A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 9 :: Summer 2012 GALLERY  (Read 25186 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rubylynns
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012 04:12:49 AM »

What a great start to the gallery! I love the snake its super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saintcady
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012 08:18:37 PM »

The water thing is a tradition I picked up from the Unitarian Church. When you have a big life event or travel somewhere you bring water to add to your vessel (mine's a vase). You can send it out to others, use it as a gesture at other life events (births, weddings, burials, etc). The water is symbolic; when you add it to your vessel it mixes with every drop that was already there. So the water is a total of your life experiences, good and bad. A bit metaphysical, but I've always really liked the sentiment. My vase includes water from my first apartment, the hospital where my son was born, the ocean on my wedding day, the creek where we scattered my dad's ashes, etc. You get the idea.  Smiley  It's just kind of a "we're all in this crazy world together" sort of thing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012 08:50:05 PM »

The water thing is a tradition I picked up from the Unitarian Church. When you have a big life event or travel somewhere you bring water to add to your vessel (mine's a vase). You can send it out to others, use it as a gesture at other life events (births, weddings, burials, etc). The water is symbolic; when you add it to your vessel it mixes with every drop that was already there. So the water is a total of your life experiences, good and bad. A bit metaphysical, but I've always really liked the sentiment. My vase includes water from my first apartment, the hospital where my son was born, the ocean on my wedding day, the creek where we scattered my dad's ashes, etc. You get the idea.  Smiley  It's just kind of a "we're all in this crazy world together" sort of thing. 

That is really neat! I like the symbolism and the idea that we are all connected. Thanks for sharing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
OrangeKnickers
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012 11:05:14 PM »

That is awesome!  I've never heard of sharing water, but I really love the sentiment.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist list

Will do private swaps for keys, cogs, and steampunk goodness.
RaraAvis

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012 10:10:55 AM »

Wow love that snake! I received part of package 1 from aheartofglass...a donation/loan to KIVA.org. I was not familiar with the organization before, but think it is wonderful. It allows people to give loans to entrepreneurs around the word. Thanks aheartofglass!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HolaKitty

The nectar of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012 11:10:53 PM »

That's a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Blog: http://kaylascraftstall.blogspot.com/
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KaylasCraftStall
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kaylatab/
Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012 03:47:06 PM »

I received from HelenaPuck today! She send some great things and she is an awesome letter writer!

There's some treats, favorite drink and candies, although the candies are not in the picture because they are now in my belly.  Wink

A cross-stitch kit.

A wooden seahorse puzzle, a dove cookie cutter, some stamps (the handmade Hello Kitty is so awesome!), a gorgeous mermaid tile pendant and some Hello Kitty erasers.

Books! I love books! I can't wait to read those.

Some handmade cards, and local postcard and card. Some will be framed. *nods*

This is a great way to get to know someone! I'm having so much fun with this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
Helena Puck
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012 06:28:14 PM »

So glad you liked everything! I enjoyed making the stamp for you. I haven't made very many stamps. Refrigerate the Ale-8 before you drink it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012 12:05:40 PM »

Looks like a fun package! What books did you get? And those cards are wonderful. We can all use cards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HolaKitty

The nectar of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012 12:54:43 PM »

When I was in high school I took a road trip with friends down south and in Kentucky we came across ALE81 (which we'd never seen before) and fell in love with it and bought case after case of the stuff. Seeing it posted here brought back so many fun memories! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Blog: http://kaylascraftstall.blogspot.com/
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KaylasCraftStall
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kaylatab/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Patrick
Air Graffiti Wall Takes Street Art Off the Streets
How to Draw Pascal
How to Draw Otto
How to Draw Orihime
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...