A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 239108 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Naantje
« Reply #1190 on: August 13, 2012 09:10:59 AM »

Class (or House Pride Item): DADA: Defeat a Boggart.  Craft something inspired by one of your greatest fears.
House: Slytherin
Project Name: A reminder
Brief Description:
Okay, no, this is not technically a craft, though if you've ever seen my ordinary handwriting, maybe you'd count it. Since I plan to hang this on the wall in my study, I thought it sort of qualified.

Thirteen months from today, on friday the thirteenth of september 2013, I am getting married to my boyfriend. We will be moving back to Belgium come februay, and we're planning to buy a house really soon. Because of that, and because we feel that it would be wasteful to spend a fortune on a single day even if we weren't saving up for a house, we have set ourselves a budget of just 4000 to plan our wedding with. (For context: wedding in this area average about 12.000-15.000) I firmly stand behind this budget, it should be workable and I think that this is plenty to have a wonderful, meaningful day with the people that matter most. One of my biggest fears however, is that people will judge us for "skimping" on our wedding day and think that we're being cheap, while we're just being responsible. I'm also scared that we won't be able to pull it of and that people will be all "we told you so"... I am really proud of our decision to not conform to the things we don't believe in, but I know that it will be hard sometimes. Just last week, when I told somebody we're engaged, they immediately wanted to see my engagement ring. I don't have one, for multiple reasons - we think wedding rings are plenty, engagement rings aren't customary in Belgium (even though they're gaining popularity), I'm not comfortable wearing expensive jewellery - but the other party just asked: "did he want you to be there to choose it, or is it too expensive right now?" As if those were the only 2 acceptable options! I definitely felt judged, and I felt so even more when we were talking about the budget... I hope that the people who do matter to us, will support us in our decision and that we and our guests will all have a great time!

I wrote this poem as a reminder for when it's though to stick to the budget or when I feel pressured by others to spend more than we have.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
skatergirl1007
« Reply #1191 on: August 13, 2012 12:47:55 PM »

Class: Muggle Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Inkheart Bag
Brief Description: I made this bag out of a grey Cherrywood (a locally died fabric)  and a red Cherrywood. I then drew a heart onto the grey Cherrywood, with the new Stained Sharpies. I really like how it turned out. The colors did not come out well.
Project Picture: 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1192 on: August 13, 2012 12:56:15 PM »

~*Quidditch Committee announces that awards will arrive this evening.*~

The Q.C. is looking over tapes, checking their lists, and polishing up the awards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1193 on: August 13, 2012 02:31:24 PM »

Class: Astronomy
House:Ravenclaw
Project Name: Blue Luna Turtle

I just returned from holiday at Tinworth, Cornwall, near shell cottage-it is such a lovely and magical place, if the opportunity ever presents itself I suggest you go. The days there are wonderful with the perfect breeze washing onto the shore, but the evenings were Particularly lovely.

one evening as I took a seaside stroll I noticed an odd occurrence groups of baby turtles washing ashore... could it be? had I arrived at tinworth at the perfect time? a closer look confirmed it. I had arrived in time to see the rare and beautiful Blue Luna turtle migration- It's believed that these rare turtles are conceived and born during a blue moon, in fact their ties to the blue moon are so strong that they only travel during the blue moon making this a rare sighting indeed.

Class: Charms 
Project Name: Manatee charm

On the last day of my seaside Holiday at Tinsworth I was fortunate to discover a couple of manatees eating sea grass.Using my dualistic camera I was able to create an exact replica to share with you- aren't they lovely?

*dualistic cameras are capable of producing an exact replica of whatever you snap without harming the actual creature, Thus protecting rare and endangered species

Class: Reparo
Project Name: Winged Potions bottle

Being a resourceful and environmentally aware wizard that couldn't quite find the proper spell to get my refrigerator bulb to relight- rather than throw out this broken bulb I decided to refashion it to something more useful -  A potions bottle, One can never have too many potions bottle

Class: Divination
Project Name: Norse Acorn window charm

Many cultures believe acorns to not only be good luck,but brings prosperity, youthfulness and power to ones home when hung in a window- with a bit of magic I created several of these for my windows.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #1194 on: August 13, 2012 02:35:16 PM »

That manatee has the sweetest face. Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clumsy_momma
« Reply #1195 on: August 13, 2012 02:36:40 PM »

ohhh teag!! I love the turtle and manatee. Turtles are one of my favorite animals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1196 on: August 13, 2012 02:41:36 PM »

Thank you Chughes! I just love the way he came out

ohhh teag!! I love the turtle and manatee. Turtles are one of my favorite animals.

Turtles are one of my favorites too- Living in Florida near the gulf of Mexico I have had several opportunities to see manatees in the wild they are truly beautiful and soulful creatures
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1197 on: August 13, 2012 04:35:17 PM »

Teag, I like all of those, but the expression on the manatee's face is the sweetest and best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1198 on: August 13, 2012 05:40:00 PM »

Wow teag, amazing work!

@Naantje: Love the poem!  Crafting words is one of the hardest spells.  And the most amazing & touching weddings I have been to are ones that have been "on-a-budget."  No fears, as long as there is love, then there is no other worries to have.  If someone dares speaks a harsh word or thinks a disparaging thought, then it is because of the sadness within their soul, and not a reflection upon you. 

@skatergirl1007: fab bag....I must get some of those markers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #1199 on: August 13, 2012 06:01:49 PM »

*takes my seat in the great hall awaiting Quidditch results*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Hold a Guitar Pick
How to Turn a Used Vinyl Record Into a Bowl
How to Make a Pop-Up Card
How to Make a Transformers Costume
How to Follow a Sewing Pattern
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...