A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions about masking fluid  (Read 448 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady Hope
« on: May 03, 2012 03:00:47 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me with some questions about masking fluid. I usually do paper crafts or sculptures but I have been venturing out into painting and drawing lately... mostly so I will be able to draw my sculptures in advance and have new techniques for painting them.
I just discovered masking fluid and have used it successfully with watercolours, but I want to try using it with acrylic paints because I have a great idea and prefer acrylics, anyway. (Also, I have no more watercolours and can't spare the money right now, so that doesn't help!! Embarrassed Undecided)

So I have 3 questions:
Can it be painted on top of acrylic paint that has already dried? I have an old canvas with a background already painted...I would like use it, if possible, instead of using a blank one. It is really nice and I have no other use for it right now. (It is the inspiration for my great idea!)
Does anyone have a good website or resource about using masking fluid with acrylic paints?
Can it be used with watercolour pencils?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Craftster Friends,
Three years ago, I was much younger and dumber and I flaked on a few swaps. I am back and I promise to make it up to everyone I hurt. I had been flaked on a couple of times, and I know how cra**y it feels. I am really sorry.
Stefani
chek101
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013 07:31:21 AM »

Hi,

This post is almost a year old but maybe you will be sent a heads up notice telling you have a reply.  Probably by now you have it all worked out if not here's my take on this. Go ahead and try it! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I see no reason why it can't be painted on top of a previously dried acrylic paint. I haven't tried it myself but it is something I would do if I needed to do it for whatever reason .I think it will work. Once you remove the mask and the painting underneath shows just paint that area over in whatever color you want there. It should work for you. Let me know how it goes...or went.
chek
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thanksgiving Burritos
How to Make Thanksgiving Frittata
How to Make Holiday Side Dishes
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 1
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...