A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
753 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Squirrel's End miniature goblin pub *Warning: bazillion pics*  (Read 12523 times)
Tags for this thread: miniature , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

charlieandwillow

Professional viking-tamer & bear-wrangler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012 12:36:12 PM »

Holy f-ing bananas Batman. This is AWESOME beyond all words. I want to be a teeny tiny goblin and pop in for a pint. Your attention to detail is phenomenal. It reminds me of the country pub I used to work in back home in the UK.

There's Strongbow coasters on this table. If you ever take me to a real pub you should note that THAT is my drink of choice.

If you are ever in a pub that has Stowford Press, you HAVE to try it. It's a much nicer cider, made be a real family owned cider press (Weston's) only a few miles from Hereford (where 'bow is from)

BF is Brian Froud and Wendy is his wife. They are my very favourite modern faerie artists. (Wendy actually worked on the team that created Yoda as well as the puppets for The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth) They have a book coming out very soon all about goblins.

**BONUS useless fact of the day** The name Wendy was 'invented' by JM Barrie. It never existed until Peter Pan.

**Bonus bonus fact**
Brian and Wendy are Toby's (the baby in Labyrinth) mum and dad. The baby originally cast freaked out at the goblin puppets, but because Toby is a Froud and therefore had been surrounded by faeries and elves and goblins from birth he didn't get worried by them.  Bonus bonus bonus fact? The character was originally called Freddie, but Toby wouldn't respond to it so the name was changed. Bonus bonus bonus bonus fact? Toby grew up to work with the Henson company, probably most notably as a puppeteer, and was involved with the Scissor Sisters stage show that included large Henson puppets.

Me = complete Labyrinth dork. Mmhmm. *nods*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012 03:20:19 PM »

As usual I am blown away by your work.  Love
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012 06:54:32 AM »

Good lord! Look at all the little freaking detail in that thing!!! Amazing work. Makes me wish I was small enough to fit inside and explore all the tiny treasures Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Video Game Swap: Crafting

Can't swap? I do commissions too Wink
kimchery
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012 01:09:29 PM »

This is incredible, so detailed, yet so lifelike.  I love the explanations of items used,....  otherwise I would have never known the crafting of the toilet was aided with the use of a Q-tip.  Putting things in places you can barely see, like the gum and the rude gesture, what an idea....  I tried to look at certain things, such as the stones made of egg cartons.... they just look like stone to me.  I can't imagine what you do to those egg cartons to make them look like that, but it must be a process... Wow.  The outside, the inside... everything is perfectly deatiled.   
  If I ever tried to do such work, I'm sure I would self destruct.  My brain is not wired for such planning that I'm sure this involves.  Its amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GypsyFire
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012 02:56:07 PM »

OMG this is so beautiful, unbelievable so awesome big props!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love art and all things Dia de los Muertos. I'm obsessed with Frida, Sugar Skulls, La Catrina. I am the owner and creator of ArteSultana, Mixed Media Mexican Inspired Art. I can be found online or at craft shows =)
garnet gray
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2012 03:49:13 AM »

I love it all, but esp the tiny twig chairs, for some reason,,,,, cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Richelle88
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2012 04:19:40 AM »

Wow! You make the most beautiful things
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My english isn't always correct, so excuse me :p
dustyfro
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2012 07:25:41 PM »

That is amazing!  I have been dreaming of making a dollhouse or something miniature as a new hobby/a hobby I haven't done since I was 7 and you've given me SO MUCH INSPIRATION!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Book reviews and blog:  http://froregon.blogspot.com
wists list: http://www.wists.com/froregon

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2012 09:01:58 PM »

Thanks so much everyone Smiley Your nice comments really do mean a lot.

If I ever tried to do such work, I'm sure I would self destruct.  My brain is not wired for such planning that I'm sure this involves.  Its amazing.

I pinky swear that you would not destruct if you made a wee house. And the planning involved is really just making loads of notes while the kid is at his swim lesson. You'll find that the more stuff you make, the more ideas pop into your head. I don't really plan any of it... I just sort of gather all of my materials and see what happens  Tongue

If you are ever in a pub that has Stowford Press, you HAVE to try it. It's a much nicer cider, made be a real family owned cider press (Weston's) only a few miles from Hereford (where 'bow is from)

Hopefully I'll make it to England in a year or two when I will absolutely keep my eye out for this! I am a cider nut. I'm happy it reminded you of a pub you worked at... I took a lot of inspiration from past Brit pub visits. Actually one of the names that I thought I might use was "Ye Hole in Ye Wall" which is the name of an actual pub we went to in Liverpool.

That is amazing!  I have been dreaming of making a dollhouse or something miniature as a new hobby/a hobby I haven't done since I was 7 and you've given me SO MUCH INSPIRATION!

Do it! Do it! You'll want to pull your hair out at times but take your time and put it aside when you need to and you'll create something grand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012 12:01:15 PM »

wow, so much detail--so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Panoramic Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Museum Scene
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...