A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 315,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 9 :: Summer 2012 GALLERY  (Read 40801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012 08:32:22 PM »

Snake love.
Card love.
Even though I'm not your partners I feel like I'm learning so much about you guys.

Ooh, I need to read Good Omens. I should go put that on my list right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
annigirl22
Kickin Ass since '89

ninja! or something like that...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012 10:24:04 PM »

such beautiful cards! these are great packages. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
-Richard Bach

feel free to stalk me:
http://pinterest.com/annigirl22/
http://wists.com/annigirl22

I <3 personal swaps, PM me! Wink
Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012 09:26:44 AM »

I received from the amazing OrangeKnickers!

Favorites
Yarn in her favorite colors and her favorite accessory - socks!

I'm a yarnie and love socks too!

Craft it
Jewelry - some steampunk key earrings and a music bracelet.

I love them both!

A head wreath for the Renaissance fair

OrangeKnickers is a fan or Renaissance fairs and I have never been to one. There was one near our house that we had plans to go to but time escaped us. This head wreath is beautiful! My little one has been wearing it non stop and I'm going to wear it when I garden. I love it!

Hobbies
Bookmarks!

We are both readers and these bookmarks are so fun! I love them! My favorite is the Harry Potter/Hunger Games mashup one. They are all so perfect!

Collecting - Make up!

I couldn't believe this. I am in desperate need of makeup and OrangeKnickers is a collector of makeup. The colors are all perfect. I can't wait to get dolled up. (As a mom of 3 1/2 it's tough to do sometimes. Wink)

Closer to Home
Pets
OrangeKnickers is a cat person so she made me this sweet little painting.

It is so cute! It has found a home right next to our goldfish tank.

Local
Can you believe Orange took this picture?! It's the wagon photo. This was taken 30 minutes from her home. Beautiful! I just love it!

The picture in the front is an extra she sent - a Steampunk themed piece of art. I love the details on the bird.

I have an awesome partner! I am loving this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012 07:07:25 AM »

Wow! What a great box! The steampunk earrings and that cat painting are my favorites. Lots of personality in that package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aheartofglass
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012 11:15:29 AM »

I received my package from RaraAvis some time ago and am just now getting pics uploaded. This in NO WAY reflects on the package... I've just been slammed with work. and then I *lost* the pictures in one of my appraisal files...

Anyway - on the the fabulousness!!

It was such a big package that I couldn't get a good photo with everything in it for an "overall" so it's in batches:

Hobbies: Cooking - Some lovely wooden spoons! (I love to cook too and agree, you can never have too many!)
Hobbies: Collecting - One of her main collectables are "things from different cultures" as she is an anthropology major. So the little brass buddha is representative of her collecting! (I love this and it sits atop my computer to remind me to find some time for calm)
Favorite: Fashion Brand - Free People - some warm and snuggly socks for the winter - these are so soft and lush it almost makes me wish for cold weather! (ok, not really! but I will enjoy them when the temps take the inevitable plunge!)
Drink: Pomegranate White Tea (wait... do you know me or something?!  Wink we have very similar tastes in many things!)
Favorite: plant! A cute cactus! looks great next to my kitchen sink!
Favorite: Freebie - Burt's Bee's lip balm - mmmmmm. Love this stuff

Closer to home: local - Stunning cards from Canyon CA - these are beautiful!
Closer to home: career - a pencil from the College of Alameda where she works! (This is a great one for me as I still use pencils every day for my work!)
Closer to Home: Holidays - Her favorite holiday - Christmas - These beeswax ornaments are a family tradition! they are lovely and will look awesome on our tree! (I will enjoy them whilst wearing my snuggly socks!)

Craft it: A little needle felted bird! This is so dang cute! I can't believe you've only been doing this craft for a short time! I love this
Craft it: Candle Making - since she was a little girl - a family craft! So cool! I LOVE THESE CANDLES! I use candles all of the time and these will be awesome for special occasions!

Extras!!! Lots of beads and stones and brightly colored bits of glass!!! Yay! And a colorful pouch to tote them in! These will all go to good use in my studio!

Thank you so much RaraAvis! I really, really enjoyed opening each parcel and learning about you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012 01:24:10 PM »

What a nice package! Who would have ever thought to send a cactus! I love it. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
rubylynns
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012 02:31:39 PM »

I got the best box form Jexxican on Saturday! I love everything in it Thank you so much Jexx =)

Hobbies: cooking she sent me tons of samples of breads and dips from Wildtree, I've never heard of it but I can't wait to try it!
Reading: She was telling me about this book as soon as i finish the book I'm reading now I am going to start this one.  It looks so funny.

Favorites: Hoops, we are both hoopers so I had a pretty good feeling there would be hoops in my box =) Also some madlibs.  OMG I love mad libs!  I made my husband do like half the book with me hah!

Craft it:  Check out these wrist warmers, they are amazing.  Not only did she crochet these she also cleaned the fiber spun it and whatever else you do to turn it into yarn.  I don't know all the steps but they are great and I love them! To bad its 95 out and i can't wear them yet hah.  Also check out this little pin cushion, how cute is that little pumpkin?

Closer to home: A kit to make some little puppets for me and my kiddo to do and some fun things from Roswell, where shes from. 

Also some fun little extras!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I *heart* Pintrest

http://pinterest.com/rubylynns/

Follow me on Instagram

https://instagram.com/rubylens/
jexxican
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012 02:54:10 PM »

Some great packages, ladies! I pinned that RenFest head wreath. And those hand dipped candles are GREAT! I remember making those when I was little.

Ruby, you are going to LOVE that book, I promise. It's way F'ed up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Helena Puck
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012 03:07:33 PM »

All your packages look great! I love all the thought that went into everything. What a great idea for a swap, a "me" package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012 03:09:49 PM »

rubylynns, those little candies in the round tin are so yummy! I put the tangerine flavor of that brand in my hubbie's stocking at Christmas and they didn't last the day. Wink

I've received from gozer! My package is so awesome! I'm about to head out to karate so I'll put up picks as soon as I get back.  Cheesy

This swap is so much fun! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Cut Fabric
How to Engrave Your Drinking Glasses
How to Decorate a Shadow Box
How to Tie the Sheet Bend Knot
Where Is the Best Glass Blowing Museum
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...