A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap Round 6 (Signups CLOSED; Sendouts 5/31/12) SWAP COMPLETE!  (Read 13695 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 03, 2012 07:38:38 AM »

Bead Soup Swap - Round 6 GALLERY!

Swap name: Bead Soup Swap - Round 6
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: jennieingram
Sign-up date range: 5/3/12-5/19/12
Date to send item by: 5/31/12

Limited to a certain number of people: 20

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

This swap is designed to be very fast, very simple, and flake free.  As such, I reserve the right to refuse anyone. If you have feedback that shows a history of incomplete packages, late sending, ill-communication, lack of DC #'s, etc. I will refuse you.

For those of you who haven't seen one before, the Bead Soup Swap is a way for you to pass on some quality beads that you have, but might not have a use for, to someone who can use them, and a way for you to get some new goodies for your stash at the same time.

The specifics:

~This round is "nearly-seedless & acrylic-free".  This is because almost no one actually asks for seed beads or acrylic beads, but people always want to get rid of them.  I am allowing people to mention that they have them, but in order to sign up, you MUST be WILLING and ABLE to send your partner 1 cup of beads they will like, WITHOUT including plastic or seed beads.  If you cannot do this, please do not sign up.  It is unfair to dump unwanted beads on someone else, and expect great stuff in return.
~This swap requires you to send your partner 1 cup of bead & 1 small/medium handcrafted item that appeals to their interests
~This round is open to international swappers
~This round you may choose to have either 1 or 2 parters.  (First time swappers are limited to 1 partner.)

In this swap each participant is required to send a minimum of 1 full cup of "average sized" (about 5-8mm) beads to their partner, as well as one Small-Medium crafted item inspired by your partners interests. Sending more beads is allowed if you wish, but only after checking with your partner, so no one accidentally feels slighted.  It is left to partners to decide the fairness/quantity on swapping other sized beads, like super tiny or giant over-sized ones, or including items like findings, charms and buttons, so you can work out a fair "trade" for everyone involved.

The Small-Medium sized crafted item should be a gift for your partner like a simple bracelet, a beaded bookmark, or 1-2 pairs of earrings. These crafted components should be kept small so that you have enough time to craft, as well as pack and send out, in a short period of time.  

Additionally, this swap is slightly different in its setup than most others.  After filling out your questionnaire, I will match givers up to receivers.  This means that I will try to find a good home for the types of beads you HAVE, and I will try to find someone who has the kinds of beads YOU would like to use.  Often, this means you are not sending to and receiving from the same person.  Because of that, I tend to be strict on how questionnaires are filled out.  Incomplete questionnaires will be sent back until they are filled out properly.   Tongue  Trust me, after running 5 rounds of this swap, it's best this way because everyone is more likely to end up with a package they love!   Cheesy

I must stress that this swap is NOT a way to dump bags of plastic pony beads on someone else, and receive Swarovski crystal and semi-precious stone in return.  Believe me, NO ONE signs up for these swaps asking for plastic/acrylic beads.  You must be willing to share nice beads with your partners, that they will enjoy, if you hope to get nice things in return.  

For a wonderful swap experience, communication is always the key.  Please keep in touch with your partners.  Stop into the thread for a quick hello, or if youre going away or will be without internet access or anything of the sort, just post a message.  If your partner goes missing, please let the swap organizer know as soon as possible!

Once partners have been assigned, you may pick beads, craft your items, and send as early as you wish.  This swap, like all others on Craftster, requires the use of DC#s.  As soon as you ship, YOU MUST PM the organizer and your partner to tell them, as well as provide DC#s.  Please label your PM "SENT: Bead Soup Rd. 6".  When you receive, you MUST PM again your partner and organizer again, please label this one "RECEIVED: Bead Soup Swap".

Finally a note about questionnaires. You MUST include DETAILED information about what kinds of beads you wish to share in your questionnaire so that I can match you up with the best possible partner, and to help your partner to design something for you.  I do not expect you to tell me you have "exactly 478 4mm sky blue round glass beads, 15 flower charms ranging from 14-25mm, and 32 1" dark green glass leaves and 14 1/2" light green glass leaves".  Instead say something like "I have lots of small light blue glass beads.  A few pewter flower charms, and some really pretty glass leaves."  

In your preferences, writing things like Oh, I like everything, is NOT HELPFUL.  I will send back questionnaires that are poorly filled out.  Be sure to include a link to your wist or pinterest if you have one!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Bead Soup Swap Round 6
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:

Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (Please consider this option as it will be a VERY small package you are sending!)

Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Confirm that you understand that a Delivery Confirmation number is REQUIRED  for this swap: (yes/no)

Would you like to have one partner, or two? (First time swappers are limited to 1 partner.)

REMEMBER WHEN FILLING THIS OUT, FOR THE BEST PARTNERING YOU MUST BE SPECIFIC IN WHAT YOU HAVE AND WHAT YOU WANT.

What is/are your favorite color(s)?
What are your favorite colors to use in beading? (You might love purple tees, but have no use for purple beads!)
Favorite metallics or spacer beads? (gold, silver, gunmetal, copper, antiqued gold/bronze, etc.)
What kinds of beads to do you wish to receive? (Glass, crystal, stone, seed, wood, plastic, polymer clay, etc.)

What types of beads do you NOT wish to receive?

What kinds of beads do you have that you'd like to share?
What kinds of jewelry/crafts do you like to make? (earrings, strung bead necklaces, charm bracelets, junk jewelry, hemp necklaces, tree of life pendants, sun catchers, etc.)
Do you use charms, spacers, buttons, etc. in your beading/jewelry making?

What kind of jewelry do you wear the most?
Do you have pierced ears?
Favorite bracelet length?
Favorite necklace length?
Favorite jewelry metal? (Gold, silver, copper, etc.)
Do you have any jewelry based allergies? (Sensitive ears, etc?)

What are some of your interests other than beading?  (Other crafts, favorite books, favorite movies/music, etc.)
Do you want to include anything else, that perhaps you have too much of, in your swapping?  (For example, did you inherited a box of 5,000 clasps, and want to share some?)
Are you in desperate need of something else, like earring wires or clasps?
Do you have a Wist or Pinterest?
Is there anything else you'd like your partner to know about you?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012 06:29:24 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012 07:38:55 AM »

Swappers
1. jennieingram
2. xmissmayhemx
3. v3nu5
4. wx2dzug*
5. lissablair*
6. crassy_mcnasty*
7. calixita
8. cackle
9. Abbeeroad*
10. watch_it_break*
11. pinkleo
12. Onyxnox*
13. ceemonster
14. Killam Creative
15. Tero*
16. iliveonarainbow

PARTNERS:  SENDER ---> RECEIVER
jennieingram ---> lissablair
xmissmayhemx ---> watch_it_break
v3nu5 ---> wx2dzug
lissablair ---> iliveonarainbow
lissablair ---> crassy_mcnasty
wx2dzug ---> Abbeeroad
wx2dzug ---> cackle
crassy_mcnasty ---> watch_it_break
crassy_mcnasty ---> lissablair

calixita ---> Tero
cackle ---> Tero
Abbeeroad ---> calixita
Abbeeroad ---> ceemonster
watch_it_break ---> xmissmayhemx
watch_it_break ---> onyxnox

pinkleo ---> crassy_mcnasty
onyxnox ---> v3nu5
ceemonster ---> Abbeeroad
Killam Creative ---> jennieingram
iliveonarainbow ---> wx2dzug
Tero ---> pinkleo
Tero ---> Killam Creative

* = Two Partners

Status Colors
SENDING:
Green = Sent
Orange = Sending Late with Communication
Red = LATE, NO COMMUNICATION, CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY!

RECEIVING:
Blue = Received (but haven't POSTED yet)
Purple = Received & Posted

Strikethrough = Feedback Given
GLOWING RED=NEGATIVE FEEDBACK
 (I don't really think this group will need this category!   Kiss)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012 06:28:08 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012 08:32:41 AM »

so very tempting!! ahh why are there awesome swaps showing up when I'm in the midst of CRAFT DOOOOOM lol

I love the part you have at it about the pony beads! hahaha of course nobody wants to sign up to swap for that! I mean they have their uses (not in my jewelry though! haha)  but you can get those things at the freakin dollar store! I sure hope that doesnt happen for anyone who signs up that would be sad..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012 09:27:41 AM »

Hmmmm, let me think on it.  I am trying to stick to small, light postage swaps to be a bit more budget friendly, but it is hard for me to say no to a big helping of a good, hearty soup...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012 11:40:51 AM »

Oooh, I need to go through my stash and see what I have. Cheesy I've been looking forward to this swap like this for awhile...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
Serenthia
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012 11:22:57 PM »

I will most likely be signing up! I just need to go through my bead box Smiley I havent swapped for a while and this seems like a good way to get back into it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012 06:14:08 AM »

Hi Onyx! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012 07:49:46 AM »

Hi Cheesy

Just thinking about this swap makes me itch to bead some more.  But I have been playing with paper and resin.  Hmmm, I should combine them all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012 01:35:42 PM »

Have been waiting a year for this, yay! <3 Sending in my questionnaire at least by tonight. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012 09:07:10 AM »

Oh heck.  I think I am in.  Will fill out my questionnaire later in the week Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use the Color Balance Coach in 5 steps
The Camray 600 from Aurora - Review
How to use the White Beam Disk for White Balancing on Video Camera
The Studio Coach Portfolio
How to Achieve the Glamour Look in Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...