A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
814 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 235299 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiamatfire
« Reply #1100 on: August 08, 2012 11:45:35 AM »

Awesome, thanks Pinkleo!  I'll definitely whip out a few squares then.  I sooo can't wait for fall semester to start as well, I have some crafts I'm planning on doing, but I'm waiting to see if any will fit with fall semester classes, lol!

Challenge: Beater
Team: Gryffindor
Project name: Quilled Snowflake

Well I've always wanted to try quilling, and now is prime time because it's incredible inexpensive (especially when you borrow everything from the library and use scrap paper) due to budgeting restrictions.  The book I borrowed from the library had a cute little snowflake project which I thought I'd try.  I enjoyed it so much I'm definitely going to make more projects!

It's not glued to anything yet because I don't have the right kind of card stock to make the card.  Next month's allowance!  (My husband and I use an allowance system together, that way there's no bickering about whether it's fair someone bought more craft supplies or video games  Wink)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
chughes225
« Reply #1101 on: August 08, 2012 11:53:48 AM »

What a beautiful snowflake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #1102 on: August 08, 2012 11:57:19 AM »

WOW! I went on vacation for a month and I've already missed 30+ pages of crafts !  Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1103 on: August 08, 2012 12:02:41 PM »

Before I did a project last night I really had to stop and think if I wanted to do it now, or wait until a new HP challenge was announced for next semester.  "What if I could use it for a class project!?!"  ---- LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1104 on: August 08, 2012 01:12:35 PM »

Class: Keeper Challenge
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Secret Santa Hats
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I decided to help out locally since our city has a lot of homeless. The plan is to make as many hats, toques, berets, etc. that I can before Christmas and then hand them out to the needy. There are always homeless sleeping in the parks and on benches downtown so I'd like to leave the wrapped hat next to them and sneak away. So far I have 2 and a half hats! Maybe I should make scarves too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1105 on: August 08, 2012 01:58:14 PM »

Class: Seeker and Broomstick Challenge
Project Name: HP Paper Pieced Quilt

Brief Description: A while back someone posted a link to a Harry Potter quilt with paper pieced blocks.  I bookmarked the page for a rainy day and then decided making a couple blocks for this challenge was a great way to start on the quilt.  I made the snitch and the broom block, the patterns for both are from Fandom in Stitches.

Class: Cheering/Spirit Challenge
Project Name: Ravenclaw Pride Necklace Charm

Brief Description:  I love all the metal stamped necklaces I see around here and on etsy so I decided to have a go at it.  I stamped "ravenclaw" onto a copper disk and added the blue and copper beads.  It's not perfect; but I'm pretty pleased with it since it was my first attempt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1106 on: August 08, 2012 02:09:47 PM »

WOW! I went on vacation for a month and I've already missed 30+ pages of crafts !  Shocked Shocked
I know!!  (I love it!)  Everyone is so fast & fab with their crafty spells, I can't even keep up with comments, which makes me feel a little bad but everyone just needs to know I love everything!

Before I did a project last night I really had to stop and think if I wanted to do it now, or wait until a new HP challenge was announced for next semester.  "What if I could use it for a class project!?!"  ---- LOL
LOL! Cheesy

Well, I can tell you that there will be Detention every semester.....so if you have something in the works prior to the semester and then need inspiration to finish it, you can always submit it to Detention and earn points.

Plus, I'm going to try to get OWL & NEWT submissions up early so y'all can start working on those.  ...more details to come! Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1107 on: August 08, 2012 02:43:17 PM »

Also- does anyone know any Grimm themed boards?  I've been trying to search, but have been unsuccessful.  I'm looking for ideas for Christmas gifts to make for a Grimm obsessed friend (OK, and for me, too.)  Any inspiration would be swell!

Good luck with all the assignments, everyone!

There was a swap I believe

Thanks a bunch, that's exactly what I was hoping for! (Now, why I never found it in my search only Merlin knows...)

I appreciate the help, Eiseldora, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Eiseldora
« Reply #1108 on: August 08, 2012 03:27:28 PM »

I'm a librarian, so i'm trained in finding the elusive information.

I've been under the weather for the past few days. The projects are awesome and you must tell me the name of the book with snowflakes. I love snowflakes, but can't crochet. Maybe I have a chance at paper flakes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1109 on: August 08, 2012 04:05:41 PM »

Also- does anyone know any Grimm themed boards?  I've been trying to search, but have been unsuccessful.  I'm looking for ideas for Christmas gifts to make for a Grimm obsessed friend (OK, and for me, too.)  Any inspiration would be swell!

Good luck with all the assignments, everyone!

There was a swap I believe

Thanks a bunch, that's exactly what I was hoping for! (Now, why I never found it in my search only Merlin knows...)

I appreciate the help, Eiseldora, thanks!

I just got Grimm 1st season (late bday giftie for me).  I can't wait to watch! Grin

I'm a librarian, so i'm trained in finding the elusive information.

I've been under the weather for the past few days. The projects are awesome and you must tell me the name of the book with snowflakes. I love snowflakes, but can't crochet. Maybe I have a chance at paper flakes.
Feel better soon Eiseldora! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Glossy Textured X - Adobe Photoshop
How to Tween - Adobe Flash CS3
How to Create a Digital Firework Part 2/2 - Adobe After Effects
How to use the Displacement Filter - Adobe Photoshop
How to Understand Hexadecimal
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...