A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 237890 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1160 on: August 11, 2012 07:25:55 PM »

Quidditch Challenge: Broom
Project: Zoom Zoom! I'm "Writing" with my Broom!
House GRYFFINDOR!!!

I came up with this idea at like 3 am (which, of course, are usually the BEST ideas). I wanted to do a broom project that someone hadn't done before and I've been DYING to try those hot glue wands for a while. So...with some twine and a little paint (which needs a second coat and some sealer Tongue ) and a LOT of hot glue, I give you my Broom Pen!

Quidditch Challenge: KEEPER
Project: Project Linus Submission
House GRYFFINDOR!!!

So I was browsing S.P.E.W, the genius Charity page our wonderful Headmistress put together for us (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412546.0) and I stumbled upon a link called Project Linus. And it collects blankets for children 0-18 that are severely sick. And---I started crying immediately so naturally I contacted the lady in charge of our local branch and I've informed her I will be sending her my submission soon. As a child my blanket went EVERYWHERE with me. I would sit and wait at the washer and dryer crying until mom pulled the thing out adn gave it back to me. I remember rubbing the raw silk binding on it as I fell asleep at night because it soothed me. My Grandmother made it for me and I still have it. My poor "Kee kee" has seen better days I think Cheesy But I believe EVERY child needs a blanket. So this is my submission; one of many.

And.....I did a project that doesn't really fit anywhere Tongue

As I said before I'd been DYING to try those hot glue chop stick wands that are so popular on pinterest now. But I don't really have a USE for chop stick wants so I think: "Hmmz....how can this work for me?" Then EPIPHANY--PEN WANDS. I write all the time and what better utensil to use than my own mini wand?! The ones featured need a second coat of paint and sealant but I thought I'd post them in my excitement! The black one is my version of the Elder wand and the other one is my favorite. It looks like a broken off twig from the whomping willow  Cheesy

I have two ADORABLE things to make for my house pride, my keeper challenge and Snitch challenge and then I think I'll be done! ROAR ROAR GRYFFINDOR!!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012 08:16:18 PM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1161 on: August 11, 2012 08:49:27 PM »

The match is really heating up!

Here are the final two "moves" from this gal:

Quidditch Challenge: Broomstick
House: Slytherin
Description:  I decided to go with the "Inspired by" option listed in the challenge and made Arm Warmers to keep my hands and arms warm but fingers free for Broom holding and Snitch grabbing during practices an matches (if Madam Hooch doesn't disqualify them for having the gold band in them- specifically for to distract the opposing team's Seeker, don't ya know!) I wanted to try out the Red Heart Boutique "Magical" yarns and this project used only one skein so it was a perfect intro to the crazy yarn that comes off the skein in three or four textures and colors. The arm bands are deliberately not identical (kind of an homage to Dobby's socks).  Here's the Pic:

And finally, here's one for Cheer:

Quidditch Challenge: Cheer
House: Slytherin
Description: Using my new-found Needle felting skillz I made a banner to hang above my desk.  The back where the fold is is also a handy pocket to hide stuff, or store ticket stubs from matches.  I did the felting very loose to give it a 3-D effect, and to make it look a bit more substantial.  I actually kind of like it, I didn't think I would.
Pic:

Well, that's my last Quidditch craft.  Now, it's back to the classwork!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1162 on: August 12, 2012 09:04:18 AM »

@FiberAlchemist: Your Yeti head cracked me up! Cheesy

@IsikkahJai: Love the Linus Blanket (makes me happy & joyfully teary)!  Make sure to post a pic in the SPEW too.  Also, your pen wands could qualify for an assignment such as Transfiguration or Herbology.

@Ant Bee: love those mitts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1163 on: August 12, 2012 09:23:21 AM »

Today is the last day of Quidditch!

Complete Quidditch entries must be turned in by the end of today (no reserved posts with pics coming later).

Current Quidditch Standings:
Gryffindor: 7 players & 830 points: average 118.6 points per player
Ravenclaw: 12 players & 1040 points: average 86.7 points per player
Hufflepuff: 4 players & 390 points: average 97.5 points per player
Slytherin: 7 players & 660 points: avergage 94.3 points per player

But there is still time to score for your team!  And new players are still welcome!!! Grin

Cool Tomorrow badges, MVP awards, and Quidditch House Cup will be awarded!

(I'm human so if you find a calculation mistake or if I have missed your project, please PM me, and I'll fix it asap!)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012 10:05:35 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #1164 on: August 12, 2012 09:56:22 AM »

house:gryffendor
class:quiditch/team spirit
project name: lion in colored pencil

origionally i was trying to think of a project in red and gold, but i really wanted to draw, so i went with the lion instead. it's 8 1/2 by 11, and i'm planning to hang it in my son's  room. pottermore says he is a hufflepuff, but maybe he will grow up to be a gryffendor. roar!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
katara
« Reply #1165 on: August 12, 2012 11:59:35 AM »

Class: Quidditch, Snitch
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Felt Snitch Pouch
Brief Description: I'm always searching for my lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm in my handbag so I decided to sew a small pouch from felt to keep it in. It has a wrap-around-button-closure at the back.

Project Picture:

Class: Quidditch, Beater
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Scrapbooking
Brief Description: Yesterday my sister invited me to a scrapbooking workshop, and I decided to go join in the fun! I'm not really into scrapbooking, but seeing that I have 2 shoeboxes full of family photos I might actually give it a go!

Project Picture:

The photos I used were taken 29 years ago Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012 12:05:44 PM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1166 on: August 12, 2012 12:55:08 PM »

Dearest Headmistress pinkleo,
For the enlightenment of our Quidditch teams, what time constitutes "the end of the day" today?  Are we going with a time stamp on the post of midnight, CST?  Or midnight wherever the crafter happens to live? 
Cheers, jennieingram
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1167 on: August 12, 2012 01:00:49 PM »

Challenge: Seeker
Team:Ravenclaw
Project: Snitch Necklace

Being a huge Quidditch fan I love all  things quidditch and subscribe to all the catalogs and fan magazines.
The New Beater and Quaffle catalog came out last month and as soon as I saw this I knew I had to have it!

Crafted by elves with fairy dust, shells, goldstone, Swarovski cystals and a curious muggle clay , polymer I think

Challenge: Broom
Team: Raven Claw
Project: Trophy Brooms

The current catalog also offered these- Actual Quidditch brooms used by some of my favorite players-in real Quidditch matches- Players donate their used and worn brooms to the retired quidditch player fund- the brooms and then reduced in size using the reducio spell and mounted in display cases- as soon as I got mine I enlarged them and took them out for a ride when I was finished I reduced them again and place them back in their display. Not only are they fun but part of the proceeds go to the retired quidditch player fund!

[/img]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #1168 on: August 12, 2012 01:24:06 PM »

@teag - I love the snitch necklace and the Trophy Broom idea is so cool!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1169 on: August 12, 2012 01:28:05 PM »

Dearest Headmistress pinkleo,
For the enlightenment of our Quidditch teams, what time constitutes "the end of the day" today?  Are we going with a time stamp on the post of midnight, CST?  Or midnight wherever the crafter happens to live? 
Cheers, jennieingram

I'm going to be real liberal with this one...

I'll let Quidditch players post completed projects until 5:00 AM CDT (TX time).

...which I know is technically August 13th, but it is right before the beginning of my Monday, August 13th (who am I to deny you the opportunity to stay up all night to craft for a score Wink).   Hope this gives those Quidditch players lost in the clouds the ability to make that last score! Good Luck Players! Grin
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012 01:28:24 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Oscar Winning Locks with Matrix Artistic Director, Ammon Carver
Hair Loss Treatment for Men
How to Get The Bump
How to Get Perfect Hair Color at Home
Double Duty Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...