A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage swap Sign ups May 2 to May 30 Send outs July 10th  (Read 10859 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alatarial
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2012 12:56:32 PM »

Went thrifting yesterday and found a nice little shop where the jewelry was 50% off! Needless to say, my partner will be receiving some nice brooches Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/elenc/

Will personal swap! Please, PM me!
zuliblu
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2012 04:01:37 PM »

So many ideas!! I have narrowed down to a few, but as usual I will probably go overboard  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahelise
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2012 08:19:04 PM »

I tried to resist the pull of the local yarn store... alas, it won again.  On the fabulous side, the yarn is gorgeous and the project I'm using it with is turning out ah-mazing!  If only my fingers weren't cramping. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I had a needle and thread, fine as I could sew, I'd sew my true love to my side, and down the creek

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sarahelise41/
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahschar
scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2012 11:54:02 PM »

Wow you guys are putting me to shame. I havnt started crafting yet but I have found my partner some cute extras.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alatarial
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2012 03:27:00 PM »

This isn't swap-related, but I think you guys would appreciate this...

This morning, I spotted a thrift store that I'd never been to before and decided to look around. I didn't find anything I liked, but on the way out, some gloves in the glass case caught my eye. I asked to see the gloves (actually, it was a box full of vintage gloves), and fell in love with an obviously never worn, over-the-elbow, Kid gloves. They were so soft and just beautiful...and still in the original packaging. So I bought them (they were $3). Anyways, I did a little research and found out that these gloves were made in the mid 1900's! I've never owned anything so old before!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/elenc/

Will personal swap! Please, PM me!
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2012 08:41:59 PM »

Having a bit of a hard time trying to narrow down my ideas....I am happily overwhelmed! Still need to find a few items to round out the project list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
How Lovely
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2012 07:27:24 AM »

I haven't started crafting yet either Scarlet Nights, but it is only the first! I've worked out my list of things I'm going to attempt Smiley I wanted to get started this weekend, but it ended up being consumed by errands and the start of my new degree Smiley But hopefully Monday morning will see me back organised! I did get a guide to Osu Kanon though, which is apparently where the thrift stores are Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm sweet... Like too much sugar in your tea
~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Pins: www.pinterest.com/howlovely
Store: www.etsy.com/shop/NostOWLgia
theatreorchid
Craftssassin

Just kill him with your awesome.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2012 11:48:56 AM »

I'm done with the easy part on my big project...I don't know what it is, but I have a strange compulsion to try out new techniques when I'm crafting on a deadline, hehe.  Swaps, contests, school assignments back in the day-they're all fair game for my crafty mad scientist act!  It's looking exactly how I wanted, though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proxima
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2012 02:19:10 PM »

This isn't swap-related, but I think you guys would appreciate this...

This morning, I spotted a thrift store that I'd never been to before and decided to look around. I didn't find anything I liked, but on the way out, some gloves in the glass case caught my eye. I asked to see the gloves (actually, it was a box full of vintage gloves), and fell in love with an obviously never worn, over-the-elbow, Kid gloves. They were so soft and just beautiful...and still in the original packaging. So I bought them (they were $3). Anyways, I did a little research and found out that these gloves were made in the mid 1900's! I've never owned anything so old before!

Wow, I'm totally envious! That's an amazing buy.  Cheesy I recently got a retro Kayser corset/bralet for 1,5 USD, but it's definitely not older than a few decades back, at best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Walking through the glass of mirror,
going to most distant star,
looking for the higher tenor,
journey leading far and far.
AMYoung3
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2012 08:46:59 AM »

Almost done with my first craft, and I'm definitely happy I spent all of my last semester ceramics working on relief carving because carving poly clay is harder than stoneware, but it turned out good. Trying to figure out how to start the next projects now...decisions decisions
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Eliminate the impossible, Watson, and whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...