A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: May 2012 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 3115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 01, 2012 04:49:31 AM »

Swap name: Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: Mrs Shak
Sign-up date range: 1 May 2012 to 31 May 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your pinterest site.  If you don't have a pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM one of the organizers your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the April swap, please do not sign up until you send.  You will not be accepted.  Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=407970.0 Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for.  You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim and send.  Also send a PM to the organizer and your sender when you receive.  You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims.  Please include the swap name and month in your subject line!  Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from.  If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.  

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins.  

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO BOTH ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: May Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012 08:35:35 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012 04:56:48 AM »

Swap Participants
(2) Jexxican 2/0/2
(3) MoonlitSun 1/0/1
(2) lindyv321 1/0/1
(1) Mrs Shak 1/0/1
(3) Jennilocker 1/0/1
(2) missmelmarie 1/0/1
(1) Saintcady 3/0/3
(1) craftaddiction 2/0/2
(2) bunny1kenobi 4/0/4
(1) beefishie 2/1/1
(1) VegasZombie 1/0/1
(1) critter10 1/0/1
(1) Geek 1/0/1
(1) bowlordie 1/0/1

Claims:
Sent
Received
Late with communication
CONTACT ORGANIZER
Due May 16th
Mrs Shak --> MoonlitSun for wire wrap ear cuffs

Due May 17th
Jennilocker --> Lindyv321 for something from her felt wants board

Due May 19th
MoonlitSun --> missmelmarie for some crochet peeps

Due May 21
Jexxican --> Jennilocker for a needle book (+?)

Due May 22
Saintcady --> MrsShak for a crochet hat

Due May 23
Bunny1kenobi --> Lindyv321 for some jewelry

Due May 24
Saintcady --> MoonlitSun for jewelry supplies

Due May 25
Saintcady --> MoonlitSun for non-jewelry supplies
missmelmarie --> jexxican for knit throw pillow

Due May 26
beefishie --> craftaddiction for t-shirt yarn

Due May 27
bunny1kenobi --> VegasZombie for Cute zombie cross stitch

Due May 28
Vegas Zombie --> Jennilocker for an owl tote

Due May 29
Lindyv321 --> Geek for Snitch bracelet or necklace and fabric FQ
bowlordie --> dolphinwind10 for Luna Lovegood earrings and Dobby ami

Due May 31
Beefishie --> Saintcady for mug charms

Due June 1
Craftaddiction --> missmelmarie for crochet mop cover

Due June 2
bunny1kenobi --> beefishie for bias tape, dishwasher sign, and maybe more

Due June 5
jexxican --> bunny1kenobi for Iron Man Wristers, Lunch money cuff

Due June 8
Dolphinwind10 --> Jennilocker for Button Monogram letters/art

Due June 11
Craftaddiction  --> Bunny1kenobi for boot cuffs.
bunny1kenobi --> bowlordie for hoop earring holder and Pinterest surprise

Due June 14
Geek --> Jexxican for something for the kids
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012 05:11:42 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

jexxican

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012 05:05:05 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Jessie. I live in Roswell, NM, USA.

I am a SAHM to a 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and a new baby. They all love to get stuff in swaps as much as I do. Here is the link to my Pinterest board specifically for my kids, though I'm sure you can find inspiration for them on some of my other boards as well: http://pinterest.com/jexxican/little-people/ Need info for sizing or anything just ask!

No allergies. I do have a cat and a dog, though unless you're making something for them I guess it doesn't matter too much, does it?

Not really any major dislikes. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic.

As for the whole pinterest thing: All of my boards are open to interpretation, though I would really not like anything from the "If I wore jewelry" board because I really don't wear jewelry, though like I said, feel free to be inspired by it. The same with my "art" board, really. I don't have a lot of wall space, though I do have a hoopla wall so feel free to make something for that. I prefer function to form. I would really rather get something that is inspired by something on my boards rather than an exact duplicate. Supplies are cool, but I am kind of trying to destash a little. Except my fiber. For some reason I'm trying to build a stash there, so if you want to send me something from my "Fibery Awesomeness" board you would be my best friend. "Supplies" off of my "Books" board would be super., too. Wink
http://pinterest.com/jexxican

Colors and tastes: I wear a lot of blue, but like purples. Relaxing they are. I also really dig fall colors, being a redhead and all. I already mentioned I'm pretty eclectic elsewhere. I'm not usually very girly. Russ is all boy and LOVES orange. Alice is a girly tom-boy. And my husband is straight up nerd. The board "Nerdery" is all about him. I think that's all there is to us. Feel free to be inspired to create for any of us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012 08:14:11 AM »

Hi all! My name’s Arzeena and am currently a science-studying student. While I love Maths and chemistry, crafting help keeps me sane! I live on a small island called Mauritius, just a dot on the world map! Cheesy
I don’t have any particular allergies you need to be wary of, but I don’t really like the smell of cigarette smoke
For some info on me: My fav colours include silver and purple, but I kinda like grey and black for clothes. I love stripes, and anything nature-related (my pinterest has much of nature-inspired things ^_^) All boards are free for inspiration, except the “Tutorials to remember” board.
My Pinterest link: http://pinterest.com/moonlitsun/
Totally okay to receive supply items ^_^
Oh, and i do prefer useful items to purely decorative ones Smiley

Thanks for claiming me ^_^
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012 10:49:54 AM by MoonlitSun » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012 04:52:33 PM »

Hey guys, I am Lindy and I live in Arizona with my boyfriend, two kids, dogs and cats.  We just bought our first home in June and I have been having all kinds of fun decorating!

My honey doesn't "get" crafted items so don't worry about him  Wink  My kids are Adia (11) and Landon (7) who have their own board and would love anything from it. Adia's room is neon pink and black and white zebra striped even though her favorite colors are blue and green.  She loves stuffed animals, kittens, Justin Bieber, and is starting to care about jewelry and such.  Landon is all boy and loves all things Star Wars and Lego. They both like to draw and color.

I love just about all colors (except yellow and orange) but am finding myself really drawn to turquoise/aquamarine/teal type shades lately.  I would love to do my craft room in pink/mauve teal and grey.  As for clothing I tend to wear A LOT of black and a lot of cardigans. I like to use bright accessories for a pop of color.  I love turtles, tattoos, skulls, birds, Harry Potter, books, scarves, hats, hair clips, make-up, jewelry, and crafting.  I have started a collection of altered spoons, felt badges, and keys. 

Please feel free to claim from any of my boards labeled __________ wants and the crafty ideas board.  I do not need exact replicas of any item pinned so feel free to use them as inspiration.  I am also totally okay with receiving supplies.

http://pinterest.com/lindyv321/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mrs Shak
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012 05:01:32 PM »

I'm Kari from Wisconsin. I'm married with three kids (Kamilla-10, Alivia-7, Dalton-5) and am a bartender.

I like most any color but prefer dark (burgundy, royal purple, brown...). I like gypsy, goth and romantic styles. Halloween is a huge deal in our house but I'm not that into vampires and zombies. If you think of something you think I may like, please PM me so we can discuss, I'm very easy going and you'll probably think of something I'd like that I didn't know that I would like. 

Use boards from Make this for us to Aprons. Be as creative as you would like with the signs and even though I have "For Gifts" I would like to receive these items also. Use my boards for inspiration, I don't think there are any pins that need to be exactly what the pic is. I am fine with supply claims. You may see some pins with **, these are items that rock my world. Please PM me for sizes of any clothes, hats, jewelry. I'm plus size and my kids are interesting shapes.

Allergies
Me: wool against my skin (hats, gloves, etc unless they are lined), eucalyptus, patchouli, seafood (not sure if this would be a concern) and cats if they roll around and leave a ton of dander/hair on things
Alivia: cats (same as me), perfume-y lotions, some foods

http://pinterest.com/mrsshak/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funny, I don't remember being absentminded...

I need a skein (two would be great) of Knit Picks Gloss Bare sock weight to finish a shawl.

My Pinterest
craftaddiction
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012 12:27:59 PM »

Hi everyone. I live in a sleepy little town in Iowa. I don't get out much, so I spend most of my time crafting. I knit, crochet and carve stamps. I love sewn items, but can't sew. I live with my boyfriend (8 years on May Eight) and our small dog (Sissy, who is afraid of everything). My favorite color is pink. I also love purple, blue, bright colors and pastels. I am not a big fan of dark colors and earth tones. I love "cutesie" patterns, like hearts, flowers, butterflies, cupcakes, ect. I also like paisley. My tastes are similar to a 6 year old girl's  Smiley  I don't have any allergies.

All my boards are fair game except "Things I've Made". My pins are just for inspiration. I don't expect the exact item. Usually I like what function the item serves and don't care how it is made (ie. I might pin a side loading case for my laptop, but any case would be wonderful).

I have no problems with supplies claims. It is very hard to get supplies here. Those can be loosely biased too (ie a different but similar type of yarn, though yarn isn't a good example since I like all yarn   Cheesy).

It is now okay to claim from "Christmas Gifts". Just please avoid any of the food items. I am starting to collect birthday/holiday gifts for my parents (and others) so I would love it if someone could claim me from my family board. The plan is to have tons of little gifts for them this Christmas (their birthdays are coming up too). I didn't start early enough last year. I won't have that problem this year  Wink

I love getting things for my family. So I will post their likes here. Any items I mention are pinned. Let inspiration strike. It doesn't matter if what you make/claim is very loosely based on a pin.

• Parents
They live in the southwest and love the southwest theme (in any form/medium). The also foster animals (cats and small dogs) for their local shelter, so any pet toys/clothing/etc are good gifts for them. The both like their local college football team. A team/college shirt or bag would be good for either of them. They have 2 dogs and 1 cat of their own.

Dad love shirts. Any type or medium (stenciled, sewn, silkscreen, printed, etc). He has a hard time finding shirts in his size, so he usually ends up with the weird ones no one else wants from the discount rack at walmart. And he loves those weird shirts. His favorite was just a basic shirt that said I AM HIP HOP he found for $3. Actually, he wore it out so I would LOVE it if someone could make him one.

He also likes homemade soap (any type) the Detroit lions, Elvis, spongebob, his kindle fire, and his dog Rosita. Rosita loves playing ball and car rides. He pretty much likes anything and any colors (well, he wont wear pink or "girly" colors).

Mom likes blue. There is no color she dislikes. She isn't a fan of paisley.
She is learning to sew. I would love to get her some homemade labels (or just some store bought labels that say homemade on them).

• Boyfriend
His area is decorated like a medieval castle. He has started adding some steampunk design to it. He has a whole wall with gears, dials, and such.

• BF's Grandkids
3 boys (ages: 1, 6, and 7) and 1 girl around 4 years old.
[/list]

Here is my link:
http://pinterest.com/craftaddiction/
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012 01:26:09 PM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012 08:50:26 AM »

man I REALLY want to join again but I'm far to swamped >.< I guess I will see you all in june! LOL Happy crafting everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
jennilocker
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012 02:29:36 PM »

URL of my Pinterest :https://pinterest.com/jennilocker/

Hi! I'm a 34 year old from Mount Sterling, KY.  I have an almost 3 year old daughter named Zoe and a video game freak boyfriend.  I LOVE my pinterest and add to it alllll the time.  I think I'm over 1600 pins so pack a lunch when you go look Smiley Pretty much all of the boards can be used for inspiration... I'd especially like stuff from my WISHLIST for me, Zoe, and People I <3 boards. I love and need a purse and wallet right now!  I don't have a ton of supplies pinned but I love being claimed for supplies....I always need embroidery supplies/felt and drawing/painting supplies.  

Relevant sizes for the things I'd love to receive: I can give you measurements if you need them  I'm a size 14/16
Colors you like: Earthy/neutral
Colors you don't like:Neon/glitter/animal prints
Symbols/patterns you like:owls/gnomes/paisley/fairy
Symbols/patterns you don't like:skulls/manly
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012 02:47:55 PM by jennilocker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmelmarie
I just want to make it all!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012 07:34:13 PM »

Hi All! My name's Melissa,
I live in a tiny town in Maine, and my boyfriend and I have purchased our first home a little over a year ago. I am still in full-on decorate mode. We have 3 kitties (although they're usually hiding in the yard) and an extra energetic Lab mix, who is out of her mind, but we love her anyway.
I have relied heavily on Pinterest for home decorating inspiration, as well as to expand my crafting realm. I have this habit of never letting a medium I've never worked with stop me. I love it all! My goal is to have as many unique and handmade items customizing my surroundings as possible. I fall in love everyday with the talents I see in this community. If you allow me the pleasure of your claim, please feel free to use any board you like as inspiration. I fully encourage your creativity and personal spin on any pin you choose, exact replicas are fine too, but not necessary. All boards are fair game, but you'll probably have the best luck in Crafty Cuteness, For the Home, Bag Love, Jewels and Gems, and My style.
The Create a BIGGER Stash board has inspiring supplies, I would adore anything, including supplies. I am currently trying to build a huge fabric supply since sewing is currently dominating my time. I am also beginning needle felting, and fibers can be hard to find.
Colors I LOVE: (there's not a whole lot of limitation here) : Teals, Purple, Greens, autumn colors are found all through my home.
Styles: I love nature inspired themes I spend lots of time outdoors, I have a fascination with hummingbirds. Prints of all kinds I love (not a huge fan of the whole red,white,blue combo)
I love pin-up style and anything in that era as well. Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe,all of that.
My boyfriend is a musician on the side, we are very music inspired, and have a room devoted to classic rock and 90's music is a guilty pleasure Smiley Would love music inspired wall art and New England sports team themed items!

http://pinterest.com/missmelmarie03/
 ** I forgot this link last night when I posted.... minor right? You all have telpathy  Tongue
Thanks for reading through, I am so excited to go board stalk <3
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012 04:08:43 AM by missmelmarie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.pinterest.com/missmelmarie03

I would gladly participate in personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Strawberry Champagne Pops
Cupcake ATM Opens Up in NYC
How to Make a Sheet Tray Cookie Bar
How to Make Rum-Spiked Grilled Pineapple
4 Super-Simple Banana Snacks You Need to Try
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...