A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift ideas for my husband  (Read 1166 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

acorn86
« on: April 30, 2012 06:23:49 PM »

Hi everybody! I'm looking for some creative ideas for gifts for my husband. He is not terribly difficult to buy for, but I love giving homemade gifts. For some reason, I find it hard to craft for him.  Wink So, I'm going to give you guys some information about my DH and (hopefully, PLEASE, I'm begging) you can give me some wonderfully creative ideas that will make him feel loved and special. So, here goes:

Occasion: I'm mainly thinking about our anniversary (which is in December) and Christmas. I'm trying to get an early start this year b/c I didn't finish everything last year. Plus, I'm a teacher so I will have about two and a half months of craft time this summer. I would like to finish at least half of my Christmas projects before school starts back in August.

Favorite colors: Black and red

Interests and Hobbies:
He loves to watch professional wrestling. (Don't ask me, I don't know why!) He even collects wrestling action figures. - I would love to be able to make something related to this but I have no ideas.

He also really likes the "Dark Shadows" series. Both the original from the late 60's and the one from the early 90's. He is super excited about the upcoming movie.  Again, I would love something related to this, but I have no ideas.

He has eclectic tastes in music- 80's, 90's, classic rock, metal. some country.

We are both very involved at our church. He teaches a boy's class on wednesday night that is sort of like boys scouts mixed with Bible lessons. I have thought about doing something relating to this. Maybe something to help him run the class?

Things I have made him in the past:
A hand stitched pillow. I quilted/ appliqued the names of his favorite bands onto a black pillow (which I made). He LOVED this.

A cross stitched bookmark for his Bible. He liked this.

A painted T-shirt and (unpainted) PJ paints. He liked these.

(Not sure if this counts) I made a "ticket" to wrestlemania (hand drawn and colored) and presented it to him for his birthday. (I of course purchased the pay-per-veiw for us to watch. We invited friends and had a big party with snacks, etc.) He loved this and still talks about it two years later.

Please help me!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012 06:13:50 AM by acorn86 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BoxOfRocks
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012 09:21:51 PM »

A quilt made of squares of the professional wrestlers' faces or their logos (if they have them)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acorn86
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012 04:12:53 PM »

Thanks for the idea, BoxOfRocks. I like this idea. The only problem is that I don't know how to quilt. Sad   But, I thought of doing something like this. Maybe. If I could learn to quilt.

So far, I have come up with these ideas:

A collection of hooplas with logos and names of his favorite wrestlers. I could do this with a combination of painting, embroidery, and cross stitching. I like this idea for two reasons. First, I could add to it as an ongoing gift idea. Secondly, I could make it part of a display for his action figures (which he would love).

A decorated tote bag and binder for his Pioneers for Christ class. I could decorate them nicely and personalize the binder for his use. I am great at organization and he isn't, so I think he would appreciate the gift.

Now I just need a dark shadows gift idea. AND a romantic gift idea for our anniversary. Anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
b2j2fitz
Vibrant Designs

...is striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012 01:48:34 PM »

I have done a rubix cube in the past where you remove the color stickers and make your own photo stickers.  A 52 Reasons book...using a deck of cards.  Google it if you're unfamiliar there are tons of tutorials on craftster and the net.  I made my husband a messenger bag/laptop bag out of camo fabric. 

It sounds like your husbands most favorite gift over the years was the ticket and game party you did.  I think you should try something similar again.  You could make him a coupon book for the anniversary gift...Yikes. I have a baby to nurse to if I think of something I'll come back later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acorn86
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012 07:39:29 PM »

Thank you for the idea of the 52 reasons book b2j2fitz. I had never seen one of these before. I think I will try one of these for our anniversary. They look pretty easy, although also very time consuming. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
City of Glass Book Trailer
Monte Reel Talks About The Last of the Tribe
Rachel Renee Russell Talks About Dork Diaries II
Jeffrey Deaver Talks About The Burning Wire
Interpreting Character: Shakespeare
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...