A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: website networking/promoting help  (Read 874 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zahoomi
« on: May 11, 2012 10:50:26 AM »

I have a site which is an online marketplace where you can buy and sell handcrafted items.

Besides the usual facebook/pinterest/tumblr/twitter networking any advice on places to advertise? Any particular website or sites? Any popular crafty blogs?

I've found that if I just do giveaways, its usually all the folks looking for the free giveaways who enter and I am not really reaching the people I want to. Any help is appreciated!

Thx
Priya
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ArtChick
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012 01:34:47 PM »

Join in some link parties. Be a guest blogger on another blog. Write crafty articles for various craft-related websites. Leave comments on blogs, as many bloggers will visit your site in return. Try buying some FB ads--I have plenty of crafty friends/biz owners who have gotten great traffic via that route.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012 10:39:53 AM »

You can google "popular craft blogs" and about 60 million entries come up. If you write articles you can also submit them to article farms, they could be picked up by just about anybody looking to fill up their blogs and other news venues. There aren't as many craft forums, by far Craftster is the best anyway.

If your plan is to be the etsy alternative, then you have to be able to explain why buyers and sellers should come to you instead of etsy. Once you get those answers in line, start sending out press releases to every craft magazine and blog you can find. Set up a Squidoo page about it. Post it on your own blog, FB page and etc. Do a search of etsy and see where they show up. Look, they have a youtube, a wiki, online coupons, and more. Do you?

Have you added your business name to all the free listing directories out there? A quick search for "submit your business" brings up a lot of these freebs. Get listed everywhere you can.

If your plan is to become really big, you're going to have to use paid advertising eventually (in conjunction with your other marketing efforts). Start doing your research on that now. Your sellers also have to know that you're capable of bringing in traffic to the site. It sounds to me like you need a more organized and aggressive marketing plan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kodeekins
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012 06:58:14 AM »

Check out wanelo.com! You can "save" your item there. Smiley It is like pinterest but instead of people looking for ideas to gank, people go to Wanelo.com to look for things to buy.

Twitter is a REALLY good resource if you really interact with people on there. Google+ is on the rise. Craft shows and expos are GREAT ways to promote your business. Consider buying ad space on blogs of relevant content. Leave business cards are local coffee shops, ice cream shoppes, stores, parks, community center bulletin boards. Put fliers with a promo code on your neighbors doors or cars at the mall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chainmaille
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012 11:47:36 AM »

It's Better Handmade is a great place to promote you handmade goods! Handmade only though Link in Sig Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Bracelet
How to Make a Panda Mask
How to Make a Lion Mask
How to Make a Turkey Mask
How to Make a Werewolf Mask
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...