A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,573
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 9 :: Summer 2012 GALLERY  (Read 23477 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2012 11:05:11 AM »

umm...or you can make Lychee martinis. just sayin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
annigirl22
Kickin Ass since '89

ninja! or something like that...

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2012 03:22:24 PM »

umm...or you can make Lychee martinis. just sayin.
hmmm... lol. split the difference? save the syrup for martini's and down the lychees right? Wink lol it was a pretty big can after all, ha ha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
-Richard Bach

feel free to stalk me:
http://pinterest.com/annigirl22/
http://wists.com/annigirl22

I <3 personal swaps, PM me! Wink
queenofmarigold
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2012 01:16:41 AM »

I received my awesome first package from ewulotta in Germany this morning, and going through it was so much fun! I got super spoiled, and I can't wait to play with everything. Let me show you what I got Cheesy  (sorry everything is all over the place - I didn't think about categories when I was taking pictures, I couldn't even wait until tomorrow when I could get a shot with good lighting).

Firstly, this adorable hedgehog scrabble-tile necklace (these are one of her favourite crafts). You can see it here modelled by the letter that came with everything! (That paper was really pretty, by the way!)

Then we have another favourite craft, a dream catcher. There is also a ("sentimental") picture of her and her sister imitating a seal. It's such a sweet picture and I can definitely see why she loves it.

Here are some packets of mixed seeds (gardening is one of her new hobbies). I don't know which is which, but one is "Bumble-bee's Happiness" and one is "Bee Feast". Next to that is a clutch from her favourite tutorial (I'm using this one tonight!), the fabric colouring in real life is much better, it's really cute.

Here is Nick Hornby's High Fidelity, one of her favourite novels (apparently it's much better in English than in German!). We both love reading, so this is great. I keep meaning to read this - now I have no excuse! Next to the book is a set of magnetic bookmarks from the city she lives in, Cologne. They represent (from left to right): the local beer, the lovely cathedral, and the 'Crazy Season' carnival held in November.

Tea is her favourite thing to drink, and here is a pack of tea as well as my very own tea wallet! I will have to translate the teabags on the inside to see what is in them, but they smell SO GOOD. I keep sniffing it... hehe.

And, last but not least...

The bottom of the box was filled with treats! I remember eating some Milka chocolate when I visited Germany, and I can't wait to try the rest. I bet they won't last long.

Thanks so much Ewulotta, you spoiled me way too much! I hope you enjoy your package when it arrives. Now I think I need to go make a cup of tea and see if it tastes as good as it smells! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ewulotta
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2012 02:05:56 AM »

I'm glad you like everything!
The carnival season starts in November and goes on until Ash Wednesday Smiley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_Carnival

By the way, I picked up your package from the PO an hour ago. Will post pictures later, have to do some marking first - 20 exam papers have been waiting for quite a while now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
indigo_roses
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2012 03:19:54 PM »

I received my package from DV earlier this week, but my computer's been having some issues so I've only been on from my ipod recently (which I can't upload pics from). However, it's working right now, and I have the photos uploaded, so here you go!

First we have the crafty items... there's a shambala bracelet, as DV lives quite close to the beach (sooo jealous!). She made me a doily for a sentimental item, since her grandmother taught her how to crochet. There's also a wrist band/cup cozy knitted up in the colors of her favorite hockey team.

Next are 2 ATCs she made, along with some ATC supplies.

Finally we have some of her favorite drinks (green chai tea, instant starbucks, and truvia), some silicone molds for making mini cupcakes, and a bracelet bought at her favorite store that has her favorite pattern on it - zebra!

Since DV hasn't had a chance to post pics of the package I sent her, here it is. I made her some notecards, a cup cozy, and a pygmy puff. I also sent along some chocolate (I live close to Hershey), syrup for coffee, tea, crayons, a candle, and fun cupcake cups.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012 03:20:43 PM by indigo_roses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
annigirl22
Kickin Ass since '89

ninja! or something like that...

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2012 04:46:05 PM »

oooo I love the chocolate bars. and what a cute version of that clutch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
-Richard Bach

feel free to stalk me:
http://pinterest.com/annigirl22/
http://wists.com/annigirl22

I <3 personal swaps, PM me! Wink
Craftsunderground
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2012 07:06:08 PM »

Hey, Indigo_Roses,
Did you make your own light box? Your photos look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
indigo_roses
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2012 04:37:09 AM »

Hey, Indigo_Roses,
Did you make your own light box? Your photos look great.

I did, thanks! I used a tutorial on here by the talented noooitaremybirthday .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
rubylynns
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2012 04:38:15 PM »

Be jealous I already received package 2 from Jexxican! I actually got it almost a week ago but its summer and we are lazy and just sit by the pool hah! Here is the amazingness!

She sent me a diy kit, I want to learn to crochet so she sent me lots of yarn, hooks, and 2 little how too books!  The she sent me some of her favorite things some handspun yarn and some feathers.  Then her hobbies gardening, a little flower pot to plant some daisys and my favorite thing in the package the book Sewing For Boys!  I have wanted that book since the day it came out so I can't wait to get working! Thanks Jexx your awesome!

Just one big group picture again because its summer and i'm lazy hah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2012 05:44:24 PM »

Sweet! I love the handspun yarn. That's a skill I'd love to have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Colm Toibin on His Audiobook, New Ways to Kill Your Mother
Author Andrew Zolli Talks About Resilience
Torn Book Trailer
Mann and Ornstein on the Hazards of Partisanship
How to Make Money by Self Publishing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...