and alter it a bit to make a wolf.   For this craftalong, I made a tiny padfoot!

The grey wolf is the first one I made altering the pattern.

Class:  Knightbus Challenge
House:  Slytherin
Project:  Invisibility cloak for Padfoot

I figured since Padfoot was small enough he might be able to figure out what is going on with the Knightbus, but just to keep him safe, I felt he need to be invisible.  So I quickly sewed up a little mesh invisibility cloak.  When closes it over his head, he is invisible!

With it closed up

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Flash Waves Hot Shoe Radio Slaves
Learn about Pocketwizard Transceiver Caddy
Learn about Custom Brackets Gimbal Rotator
How to Obtain a White Balance on the Canon EOS Cameras
How to Use Sekonic Light meters
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...