A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lets Get Foxy now show me your Hooters! Owl and Fox Swap Gallery  (Read 10282 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2012 01:03:54 PM »

Pjr107, is there any way you could look at the original pics you took, and couldn't post, to see if anything was missed?  I really don't remember what all I put in the box.  I finished early, so the box was packed for awhile.  Then, I packed and repacked, trying to find "just the right box."  All that comes to mind is a stained glass owl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjr107
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012 01:58:15 PM »

It is the glass owl.  It's hanging in my window already which it why it's missing from the photos.   Photographing shortly

Pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gotgrey

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012 03:02:08 PM »

After seeing the pics posted, it doesn't look like very much.  I should have made more.  The rock fox was a last minute idea.  I found the rock in my backyard while I was watering, and instantly thought, "That's a fox!"  I'm such a dork, I know.  Wink  I painted the canvas paintings, after looking at real live photographs of a fox and an owl.  Same w/the fox on top of the box. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012 06:08:17 PM »

Wow what a haul pjr107! Grin Great work gotgrey!! Everything is so lovely ^__^ I especially love the stuffed owl and stuffed fox and the owl family picture frames! So cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
pjr107
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2012 06:58:34 PM »

After seeing the pics posted, it doesn't look like very much.  I should have made more.  The rock fox was a last minute idea.  I found the rock in my backyard while I was watering, and instantly thought, "That's a fox!"  I'm such a dork, I know.  Wink  I painted the canvas paintings, after looking at real live photographs of a fox and an owl.  Same w/the fox on top of the box. 

More?!?!?!   I can't keep up with what you made!  I had to shove multiple things in the pictures just so I got everything in there!!!  More *falls over in faint*  can't handle more awesomeness....

and the rock is great! no dorkyness there.  i had to include markers, pencils and oil pastels in my camping gear cause I got the kids hooked on coloring rocks.  I think its fun to pick up a rock rather than just color a coloring book (not that there is anything wrong with them either).  i just get in trouble on the way home cause my DH give me that look and tells me that there is no room in the car for all the rocks we have picked out...
those paintings were great and I'm trying to decide if they should go in my hallway or in my kitchen.  that's more outdoors with all its moose but my hallway is the art gallery.  decisions, decisions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javaannie

Love is in the details.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2012 01:22:47 PM »

I received my package from Whysteria today!
There was a cute little crocheted owl that my daughter has already tried to swipe. There's a bright and cheery owl and a sooo cute little fox. It looks like he lost an ear in transit, but I'm sure I can patch him up. There's drawing of an owl and a cockatiel, which I have 2 of and the drawing looks like our male, Lolo, who is quite the loverboy. Then there is a bracelet with beads that have birds on them. I tried to get a better pic, still not sure if you'll be able to see them. And my favorite, 2 owl charms. The winking one cracks me up. I need some of these without the hooks to go on/in some of the altered houses I'm working on, they would be perfect!

Thanks so much Whysteria!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Javaannie
www.facebook.com/kateandeugene
www.kateandeugene.e tsy.com
With enough caffeine, I could rule the world.
jasminewolverine
Jack of all trades, master of none!

Extrapolate that!

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012 06:15:16 PM »

Holy amazing packages, batman! Totally awesome gallery that is about to get awesomer (even though that's not a word)! Here is the haul I received from WhimsicallyObsessed today!

Super cute fox drawing on the box!

A lovely letter with a bright fox and owl painting! I love the vibrant colors!

Jewelry, hair accessories, and fox and owl stitch markers! I love the hair clip and headband, and the necklaces are too cute. The stitch markers are already in my little stitch marker box Cheesy

A pair of matching paintings! The fox and owl are both 3-d and come off the canvas a bit. I love the framed look with the glittery border!

And last but not least, a crocheted wall hanging! It's hard to pick a favorite item, but I think this would be it. I love the colors and the bohemian style to it. It's crocheted, appliqued, embroidered... a total melange of techniques!

Also included, but not pictured (because they are half eaten already Cheesy) were some amazing homemade mint chocolate cookies! They remind me of Girl Scout thin mint cookies (my fave GS cookies) only much improved!

Thank you so much! I love everything! It was so fun swapping with you and I hope you like everything I mailed your way as much as I enjoyed your box!!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012 08:09:36 PM by jasminewolverine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap for stuff for my lonely, empty walls!
javaannie

Love is in the details.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012 06:46:05 PM »

I am in love with Whims. paintings, I REALLY want a copy of the one she did for the swap avatar!! I am so jealous of people who can draw/paint, because I am worthless at it. Even my stick people leave something to be desired  Tongue.

BTW - I saw someone comment about the towels I made for Whysteria being stitched, but I actually used the citrasolv transfer technique from the Graphics Fairy. It was my first time and the hardest part was finding the right kind of copier/printer (has to be carbon-based toner, not ink-based) to print the image. Then I sowed some black ribbon across the bottom. Here's a little clearer pic of how they turned out. I have to say I was very pleased with myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Javaannie
www.facebook.com/kateandeugene
www.kateandeugene.e tsy.com
With enough caffeine, I could rule the world.
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012 09:53:49 AM »

I received my package from jasminewolverine yesterday and got some pics today.. It was kind of hard seeing as my daughter kicked my DSLR camera onto the floor yesterday and broke the screen on the back >.< So sad about that..... Anyway I managed to get some pictures tho not as good as my usual photos! She made me a Knitting needle case with this super cute owl fabric and using specifications of some needles I have ^_^:

she also made me a cute crochet hook case to match Smiley

and she made me a cute owl pouch full of adorable foxy stitch markers:

and she also got me a TON of extras! 3 packs of Stickers. a magnetic to do list, a poster for my daughter to color that came with stickers and little pencils, an owl clip that I think I will put to use in the kitchen to hold recipes in so I can see it without touching it with messy hands (the photos I took of it and of one of the packs of stickers ended up having too much glare but you can see part of  the owl clip in the middle of the 2nd picture pile of stuff its orange and right next to the stickers that I dont have a photo of) Cheesy, 4 colorful cute owl hair clips, a big box of Almond Butter Toffee (yum) and 3 things of fudge that my husband and daughter devoured LOL

I had a lot of fun crafting for you JasmineWolverine! I'm so glad you like what I made Cheesy I'm going to get tons of use out of what I got from you! Just what I needed to organize all my knitting/yarn stuff!! Thank you so much! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
gotgrey

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012 01:35:53 PM »

I'm lovin' all the foxy owlness goodies!  I see somebody else shopped at JoAnne's.  Wink  There are some seriously talented people on this board!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Nail-Polish "Cocktails & Coconuts"
How To Fix Dry Mascara
Best Beauty Products For Under $15
Expert Shares Quick Fixes For Common Fashion Emergencies
Forget The Beauty Aisle: Skin Fixes From the Fridge
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...