A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,922
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Colour challenge - need help form darling craftsters!  (Read 650 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancingnymph
« on: May 05, 2012 06:18:09 PM »

Hi guys, so here's the deal. The Christmas before last the pipes burst in my bedroom at my parents - on 4 separate occasions, as I only live there over holidays no one realised until it went through to downstairs. Consequently my room is ruined and needs redecorating. Unfortunately the only thing that wasn't destroyed was the hideous green/yellow carpet, which Mum and Dad say is too expensive to replace. My Mother and sister take the approach of making the room bland and painting it 'insert a hundred words for cream/white/magnolia here'. I don't want to do this.

Please give me some ideas! It is a smallish but sunny room and my furniture is all '80s white chunky stuff.

Here is the carpet colour: but with horrid yellowish flecks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yizzimindi
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012 06:11:09 PM »

My first suggestion would be a nice big rug. Pink, yellow or light blue would go nice with that colour. What colours do you like? Are you more into bold or pastel colours? Don't try to hide the carpet under something that you like, but clashes (like red) it just won't end up looking good. A bedspread or quilt with a nice pattern would be good. Pick a large space, like cupboard doors, the bed or the curtains that you can use as a feature to draw your eye away from the carpet. A lampshade is a pretty cheap way to add decoration to your room without cluttering up space. You can decorate it pretty much any way you like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
all4kael
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012 05:56:49 AM »

If you're looking for something uber bold, a nice deep purple would contrast something wicked with that carpet.  You could play it somewhat safe and paint the walls a yellow to match the flecks in the carpet.  I personally would find a happy balance between a green and a yellow in a softer (yet not at all white/beige) tone, like a light olive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BattleAxe
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012 07:54:47 PM »

Question is, what's under the carpet?  Any chance of hardwood floors?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Six Lies About Digital Photography
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 1/2
How to use a light meter
How to Work with Natural light
How to Take Easy baby portraits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...