A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: May 2012 Birthday Swap  (Read 2153 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 01, 2012 06:38:00 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408017.0

Swap name: May 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: May 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

**You have ONE WEEK after being approved for this swap in which to make your first claim!**

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408017.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:    Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM TroubleT by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put May Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:
Proper label:
"May Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received PMs include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by May 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items

--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen

--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.

--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):
Name of swap: May 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408017.0   Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- May 2012 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408017.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

January 2012 Swap Discussion and Gallery
February 2012 Birthday List
February 2012 Swap Discussion and Gallery
March 2012 Birthday List
March 2012 Birthday Swap Gallery
April 2012 Birthday List
April 2012 Swap Discussion and Gallery

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012 11:09:07 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012 06:41:39 PM »

Birthday Swappers (outstanding claims, claims in transit, claims received)
phoenixfiredesigns FOC - May 16 - (0,0,4) receiving 2 gifts
gerbilgalFOC - May 2 - (0,0,4) receiving 3 gifts
DesignVigilante FOC - May 25- (0,0,3) receiving 4 gifts
zzdia FOC - May 25- (0,0,2) receiving 2 gifts
Mrs Shak - May 9 -(1,0,0) receiving 2 gifts
Kagetherage - First Time Swapper! Cheesy - May 29 - (0,0,1) receiving 3 gifts

Non-Birthday Swappers
TroubleT - (0,0,3)
Lynnz232 - (0,0,1)

Claims
Sent
Received
Late w/ comm.
Contact organizer ASAP

Send by May 16
phoenixfiredesigns to DesignVigilante for a Under a Full Moon Tree of Life Pendant
zzdia to phoenixfiredesigns for a crochet pinterest item
TroubleT to zzdia for a newsboy hat
DesignVigilante to gerbilgal for Handspun Yarn

May 17
phoenixfiredesigns to zzdia for a jewelry pinterest surprise
Mrs Shak to DesignVigilante for a fabric ice cream bowl holder
gerbilgal to Mrs Shak for Surprise me with a necklace

May 21
Lynnz232 to Mrs. Shak for Jewerly Suprise from MRS SHAK's pinterest  & Halloween Bracelet

May 22

phoenixfiredesigns to gerbilgal for a necklace with a rodent theme

May 24
DesignVigilante to phoenixfiredesigns for a Knit/Crochet item from her pinterest

May 27

gerbilgal to DesignVigilante for Big Bang Theory inspired Wall Art

May 28

zzdia to DesignVigilante for a Pacman hoopla

June 4
TroubleT to gerbilgal for a Pinterest surprise

June 7
DesignVigilante to Kagetherage for a birthday surprise

June 8
phoenixfiredesigns to Kagetherage for some kinda of jewelry surprise
gerbilgal to Kagetherage for a jewelry necklace or two
Kagetherage to phoenixfiredesigns for a birthday SURPRISE
TroubleT to DesignVigilante for a pinterest surprise

June 14
gerbilgal to phoenixfiredesigns for "Anything with a phoenix"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012 06:23:46 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012 02:55:56 PM »

Hello fellow May babies!!  Cheesy

About Me
34 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. Healing and healthy after major surgery October 5th last year. Engaged as of 12/25/11! Grin

It's my 35th birthday on May 16th. With all my medical problems last year, this is reason to celebrate! Grin

• My favorite colors are jewel tones (like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber) or earth tones (like greens/browns together).
  • My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy.
  • My favorite colors for shirts/clothes are browns, greens, purples, and both heather and charcoal greys.
  • I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together
  • I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.)
  • My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes.
  • My favorite flower is the Daffodil.
  • My favorite movie is Back to the Future
  • My favorite hobbies include: reading, photography and I love all things Disney!

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

Crafty Wishes

Grin = BIG WISH!

Sewing
-- A simple robe. I really like this kimono style. Doesn't have to be exactly like that but I like the Japanese/Asian/Cherry Blossom influence, but it could be other colors/patterns and fabrics that I like as well. Doesn't need to be form-fitting, can be a little roomy. I'm generally a US size 4 and can send measurements!

Grin Grin -- DSLR Camera Bag Examples are HERE (To fit a Canon EOS Rebel XS) HUGE MASSIVE WISH!

Grin  -- DSLR Camera Strap I have some examples HERE

Grin -- Mircowave/Ice Cream Bowl Potholder. OMG this is brilliant! (Would ultimately like 2; one for me and one for Love.)

Grin -- Quilted Table/Buffet Runner. I have an antique butler's chest/buffet sideboard that's about 54" in length and I would love something like this to put on the top as a runner to protect it. This pattern is very nice and the colors are good, though it could be more brown/blue or more earthy as well.

-- Reusable fabric produce bag This is great! I hate wasting a plastic bag for one or two apples.

--Sewing Surprise There are tons of sewn things on my pinterest as well!

Knitting & Crochet
-- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference. There are some wisted here for inspiration. (And yes, thick ones for around the house are perfect too!)

--Crochet Parasol. It's so pretty! Can be rainbow, or tones of blues, or blues/browns, or purples or earthy (greens/browns) colors. I just love this idea in general!

-- GORGOUS Knit Shrug. I love cables. I'm sure this is massively huge, but I love it so much I'm putting it on the list anyway. LOL

-- Knit or Crochet Wist Item - You can find more items HERE on my knit/crochet pin board.

Embellished Clothing (Dyed, Embroidered, Screenprinted, etc.)
INFO FOR ALL TEES: Fitted styles only please! If Misses, size small. If Jr's size medium. I like jewel tones for shirts (emerald green, amethyst purple, turquoise, aqua) plus browns and greys best. Short sleeve or 3/4 sleeve. Scoop or V-neck best (but not so low I have to wear another shirt under it please!) I like Target's Mossimo shirts a lot but other brands are good too.

-- Grin Decorated/Screnprinted/Stenciled/Bleach Pen/Embroidered Fitted T-Shirts Could be in many styles/colors based on my likes or shirt inspiration.

--  Grin Batik/Dyed/Ombre/ "Shibori-Dyed" Fitted Tee Shirts Could be in many styles/colors based on my likes or shirt inspiration.

-- Galaxy Shirt! I love this. I think either black tee, dark navy blue or dark purple tee is best for the base shirt color. I can't be around bleach (allergic to the vapors) so I can't make this for myself but I'd love someone to make one for me!!

-- Bleach Pen Tees Could be in many styles/colors based on my likes or shirt inspiration.

--Embroidered Shirt I really like this idea. Doesn't have to be exact but I think that's a great place to start. Maybe flowers, trees, branches, etc.? Front back, both - I just like this idea a lot.

Glass, Ceramics, Pottery, Etc.
Grin -- Ceramic Sponge Holder I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. The idea is so useful and the glaze is beautiful!

-- Ceramic Ramekin Bowls Like this or this. Could use some little bowls for dipping sauces, etc.

-- Ceramic Oversized Soup Mug I've got several I love pinned here.

-- Ceramic/Pottery Spoon Rest I have a few examples here but really anything earthy, or blues, or natural type glazes would be wonderful.

-- Apple Tree Fused Glass Nightlight It's so cute!

--Something Stained Glass I love stained glass. A little window decoration, a nightlight, a decorative piece - I think stained glass is so pretty. I have some pieces wisted here for inspiration.

--  Ceramic/pottery wish/surprise item Examples of glass items HERE and ceramic items HERE

Hoopla, Embroidery, Needlework
--Gil The Crab Art/Hoopla We have a Honda Element. And there were these awesomely funny commercials featuring a crab named Gil who wanted to pinch. (Youtube: I pinch!) We laugh about them still. So maybe art, or a hoop or something with Gil saying, "I pinch!" with the Element next to it like the commercial. It would just be really funny. (Our Element is this color if you want to make it match.) You could just screenshot the Element with Gil standing next to it with him saying, "I pinch!" or something. That would be awesome! Cheesy Like THIS EXAMPLE

-- Window Watching Kitty Hoopla **BUT** with my cat, Mika as the inspiration. Like THIS. (Basically short haired cat, not long haired.) Mika is always sitting and looking out the patio doors, so this is perfect.

-- Dreamfinder Balloon Hoopla I would love something in the style of this but more based on the Dreamfinder balloon. This is from Journey Into Imagination which was my ABSOLUTE favorite ride as a kid at Disney.

-- Needle felted Peeps Bunny Pattern available here. Yellow or pink would be great!

-- "M" Hoopla I love the font, the detail, everything about this example.

-- Bat Hoopla like this. He's so cute! (And Halloween or not, I'd totally keep him around all year!)

-- Hoopla Surprise I've been pinning some so take a peek and see if you get inspired!

--Needlecraft Surprise I have a bunch of assorted items both stitched and embroidered pinned here which can be used as an inspiration.

Other
 -- Grin Grin Chibi Marty or Doc BttF Plush. Probably bigger than a medium, but I want to list it anyway. Craftster member Noxika makes these awesome plush (like this and this) and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE one made of Marty McFly or Doc Brown from Back to the Future. Can't you just imagine how awesome a Marty with his orange "life vest" jacket or Doc with his wild hair in this style plush would be??

-- White Birch Tree Art I love white birch. They used to be all around in PA when I was a kid but they don't grow here. I have examples I love HERE on my art pin board.

-- Hand carved rubber stamps Here's some I really like: penguin, owl, fox, tree, another fox, cat tea cup or Totoro etc.

-- Anything Back to the Future Inspired It's seriously my favorite movie of all time. DeLorean time machine items, shirts with logos/slogans/products from the films, Doc or Marty things - I just love those films!!

--  Anything with a phoenix. I LOVE the phoenix and there's not nearly enough phoenix-related things in the world or my life. You can check out my  phoenix pinned items as inspiration.

-- Adorable Owl Plush just like these! OMG, I love how cute they are and how soft they look and the colors and how they're smiling...!

.. last but not least ...

-- SURPRISE ME! Look at my my pinterest or my amazon wishlist, my etsy favorites, the colors I like, my favorite animals, or my favorite flower, etc. and see what you can make that you think I'd like!

Craft Supplies
Craft supply packages are great! Gently used supplies are fine too!

-- Grin Grin Silicone Plastique so I can make my own flexible molds. THIS IS A MASSIVELY HUGE SUPPLY WISH!!!

-- Grin Grin Cuttlebug / Sizzix / Sepllbinders embossing folders or dies for cutting! Just got a Cuttlebug and want a bunch!! I've got some favorites listed HERE. Used is fine!

-- Grin Cuttlebug Adapter Plate so I can use other brands of dies.

-- Bone Folder I've meant to get one of these forever but just never seem to. Doesn't have to be this brand, this is just the first one I found for example.

-- Button Maker I think it'd be fun to make my own buttons. Some sort of starter kit would be great. I've never made any before. Can totally be used/pre-owned!

-- Grin Grin Metal alphabet stamps A-Z letters upper and/or lowercase. I have a hammer and anvil but need the stamps!

-- Grin Grin Metal number stamps 0-9. I have a hammer and anvil but need the stamps!

-- Grin Metal stamping blanks Once I get the stamps, I need pre-cut shape tags to stamp on!

-- Grin Grin Standing Torso Mannequin like this so I could use it as a "model" when photographing my jewelry. I could REALLY use something like this!

-- "M" Wax seal stamp Like this this or this.

-- Anywhere on the Page Punches These are great! I love the heart starry sky and snow flurries.

Extras

--  Grin Grin Pineapple anything so long as it does NOT have coconut in it. (Candy, snacks, candles, body spray, etc.) Finding pure, straight pineapple is so hard!
 -- Beading/Wire-Wrapping/Jewelry magazines (esp ones with projects/tutorials)
 -- Candies! (whatever neat little treats you enjoy, send 'em my way. I love candy)
 -- Chocolate! (white, milk or dark) No coconut or coffee flavors please.

Thanks in advance to whomever picks me! Grin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012 10:14:30 AM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012 04:03:24 PM »

Hi! Happy Birthday to all my fellow May Babies! Cheesy My name is Diana and I will turn 25 on May 25th. I live in Southern California with my hubby of 4 years and my two small dogs Georgie and Sophie.
    I have extremely sensitive skin, so only handmade/hypoallergenic/all natural bath & beauty products.
    I'm mildly allergic to wool- I can hold it in my hands but if it's not the really soft stuff like merino, it gets a little itchy when I wear it.
    I'm definitely allergic to all mohair and alpaca. Again though, I CAN hold it in my hands to spin fiber but I can't wear it myself.
    I definitely do not like the smell of smoke and the hubby is allergic to cats (but a passover with a lint roller should be fine).
    Pink is my absolute favorite color, followed by reds, purples, and blues. Not so much green, yellow, or orange (unless they are bright like lime green or sea foam green). My favorite color schemes are pink-black-white, gray-red, gray-pink, red-black-white, blue-black-white, pink-blue. My favorite designs/patterns are plaid, argyle, stars, polka dots, stripes.
    If there's anything else you would like to know about me, feel free to ask! Cheesy

Crafted Items
--->Sewn

--->Yarn & Fiber

--->Needle Crafts
--->Jewelry

--->Bath & Beauty
*Vanilla, Oatmeal, Honey, Citrus, Aloe, Shea, green tea, coconut, fruity scents
-handmade chopsticks, soap bars, sugar lip scrubs, salt foot scrubs, sugar hand scrubs greatly appreciated!

--->Big Bang Theory inspired Wall Art
--->Video Game inspired Wall Art (especially Mario and Left 4 Dead)

Supplies

Extras
  • Diet friendly cookies and snacks.
  • not so diet friendly cookie and snacks Wink
  • Loose Leaf tea - all kinds, especially black, chai, and red
  • CBTL coffee cups
  • Coffee mugs (especially if it has something to do with your country or state!)

For more inspiration, check out my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/designvigilante/[/list]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012 11:25:57 AM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012 05:29:18 PM »

I'm Aida and I'm from the Philippines. I'm turning 24 on the 25th. I love geeky things, musicals, music in general (I play the piano, flute, and some guitar), art, books. I'm computer programmer, so I also appreciate humor tending towards the nerdy, programming side. I tend to hoard notebooks and pens and art supplies. My favorite colors are greens and blues (from something like emerald green to bluish greens and deep blues and dark shades. Not a huge fan of the lighter shades of the colors, except maybe turquoise) and earth tones like browns and greys and autumn reds. You can check out my Craftster profile and also my favorites board on pinterest to see some of my favorite things.

I have no allergies

pinterest: http://pinterest.com/zzdia

Crafted Items:
         *** thank you TroubleT for claiming me for a newsboy hat! ***
          *** thank you phoenixfiredesigns for claiming me for a jewelry pinterest surprise! ***
         *** thank you Mrs Shak for claiming me for an earcuff! ***
Supplies:
  • post-it notes in a variety of colors!
  • Lion Brand Homespun yarn in Nouveau #338
  • shadow boxes
  • an A5-sized foam board? Could be smaller, just larger than 9"x12". I want to try drawing with foam board as the backing.
  • calligraphy set (would love to learn calligraphy)
  • alphabet beads (I need a bunch of I's, P's, S's, and O's for a group of friends)
  • watercolor paper (would really, really love some of these because it's really hard to find a decent pad that isn't super expensive here)
  • colored pens or color pencils (I love art supplies)
  • jewelry wire
  • thin silver chain (I always seem to use up a lot)
  • watercolor paintbrushes (can never have too much and I would love a detail brush)
  • anything from my pinterest supply board (http://pinterest.com/zzdia/supplies/)
Extras:
  • postcards (I'm thinking of starting a postcard collection)
  • caramels
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 11:12:12 PM by zzdia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012 06:30:07 PM »

Hello May Birthday's!

My name is Diane. My birthday is May 2. I live near Cleveland Ohio up by Lake Erie. I live with my BF. I have 12 gerbils and a little hamster. I am a bowler, computer geek and a sci-fi nut like Star Trek, Doctor Who. I love taking pictures and make mini movies of my pets. I am on Weight Watchers. I love to knit. Been knitting for over 20+ years.  I am sensitive to nuts and raisins. My favorite colors are the nice earth tones. Did I mention that I love gerbils?  Grin

I am also a big collector of comic books. I have a huge collection. House of Mystery, Doom Patrol, Groo, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Flash, Iron Man (from the movies) are my favorite characters.

http://www.wists.com/gerbilgal
http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal
http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
http://hhgerbilry.com/mygerbils.html

Crafted Items
-- handmade soaps
-- necklaces (16 to 20 inches)
-- necklace with rodent theme
-- case for a small cell phone (Under 6 inches)
-- case for a small camera (under 6 inches)
-- case for my Kindle Fire
-- anything with gerbils, hamsters or mice. Love rodents!
-- anything you think I'd like by looking at my Pinterest or wist! Link is my my profile.
-- wooden toys for my gerbils (non toxic paint or no paint)
-- eye mask for sleeping
-- knitted or crochet washcloths
-- Polyclay charms/pendants shaped like gerbils, mice or hamster, squirrels, hedgehogs.
-- pillow cases
-- Hand spun yarn (gerbil colors)
-- gerbil or hamster cozies (Size about 4.5 inches x 8 inches)
-- new journal
-- organizer for my double pointed needles
-- organizer for my circular needles
-- organizer for crochet hooks
-- earrings, pierced
-- eyeglass case
-- surprise gift - Nightmare Before Christmas - Ghost Dog Zero is my favorite -any medium you like
-- surprise gift - Something about my favorite comic book characters
-- stained glass gerbil would be awesome!

Supplies
-- Fabric: fabric rements to make gerbil cozies. Any scrap fabric would be ok. My friend makes them for me.
-- Buttons, 1/2 inch black shank or 1/2 round black 6mm
-- Used cardboard tube mailers cut to 6 inch by 3 inch estimate or something similiar.
-- Empty toliet paper or paper towel rolls.
-- Animal Craft noses. Small size.
-- Small balls of worsted yarn that you don't want anymore
-- pendants - mice, hamster, hedgehogs, squirrels, rabbits. Any cute critter that I put on necklaces.
-- Jewelry Findings - Clasps and Toggle Sets for necklaces
-- Ribbon Yarn - New and used

Extras
-- Loose Black tea (Like the Teavana teas or Celestial Seasonings)
-- something from my wisty/pinterest surprise, maybe?
-- postcards (for my collection. Maybe from your area?)
-- rodent knick knacks
-- Diet friendly cookies and snacks.
-- anything from my pinterest
-- water bottle and holders for hamsters and gerbils. See under Pets in my Pinterest. I could use another one or two.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012 08:15:47 PM by gerbilgal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
Mrs Shak
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012 01:21:44 PM »

Hi I'm Kari from Wisconsin and I'll be 39 on the 9th. I'm a bartender and live with my hubby and three kids. I used to know what my likes and dislikes are but Crafster has changed all of that. The second I say I don't like a color combo (or the like) I see someone's craft and I love it. In general I like either dark, natural or bright and intense colors, pastels don't thrill me.

Halloween is a big deal at our house as well as gardening and cooking. My kids are very active in sports so I'm on the go a lot.

Allergies: I am allergic to wool touching my skin (lined hats, etc are fine), cats: if you have 25 of them and they took turn sleeping on/in the item, eucalyptus, patchouli, shellfish.

Unless specified, please use everything on this list as inspiration as I don't need exact duplicates of items I've linked to.

Fiber Arts
Escorgot hat (brown and burgundy or bright green) http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224235690708/
Knit Picks bare sock yarn (2 skeins)
potholders
mug rugs (brown, tan beiges)
5" US2 DPN (for socks)
stitch markers
tape measure
Surprise me with any accessories, yarn or item made

Needle Arts
Halloween themed needle art in the style of the link http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224236060585/
Surprise me with a hoop that reflects where you live

Fabric Arts
Small ironing board cover http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224236023826/
Mini design boards (4-6 please) http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224235475557/
meat popscicle tee http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224235755081/
potholders
mug rugs (brown, tan beiges)
pattern keeper http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224236066330/
Teesha Moore inspired items (patches, bags, journal)
bags, I love bags with pockets
Surprise me with something you can't live without when sewing
fabric, I'm not picky but I do love FQs

Clay Arts
Moon necklace (polymer clay) http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224235755737/
leaf shawl pin http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224235576234/
herbal trivet http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224236065385/
   http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224236065394/
mortar and pestle  http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224236065516/
   http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224236065519/
   http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224236065522/
polymer clay supplies (I have clay I just need some molds/tools to help me out)
Surprise me with a necklace (16"-20") Thank you gerbilgal

Jewelry Arts
bead witch http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224235755719/
wire string doll necklace http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224235655720/
Jack o lantern charm bracelet (either scary or cute is fine) http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224235655730/
rock paper scissors necklace http://pinterest.com/pin/159948224235729148/
clasps, hairpins, french hook earrings, jump rings and other findings (silver please)
shrinky dinks (plain)
Surprise me with a necklace (16"-20")
Surprise me with earrings

Other
Surprise me with:
anything Halloween
Psych, 5th Element, Nightmare Before Christmas, John Cusack, Dropkick Murphys/Flogging Molly related
geocaching
items off of my Pinterest
a meal planner
bartending/alcohol related
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012 06:38:15 PM by Mrs Shak » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funny, I don't remember being absentminded...

I need a skein (two would be great) of Knit Picks Gloss Bare sock weight to finish a shawl.

My Pinterest
Kagetherage
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012 07:15:41 PM »

Hello everyone! I hope I'm not too late! My birthday is May 29th and i will be turning 25. I'm a nerdy girl who live in las vegas, Nevada with too many interests to count so ill just throw a few around. Ive never swapped before so I'm open to a swap in any kind of media. I'm not allergic to anything either!

plushies, jewelery ,hat, scarves... Sew, knit, weave, sculpt, wire whatever it is you do I'd love to see it! I wear a large.
I love videogames
*rpgs...final fantasy, Zelda etc.
My favorite animal is a fox. my favorite colors are blueish/greens, black and orange. i also love rainbows.
 I like zombies, pirates.
 I like argyle? and chocolate!
I like steampunk, aquatic themes (octopus, seahorses, mermaids), I also spin fire poi and am part of a fire performing troupe who will be performing at burningman.
I love adventure time, hungergames, harry potter
I love wire wrap jewelry but really anything will do, leather wrap bracelets.
Things to organize my life are always good cause i feel like everything is everywhere all the time @.@
um I like lavender?

Sorry hope it's not too vague!Ii like too much stuff!!! I guess i haven't tailored down my crafting interests yet but i hope this is enough to go off of for now.... I can't wait to see what you come up it! thanks! <3 <3 <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...