A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 9 :: Summer 2012 GALLERY  (Read 27790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2012 01:17:17 PM »

Orangeknickers, you got so much princess bride stuff! I really should read the book sometime, but I grew up on the movie. Would the book ruin anything for me?

I know some ladies who would so wear those purple kitty ears (ahemmyselfahem).

Gozer, you got spoiled. Love the felt! And the apple butter, lucky lady!

And Gozer, the "space craft" was governmetn testing. I grew up in San Antonio, TX and my friend's dad's secretary's husband was the guy who stepped out of the craft. I met him once. So even before I moved here 6 years ago I wasn't really all that excited about it. Sorry if I killed anything for you. I can kind of see the appeal of it but.. You know. I'll stop now. I'm probably offending someone and that is NOT the point here.

Oh yeah, I  received today. Almost forgot.  Wink
I've decided I LOVE Rubylynns. Damn!

Here you see the vintage Raggedy Ann and Andy fabric she sent me, which is great because I have Raggedy Ann memories. Also there is some local crack aka caramel puffcorn, some vintage supplies (hoops, binding, ricrac, POODLE!), a mix CD of songs from her life, a Hunger Games needle book, and a Owl Hoopla for my wall. I have just the spot for this.

Here we have a vintage pillowcase, a cupcake bunting, one of her favorite summer books by Judy Bloom, some Sublime Stitching patterns, Postcards from her hometown, and some HANDSPUN BFL thread. HANDSPUN THREAD! She is apparently a member of a thrad club and gets some every month. The owl in the first picture was stitched using this stuff. I think I need to look this place up online because that is so awesome!

And because I forgot to shove them in one of the other pictures (because i was shoving them in my mouth) here are the Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal cookies she made me. I might have to make a trip to OH just to get her to make these for me so I can steal the recipe from her head because she refuses to write it down. I think it's a ploy to get me to visit, but I don't think we're going that far any time soon.

Now on to Box 2... I already sent hers today. Just a matter of waiting, now. And stitching on her Box #3...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012 01:22:30 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2012 01:44:37 PM »

Those cookies look delicious! Cheesy

I've got most of what I need for Package 2 on hand now. I have to put one item together, just a matter of finding some quiet time. I made one small little extra that turned out super cute today. I just know gozer will love it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Saintcady
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2012 03:23:46 PM »

My wonderful package from Megzy818 arrived yesterday! Woot! Fun stuff!

First up are favorites: her favorite craft supply, embroidery floss, in her favorite colors, and her favorite accessory, socks. I'll be using both! And we evidently like the same colors.  Cheesy

Craft it: two beautiful beaded necklaces and a lovely anchor cross-stitch, since she loves all things nautical. Excellent work!

Hobbies: A hippo, since she loves/collects hippos, and a book since she's a big reader too. Christopher Moore is an excellent choice; I'm definitely a fan and she picked one I don't have!

Closer to home: Some shells she collected herself, which I'll use when making primitive jewelry this summer, and lovely paper stars.

Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2012 01:36:23 PM »

Orangeknickers, you got so much princess bride stuff! I really should read the book sometime, but I grew up on the movie. Would the book ruin anything for me?

I adore the Princess Bride (no surprise) I'm quite fanatic about the movie and I LOVE the book! It doesn't ruin the movie at all. It's really fun. I've read it a few times and I think it's wonderful... but that's just me.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2012 03:17:44 AM »

Here is my package from Annigirl22!  We are so similar!  I found a use and place for everything from package one, and I'm in love with so many things! I apologize for the somewhat not so good photos.  I have lost the charger cord to my camera that hooks up to my computer.  I could just buy a new one, but I have a lot of fun taking pictures with my 3DS, I just haven't mastered it yet Smiley
I received: 
----pretty angel yarn in orange due to always knitting or crocheting.
----coconut lotion which makes me hungry because it smells so good and that is her "all time fave."
----Seasoning for cooking hobby
----2 beaded bracelets in some of her favorite pretty colors.
----lychees for the sentimental category, still not sure what they are, but I will look into it Smiley
----leather bracelet as a story, from an old friend, passed to a new friend.
----Tom's deoderant, her fave, which smells like burts bees mixed with lavender, and works very well.
----A cute purse she found thrifting, which is exactly like hers--I love the sequin detail Smiley

Now onto the photos:
Group Shot!

Yarn which looks so much better in person than in this photo.

Bracelets:

Seasoning on far right with some of my other seasonings:

Yummy smelling lotion:

Detailing of sequined purse:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.com
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2012 11:48:41 AM »

I've been a slacker on keeping up with the gallery...  So many great packages Smiley  This is pretty cool, getting to learn a little about all of the ladies in the swap.  I can see stalking the "me" packages of people for future swaps...  What a great way to share & spoil at the same time!

What is coconut ice???  I LOVE coconut - haven't heard of this though?

Helena Puck - the bookmark & clips you received from Luanne are so cool!!  Lucky lady Smiley  Thanks for the compliment on the package I sent too Smiley

The package that TroubleT sent to gozer is so great!!  I love every single thing that was included...  especially the funky fabrics.

I only have one word for the package from attienicole: CUTE Smiley  Love everything in this one, too! It doesn't look like your sis is giving back those kitty ears any time soon, annigirl22!  The package you sent in return is so great, too~ Love the grinder jars, great gift!

Looks like OrangeKnickers was also spoiled by Whistley~ Wow!  Hand carved stamps, books AND salt water taffy...  Lucky, luck Smiley

Love the hoop you received, jexxican!  Think that has to be the next thing I start collecting...  I have so much hoop envy every time I look at photos on here...  and those cookies look delicious  mmmm maple mmmmm

The package from Megzy818 to Saintcady is so varied!  Love all of the different things you represented (especially the hippo!)

*whew*  Not going to let that happen again Smiley  Can't wait to see the package 2's!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helena Puck

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2012 04:05:18 PM »

Rubylynns, great package; I love that owl hoop and the bunting, Raggedy Ann and Andy fabric. The sublime Stitchery kits taught me how to embroidery. They are just great. Love the postcards too.

Whistley, I'm envious of that Adventure Book!

AttieNichole, I'm envious of your photography skills. I love oval shadow around bracelets and the bracelets too.

I just have one more purchase to make for the DIY kit before I can send package # 2.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
indigo_roses
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2012 06:23:31 PM »

I received my package from our organizer DV today! I'll post pictures tomorrow.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
annigirl22
Kickin Ass since '89

ninja! or something like that...

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2012 09:44:08 PM »

those oatmeal maple brown sugar cookies look soooo good!

and I love seeing when people make paper stars, they make me smile.

Leechees! they are like peeled grapes! they taste really good. eat them straight outta the can. yum yum. Cheesy I'm also sure there's a muffin recipe floating around somewhere here if you're more partial to baked goods.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
-Richard Bach

feel free to stalk me:
http://pinterest.com/annigirl22/
http://wists.com/annigirl22

I <3 personal swaps, PM me! Wink
rubylynns
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012 05:46:14 AM »

Thanks guys, I've only made those cookies 3 times. I kinda made them up.  I was eating my favorite oatmeal one morning, maple brown sugar, and thought this would make a great cookie.  One day I will get my notes together and write up the recipe. 

I love the paper stars, I've always wanted to make those. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cooking at Boom Noodle
Clay Pot Rice in Hong Kong
Hong Kong Egg Tarts
How to Make Sambal and Coconut Rice
Asian Style Seared Duck Breast
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...