A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: skanky slips + Teddy Bears + old smokey curtains  (Read 21589 times)
Tags for this thread: anything_but_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LiquidScissors
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2005 03:52:14 PM »

Hey.  I decided to challange myself with this one by using stuffed animals for the main part of my outfit.  I bought THREE large stuffed animals

a old frilly curtain

and a couple old cheap slips

I didn't use one of the slips or the stuffed doggy, but I did use all three bears, and they didnt offer me as much fur as I though they would.
Here is a picture of the unstuffing process (the messiesy thing I have ever done)

after I destuffed them all I un seamed all the seams, which was fun, lots of ripping and hand hurting fun.  I ended up having a bunch of odd sized peices of extremely messy and sneezy bear fur.  I then had to patch work them so they would make bigger peices of fur-fabric, so I could do the design I had in mind.  I liked the idea of a halter with a see thru back, so I did the back with the curtains.
The skirt is assemetrical with the pink and white slips, and the curtains.  There is a fur (rim?) haha, I dont know how to say it, but you can see in the pictures.  I added an bear eye to the halter, and also a bear eye as a button on the skirt.

this is the side view, the back also has corset lacing, with little bows, just so its more adjustable, so that is what the pink ribbon hanging off is.

This is the whole front of the outfit, the halter doesnt look the best on me, because I have a unusually large chest, so it makes me more burley looking.  I think on a normal average women tho however it would look nice. 

this is a close up of the back (sorry its a bit blurry?)

and a close up of the halter, detail and whatnot. 

here is the eyeball button on the skirt.

This was a fun project, I think stuffed animals have more uses then I thought.  I plan on making a purse with the puppy.  This was mostly hand sewn, and then done over with a machine in a couple places.  It reminds me of something a stylish eskimo would wear to a wedding.  haha.

Thanks for looking!

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
muchachaK
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005 05:56:12 PM »

As much as this project worries me--you know, the whole do teddy bears have feelings issue Wink --I am VERY impressed!   What a crack up!  My boyfriend and I are sitting here chuckling out loud.  I was very scared when I saw the photo of your hand reaching into the teddy bear to pull out the stuffing and had NO idea what was coming next Smiley !
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005 05:59:50 PM by muchachaK » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You need a handbag...  www.muchachak.com
momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005 06:16:40 PM »

OMG   

I just have to say that you are amazing.  I have never looked at stuffed animals in that way.  I get rid of so many of the kids animals.  I just hate the little critters.  I may have to rip them apart.

way to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
katmiller79
Peanut Butter Queen

*Mommy is the Peanut Butter Queen*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005 07:58:00 PM »

OMG   

I just have to say that you are amazing.  I have never looked at stuffed animals in that way.  I get rid of so many of the kids animals.  I just hate the little critters.  I may have to rip them apart.

way to go.

ahh the end of the stuffed animal ordeal..
my kid rack em up too! I wish I would have seen this BEFORE i donated that 39 gallon trash bag full of toys to the SA .
 Cheesy ahhhhhh well .. guess I got a good reason to let papa continue bringing home those truck stop crane machine toys Wink
I love the set ! Especially the top! kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM to 4 Kidlets !
gg05
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005 08:09:18 PM »

This is disturbing on so many levels....

BUT I LIKE IT!!!!  Who knew my sons old animals would be in fashion...literally??? Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC Challenge - 9/100
100 Happy Themes ATC Challenge - 1/100
*oops - got sidetracked on these somewhere along the way!*
mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005 09:13:58 PM »

That is vaguely similar to a challenge on Craft Corner Deathmatch on Style Network.  They had to make a hat using stuffed animals (actually, I think it was embellish a hat).  I thought it was a pretty neat idea, although not for the faint of heart or the very young ones!

Very inspired outfit and nicely designed!  Love the creativity too - more, more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005 11:48:42 PM »

Props for being super creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
SapphireWind
Who needs money? My man does DISHES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005 07:56:07 AM »

This gives me an idea for a swing coat, ROFL.  I'm sure some of us recall those patchwork rabbit fur jackets that were all the rage  back in thee day,  he he. Anyway I never liked the length but a patchwork swing coat would look adorable on my daughter Smiley

Christy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shirring Video Tutorial(dress) (Elastic Thread)http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=89421.0
Info About me for swap partners :-)http://home.comcast.net/~sapphirestitches/[/url
starlene

Feed you purse addiction 24/7!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005 11:47:23 AM »

Whoa! How shall we say???Fashion Runwayish!  I just love it!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiquidScissors

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005 08:27:48 PM »

thanks guys, it was really fun to design.  I had a really good idea for the dog originally, but it was too small.  Oh well the three bears worked nicley!  hehe

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Herb Seasoned Chicken Crunch Recipe
Seasoned Oven Baked Fries Recipe
Square Deal Hamburger Recipe
Cheddar Steak Sandwich Recipe
Basic Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...