A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 307,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
328 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt 5 Gallery  (Read 61176 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2012 08:32:27 AM »

Oh yes, that is a great tree! I love trees!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyLynn98
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2012 12:18:39 PM »

Awww! I cant wait for you to see him in real life. Everyone deserves a little pick me up after a bad week Smiley

Aaand love the diff fabrics used on the trunk of that tree.

Thanks. It's just been such a bad week. My MIL passed away last week so I've been with my husband's family all week. Now, I'm trapped at the Omaha airport on standby, trying to get home SOMETIME today. I probably won't be working a full day tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My zombie gnome was a 2013 Featured Project, my KISS gnomes were an August 2014 Featured Project, and my TARDIS was a February 2016 Featured Project. Thanks for voting for them.

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
fiddlegirl8
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2012 12:29:02 PM »

Thanks. It's just been such a bad week. My MIL passed away last week so I've been with my husband's family all week. Now, I'm trapped at the Omaha airport on standby, trying to get home SOMETIME today. I probably won't be working a full day tomorrow.

Bless your heart, AmyLynn98 - sorry for your loss.  I hope you get home safe and sound really soon! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Thimbles71

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2012 12:44:52 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Amy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FunThreads
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2012 01:52:07 PM »

I don't want anyone to think I'm being rude to their quilt posts so I'm letting you all know that my internet will be cut off tomorrow Cry and won't be reconnected on the other end for about 2 weeks Tongue I'll be able to use my phone to look in on all the new eye candy while traveling but don't guarantee that I'll be able to make posts with it.

Ready or not ==>Texas here we come♥
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2012 01:55:31 PM »

I don't want anyone to think I'm being rude to their quilt posts so I'm letting you all know that my internet will be cut off tomorrow Cry and won't be reconnected on the other end for about 2 weeks Tongue I'll be able to use my phone to look in on all the new eye candy while traveling but don't guarantee that I'll be able to make posts with it.

Good luck with the move funthreads!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the 1/2 way across the country move! Be safe, and God speed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

warpedhooker
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2012 08:21:38 AM »

OOooo, moving where it's hot! If you come this way, I'll wave as you pass through Arkansas.

Jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2012 04:32:14 PM »

I received my mini art quilt from fiddlegirl8 today! I love it - it's right off my wist. I will apologize in advance, I do not claim to be a photographer. The photos do not do the colors justice, please keep that in mind!

Here's a photo of the whole package, wrapped up all pretty: the MAQ for me, an extra for me and one for my grandgirl! Thank you for your generosity fiddlegirl8! Oh, and a map in case I'm ever traveling cross country through Kansas!

Here is the bling for my grandgirl, she will love it! some sparkly fish for her hair (we are both Pisces you know!) and some stick-on rhinestones that she will wear as tattoos!

Here's my extra: a flat water bottle that I can take with me on my bicycle - and it matches my bike perfectly! Fiddlegirl said that she bought one for herself too, have you tried it out yet?

And here is my mini art quilt. I wish the background color was more true to life, it is a lovely green with tiny brown polka dots. Isn't it awesome?!

And here's a closeup of the flowers:

and the back. I love the fabric on the back, too bad you can't see the detail!

Thanks for being an awesome partner Diane - I LOVE my package. If you have better photos, please post them! And thanks to MareMare and pjherbert for being our organizers!

PS - just realized that the original artwork this was based on shows it with the flowers on the bottom with the sprouts on top (upside down). The artwork says they are rainbow seeds with sprouting leaves. I think I now like it better as flowers with stems!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012 04:48:52 PM by playswithneedles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2012 04:54:36 PM »

Playswithneedles was an easy partner to create a MAQ for!  She had lots of GREAT pictures on her wist, and this one caught my eye - but, one small thing - it's a MAQ of seed pods with sprouts!  The MAQ pics are upside down -   The original on PWN's wist was labeled "Growth" and it referred to rainbow seeds.  I like the pods with sprouts name better!  This was really outside my comfort zone - I am all  neat and tidy and want no raw edges. However, the artistry of this mini quilt called for raw edge applique and so I sewed it that way - I loved it when I finished, but I kept thinking along the way, "shouldn't I tuck in those raw edges"!!  I'm so happy you like it - I picked the back fabric first, but it was flowers right side up, so the back side is what the flowers might look like, but the front is actually the seeds sprouting!

Here's some pictures I took before sending.  First, the original artist's MAQ -

My in progress shot (I later removed a few pods - TOO MANY)- I took this picture so if I knocked the pods loose, I could remember how I wanted them placed -

Finished front:

Upclose shot of seed pods - look at that wonky stitching!!  I really had to focus doing circles on my machine!!

IMO, this is the best thing I've ever made for a swap.  I absolutely loved doing it, even though my normal OCD self kinda fought with me at the start up.  I'm glad you like it, playswithneedles!  

The things I sent for your granddaughter were actually for flip flop embellishment, but your ideas are good too!  However she wants to use them!  I was hoping I matched that super looking bicycle you have, with the water bottle.  Yes, I've used mine - when I walk - it's great!  

Thanks for swapping - I had a great time!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012 05:33:27 PM by fiddlegirl8 - Reason: spelling correction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2012 05:25:58 PM »

Thanks for posting the additional photos, those are great!

And I love that depending on my mood, I can display your mini art quilt as seed pods one day, and flowers the next! It is really well done, I must commend you on the binding. I'm going to have to try making my binding a bit wider like yours, I find narrower binding a bit fiddly!

And I love the green background with brown polka dots. I love circles and dots and green and brown are my favorite colors!

And thanks for the clarification on the flip flop embellishments. I'm sure the grandgirl will know right off that is what they are! I still think that she'll be sticking the rhinestones on her arms and face as tattoos  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...