A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 9 :: Summer 2012 GALLERY  (Read 27646 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rubylynns
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012 08:01:05 AM »

hah Jexx you crack me up.  It is always so much more fun on top though isn't it =)

You will not be getting box #2 for a few weeks =) I'm not as on top of things as you are.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012 08:15:13 AM »

I am going to have a serious deiscussion with my partner over the definition of a small.

But seriously, I have been kind of in the middle of a family crisis and Koreena totally spoiled me. I am so glad I did this swap and we are partners. I truly feel like I have made a new friend.

On to the goodies:

Check out the vintage bottle candle holder chandeliers!

She knitted me a mouse thats knitting!

and these awesome rainbow writlets

But these are my favorite. She is on a roller derby team and she made me these cards of her pictures. I love everything about this.

Thank you so much Koreena, you really made me feel special :')
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012 09:00:34 AM »

OOooo, those wristlets are so pretty! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Koreena

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012 10:58:29 AM »

I am so glad I did this swap and we are partners. I truly feel like I have made a new friend.

Yaaay  Grin  Ditto, partner!  I'm glad that I accomplished my plan to make you feel a little spoiled~ You deserve it!

Know what's funny?  I have been impatiently waiting for the gallery to be put up, not realizing that it was here all along...  LOVE the other packages, too!  Nice work everyone!  It looks like we're all getting a little spoiled this time around  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RaraAvis

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012 11:04:02 AM »

That knitted mouse knitting is to cute!

I received an amazing package from aheartofglass yesterday!
Here is the group shot....

Her favorites....
Craft supplies-natural stone beads and jewelery findings, we both make jewelry so these are prefect!
Scent-lavender-she sent lavender mineral bath and dead sea (I have actually been to the dead sea!) mineral soap-they both smell wonderful

Craft it...
Glass coaster with her favorite glass in it....the pictures don't do it justice (I will try to take another pic and post it), the colors are so beautiful in it. I want to use it as a display piece since it seems to pretty to be a coaster!
A Christmas tree ornament-we both love Christmas and sent each other ornaments. I always love getting new ornaments so this is great!

Hobbies...
Movies-She sent my the DVD of Bottle Shock, which I can't wait to watch (It was actually one from my netflix queue that I haven't watched yet)
Music-A Rodrigo y Gabriela CD---I love this CD! I had no idea aheartofglass was also a fan! It seems like we have a lot in common Cheesy
Horses-She sent a cute little stuffed bay horse key chain. Her own horse is a bay.

Closer to home...
Soap and lip balm form a local small business...I can't wait to use the lip balm and the soap smells wonderful.
Cards with water color paintings done by an artist friend of hers-these are beautiful!
Atomic marble that reminds her of graduate school-I had never heard of these, they are colored by gamma radiation, but are not radioactive (thankfully lol). Very cool.

Extras
Yummy chocolate, a sticker, a neat little beaded basket and Guatemalan worry dolls which I will have to try out!

Thank you soooooo much aheartofglass! I really loved everything you sent!!!! Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2012 11:21:49 AM »

What great packages! I like learning about everyone in the swap from what they sent.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
aheartofglass

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2012 12:20:23 PM »

I'm glad you liked your package and everything got there ok RaraAvis!

You've been to the Dead Sea?!  Shocked I would love to make that trip someday!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
HolaKitty

The nectar of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012 01:41:31 PM »

I got my package from Feline2001 today! She hinted that it might have home-made goodies in it so I left work early to get it from the post depot so all her hard work wouldn't go to waste in a humid warehouse!

This is everything!

1. Favourite craft supply - Purple DK Yarn with fancy little sequins. Purple is her favourite colour and she hoards yarn! Cheesy
2. Favourite Animal - Cute little Chimp figurine and orangutan pin from Colchester Zoo.
3. Crafted item - Knit cross body bag made from lovely handspun yard that she received in the last MAF swap! She really loves the yarn because it reminds her of the sea.

4. Crafted item - Lavendar Bath bombs & bath creamers. She said she just recently started doing B&B stuff and I'm so impressed because they smell AMAZING and one of the bombs is successfully fizzing away in my waiting bath Cheesy

5. Favoutie hobby - Cooking, which resulted in a huge tub full of coconut ice.

6. Favourite hobby - Reading & collecting and she sent a book about 1,001 uses for vinegar. Apparently bathing your feet in water and vinegar will keep them from stinking Cheesy
7. Closer to home - Needle felted black cat paperweight since my partner adores her pets, including her long haired black cats.

8. Closer to home - Goodies from Colchester Zoo which is quite close and she and her partner visit often.

9. Extra - Little bag of sweets that Ive never heard of but can't wait to try because they're my partner's favourites!

I love everything...

First of all it is basically like she's psychic because I was just lamenting the fact that I didn't have a small, cross body bag to take on walks when I just want to store a few items like a camera, water bottle, etc.

Also, I nearly included some Lush bath bombs as a favourite of mine but decided against it and I'm glad I did because I'd have been embarassed to send store bought ones when her home-made ones are so awesome. Seriously, I can't begin to describe how amazing my house smells since I opened the box!

I could go on and on but I'll save that as a msg for my partner so as not to bore everyone Cheesy Love everything though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Blog: http://kaylascraftstall.blogspot.com/
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KaylasCraftStall
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kaylatab/
rubylynns
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012 01:57:53 PM »

Everyones packages are so great! I love the knitting mouse, that is to cute! Also the needle felted cat is super cute.  i need to add needle felting to the list of crafts I have to learn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012 02:45:54 PM »

Such awesome packages! I love the geisha cards, so pretty! And the knitting mouse is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smooth Out Your Cellulite With Items from the Kitchen
Ask Essie: What Nail Color to Wear Right Now
How to Get Beachy Waves
The Many Uses of EOS Lip Balm
Roksanda Ilincic Fall 2014 London Fashion Wk Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...