A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: May 2012 Ongoing Pinterest Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 10853 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012 01:52:17 PM »

Thanks, Mel, for your input. I was just about to post too! Here's what I had to say, basically repeating everything MissMel just said...

I'm kinda interested in this swap, don't know if I'd really be able to craft this month though. Questions though: Do you have to claim someone (I most likely would of course, but just asking)? Likewise, it's not guarranteed that someone will claim you is it? Just a little confused on the whole setup of this thing. It sounds like fun though!
If you sign up for this swap, you have to make at least one "claim," for which you have 2 weeks to craft for. You can make the claim through the last day of the month, so you can technically have 2 weeks into June to craft. It is possible for someone to not be claimed, but I don't think it has been an issue in any pinterest swap yet. As the organizers, we highlight people who claim more than they have been claimed, encouraging people to claim them. Just make sure you have lots of different mediums on your pinterest and that it's pretty decently filled out. The more inspiration people have to choose from, the more they will be inspired. Usually we have a lot more people than this signing up and claiming by now. I think May is just a busy month for a lot of people?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012 09:44:55 AM »

I want to finish my April claims before I make May claims.  I always try to claim people who haven't been claimed at the end of the month Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012 10:31:52 AM »

This thread has been awfully quiet compared to previous threads Tongue Or maybe its just me checking in too much XD lol, working on my claim Wink Shall be ready to send soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
Saintcady
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012 04:19:22 PM »

Ok, just signed up. Hello, all!
I really like this swap because it's so flexible. I've been doing it since November and don't think I've ever not been claimed. Usually, it's not too big a problem. That being said, I do try to only claim people who haven't been claimed, or people who have made more claims than they've been chosen for. I'll probably only have time for one or two this month, but I just couldn't resist.

Jexxican, I might consider changing the picture to a Pinterest-related one, but that's just me. I did scan the swaps list several times before spotting it though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Critter10

Losing my sanity one day at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012 07:52:49 PM »

missmelmarie, Thanks a bunch for the info. Have to get through a few things right now, but I'm definately considering joining and then claiming near the end of the month. Will probably send in questionarre tommorow. Fun, fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Critter10/
Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. Mischief Managed.
~Anyone can accomplish any task with no limits and constant encouragement.
~There is no such thing as trash, only future craft supplies that no one has claimed.
jexxican

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012 08:22:42 PM »

I just sent my April claims today and I think I am ready to make a claim for this month. I just hope I have the right fabrics for it.

Jexxican, I might consider changing the picture to a Pinterest-related one, but that's just me. I did scan the swaps list several times before spotting it though.
Thank you for the feedback. It is Pinterest related, see it's a giant PIN made of PINS, but it's not the logo or anything. Here I was trying to clever. I should stop that. Let's see what else I can find. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012 08:22:52 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Saintcady
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012 11:28:56 AM »

It is Pinterest related, see it's a giant PIN made of PINS, but it's not the logo or anything. Here I was trying to clever. I should stop that. Let's see what else I can find. Thanks again!

Oh, I totally got it once I spotted it! Just, my eyes slide by it when I was looking for Pinterest. I'm excessively visual, I guess. I don't even read the swap names unless I really have to; I'm always drawn to the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennilocker
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012 06:22:33 PM »

Planning on mailing out lindys claim tomorrow. Now I must find someone else to claim!! I love pinterest shopping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmelmarie
I just want to make it all!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012 12:28:28 AM »

You are super quick Cheesy or maybe I am just super slow, I think I will be able to claim in another day or 2, I'll have some space on my plate clear I think Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.pinterest.com/missmelmarie03

I would gladly participate in personal swaps
KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012 09:33:49 AM »

I have been debating signing up this month, but I think I need to sit it out. I am finishing my last April claim, and I have another swap to finish up. And, with two surgeries scheduled next week ( dad and my dog), and then having to work 9 days in a row, I wont even have time until May 28. So... Ill be ready for June! Sorry to sit this month out,  but totally looking forward to getting back into it in June!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Narrow Quilt Borders
How to Make Rope Bangle Bracelets
How to Make Fashionable Leather Cuff Bracelets
How to Display a Button Collection
How to Make Yarn-Embellished Cards
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...