A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,938
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Over 30 Geezer-licious Geezer Swap Round 5 (signups CLOSED/send July 30)  (Read 38946 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

VegasZombie
Random? Random is good

You are what you is

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2012 10:01:51 AM »

Checking in. Nothing has gone as planned this week, but it will all work out. Live & learn, right? ha ha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for personal swaps!

Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/vegaszombie/
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2012 11:49:12 AM »

Checking in. Nothing has gone as planned this week, but it will all work out. Live & learn, right? ha ha

No stresses on this swap. It is just supposed to be fun. Wink

And just so you know, late is my middle name.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2012 11:51:21 AM »

Definitely!  Hopefully the long crafting time has helped make it as stress free as possible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2012 07:14:25 PM »

Huh  I just knew I posted on here this afternoon, but can't find it anywhere now.  Anyway, I have to find some velcro which I know I have somewhere!  and then try to get someone to go to the post office for me, because I'm totally lost up here and couldn't find my way out of a paper bag, and I won't drive up here.  It's been a rotten day for me.  I'm homesick for Pensacola, and even rearranging my sewing area yesterday didn't help me (I used to have a sewing ROOM).  Well, I should mail on Monday.  I wanted my daughter to post pictures of the great stuff Miss Barbara sent me, but she's too busy with other stuff I guess.  (see, I am in a lousy mood!)  opps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
littlefawnpug

Happy Howl-idays

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2012 08:50:34 PM »

and then try to get someone to go to the post office for me, because I'm totally lost up here and couldn't find my way out of a paper bag, and I won't drive up here.

You need to do what I do.  I go to the usps website and print a shipping label there, then I schedule to have a postal worker pick up the package on my porch.  We moved and the post office closest to our house is closed on saterdays, and mailing during the week isnt possible due to hubbys work and one vehicle.  So, I always mail packages this way nowdays.  And honestly its so much nicer since I dont have to waste gas money driving to the post and I dont have to wait in any crazy long lines either. 

Anyways, I had planned to be done crafting and to mail the package earlier but, due to certain circumstances that have arose I will be mailing on the sendout deadline.  I have however done lots of crafting yesterday and today and I am certain that VegasZombie will love her package.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Are you good at painting?  I would love some hand painted paintings of Pugs.  PM me and lets talk about a swap!  Smiley

~If someone tells you that your putting too much peanut butter on your bread, stop talking to them.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
PurplePaisley
« Reply #365 on: July 27, 2012 08:57:39 AM »

my plan is to get in the mail on Monday. THe last final details have held me up. Not because they are difficult or time consuming. Just because I have been L A Z Y.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: July 27, 2012 08:59:52 AM »

and then try to get someone to go to the post office for me, because I'm totally lost up here and couldn't find my way out of a paper bag, and I won't drive up here.

You need to do what I do.  I go to the usps website and print a shipping label there, then I schedule to have a postal worker pick up the package on my porch.  We moved and the post office closest to our house is closed on saterdays, and mailing during the week isnt possible due to hubbys work and one vehicle.  So, I always mail packages this way nowdays.  And honestly its so much nicer since I dont have to waste gas money driving to the post and I dont have to wait in any crazy long lines either. 

Anyways, I had planned to be done crafting and to mail the package earlier but, due to certain circumstances that have arose I will be mailing on the sendout deadline.  I have however done lots of crafting yesterday and today and I am certain that VegasZombie will love her package.  Smiley

See this sounds like a great idea, except it would not work very well here at my home.

Our mail carrier is nuts. No, I really mean it. For years, we have been getting other neighbors mail from the next street over. There are only five streets in my town, how can you miss it? We used to keep copies of old utility bills because sometimes we would go months without receiving a new bill. We were not the only ones in the neighborhood either. Many neighbors did the same thing.  The best though was when she drove the tenth of a mile down a dirt road to our house, successfully left a package on the front porch and then promptly ran into the fence in an half acre empty field.

I kid you not.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Happy Howl-idays

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #367 on: July 27, 2012 05:49:31 PM »

See this sounds like a great idea, except it would not work very well here at my home.

Our mail carrier is nuts. No, I really mean it. For years, we have been getting other neighbors mail from the next street over. There are only five streets in my town, how can you miss it? We used to keep copies of old utility bills because sometimes we would go months without receiving a new bill. We were not the only ones in the neighborhood either. Many neighbors did the same thing.  The best though was when she drove the tenth of a mile down a dirt road to our house, successfully left a package on the front porch and then promptly ran into the fence in an half acre empty field.

I kid you not.  Shocked

Ah, that sucks.  I know in the past weve had some bizarre mailmen.  One, I would watch totally skip our street.  We would have the red flag up on our mail box.  He park on the corner-deliver to the other street, then instead of walking down our street, hed look down it then hop in his truck and leave.  Sheesh, I know delivering mail takes time-but really skipping the whole street!  We'd go 3 days and have no mail then suddenly on the 4th day we have a mail box full.  The last mail man we had was a lovely older gentlman.  So nice and polite.  He actually said he was sad to see us moving because I had always so polite to him when he would deliver our mail. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Are you good at painting?  I would love some hand painted paintings of Pugs.  PM me and lets talk about a swap!  Smiley

~If someone tells you that your putting too much peanut butter on your bread, stop talking to them.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
adrienne_bowers
« Reply #368 on: July 30, 2012 10:34:00 AM »

I'll be a bit late sending.   Had some issues with my sewing machine this week and I finally got it working again so now I have to hustle to get this done!!   GRRRR      Sorry partner!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #369 on: July 30, 2012 12:29:43 PM »

I mailed finally.  It was more stressful than sewing (I can sew 10 hours a day, day after day...I love it)  I could not get to the postoffice, my daughter couldnt mail it, and her friend (the only other person I know up here) had a doctor appt out somewhere and chemo tomarrow, so I put it in a heavy recycled envelope, taped it obsessively and dropped it in the mail box outside.  I know, no DC number, but circumstances just were rotten.  and the diet coke machine was empty, so I had to get a Mtn Dew so I could get change so I can do laundry.  Sugar=no no.  oh well.  Maybe I'll leave the laundry and take a nap instead!!  Out of all the things wrong with my day, being unable to buy a Diet Coke is the WORST!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a 10 Layer Monster Burger
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Mastering the Perfect Omelette
Spam Championship: Shoulder Pork Ham Is a Big Deal, Apparently
Sausage and Peppers Po-Boy Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...