A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 264444 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2012 08:37:18 AM »

WiP Dention= Best.Plan.Ever.
So many things... and justification for taking time to get them done!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
WhistleFish
« Reply #451 on: June 06, 2012 08:50:50 AM »

@Rossie - That painting is so gooood! I'm officially jealous.

As for detention, I've got a couple projects right now that have landed me here. :/ I'm gonna try to finish one tonight.

((Off topic (kind of?), but I had to share, forgive me:  I ran across this yesterday: http://sewhooked.com/2011/10/02/harry-potter-a-love-story. It's a super super awesome HP quilt.  Some of you may have ran into it on the internet at some point seeming as we're all HP fans. I'm seriously contemplating making this. I really may need this on our wall. There's a link to the project on the bottom and it breaks down all the squares to make it manageable. Goal is to get one  square done a week. Can't decide if I'm ready to commit. Also will have to learn how to paper piece. Haha.))
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012 09:03:16 AM by WhistleFish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: June 06, 2012 11:57:31 AM »

Rossie, your painting is just gorgeous.

I have the perfect project for my detention! Hoping to have some time to craft this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #453 on: June 06, 2012 02:14:45 PM »

I'm ready for detention !!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Critter10

Losing my sanity one day at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: June 06, 2012 03:04:34 PM »

So the past two days I've been crafting most of the day, it's been pretty fun, and it's nice to see the results. Anyways, an asisgnment (also have Charms done and a Reducio project started, pics to come later.:

Class (or House Pride Item): Care of Magical Creatures
House: (if desired): Ravenclaw
Project Name: A Not-So-Scary Monster Book of Monsters
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386618.msg4573315#msg4573315 (Page also has a few older HP related crafts)
Brief Description: One cannot study CMC without the proper materials. A friend of mine was lucky enough to find this slightly gentler Monster Book of Monsters so I could better study more advanced subjects in the field.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012 03:06:34 PM by dolphinwind10 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Critter10/
Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. Mischief Managed.
~Anyone can accomplish any task with no limits and constant encouragement.
~There is no such thing as trash, only future craft supplies that no one has claimed.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #455 on: June 06, 2012 03:18:11 PM »

Class: Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Quidditch Practice Mini Cooler
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: This was a speed-sewn project, done in less than an hour. A layer of batting was sandwiched between the fabric for insulation and I added my favorite Ravenclaw badge for easy identification  Grin.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rossie
« Reply #456 on: June 06, 2012 04:34:56 PM »

Project Name: Quidditch Practice Mini Cooler

GAH!  WANT!  Also, very much love that you used the Ravenclaw badge for crafty goodness Smiley 

Thanks for the nice comments about the painting, guys!  Paint and I usually don't get along.  I've been practicing a lot, so here's hoping this success wasn't just a fluke.  The mixed media thing would be great for a portrait of Luna Lovegood, don't you think?  Maybe I should try that next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of fairy tale pretties:  http://summerfaire.com/
tiamatfire
« Reply #457 on: June 06, 2012 04:54:59 PM »

I ADORE the detention idea!  I have so many WIPs sitting around....

I have a couple more projects to share:

Class: Charms
House: Gryffindor
Project: Duckie onesie

I decided to make family-specific onesies for my and my daughter's first visit out to see her maternal great-grandparents, and visit with my and my husband's family!   When I was looking for designs to embroider, I found this cute little duckie and realised it would work for the water-themed Charms class (although this duckie is away from her pond at the moment).

I used advice I found online about stitching on knits, and stabilized with freezer paper, but the stitches are a bit loose now.  Any suggestions for the future on helping things stay more stable and tighten the stitches without warping the fabric?

The others will be posted in the kid's clothing thread once I finish the uncle one!

Class: Transfiguration
Project name: Puffskein cupcakes

Although this could also work with Care of Magical Creatures, as you can see the picture below I have a nearly-complete pygmy puff for that!  

I made cupcakes a week ago, and decided to tint the icing with yellow. Well, when they turned out this great custard colour I was reminded of the description of puffskeins in Fantastic Beasts...so I tossed on some chocolate chip eyes, waved my wand, and they turned into puffskeins!  Thankfully they seem to play nicely with their pygmy puff cousins.  I'd have added some liquorice tongues but I have celiac and liquorice has wheat flour in it  Cry

I have two more projects to post that are 99% done (including the pygmy puff in the picture), and another that's about 75%.  I also have things ready to make a couple challenge pieces and another class project Smiley
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012 06:17:18 PM by tiamatfire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 06, 2012 04:56:53 PM »

Class: Transfiguration
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Failed violet Knight Bus hair into something less suck
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409605.0
Brief Description: This was supposed to be for the knight bus challenge but it failed miserably so I switched it up and now it's less fail.  More info if you click the project page link.
Project Picture: 

Before:

After:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Into Harry Potter?  Into makin' stuff?  Well, You gotsta check this out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408525.0  HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *twist trial*
AugustBell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #459 on: June 06, 2012 06:03:28 PM »

@Dolphinwind10 - I love that silly monster book!

@pottermouth - That water bottle cooler is very nice. And I've also got my eye on your Knight Bus Lego!

@tiamatfire -That embroidery is just precious!!!

@Youfoundmeagain - Your hair is so awesome. I love that electric blue. I used to have hot purple hair, but now that I have a "grown up" job I have to have a natural occurring hair color Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
National Ice Cream Day to Match Your Mood
How To Make Extreme Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Easy Fruit Crumble Recipe
How to Make a Clafouti
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...